What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morts is being rested.

True EEL

Bench
Only from fans on this forum though. He certainly doesn't come under the same scrutiny compared to Hayne on the media side of things. Just feel good articles and such.

i tend to disagree, he cops it a bit in the media and the media is already forshadowing a move to hooker for him when we have 2 1/2 first grade hookers already in the team?!

bartman

Immortal
Maybe the media will start to foreshadow an early change of club for Morts, after he spends the next month running around in a Wenty jumper...? ;-)

Noise

Coach
he was dropped, no doubt, but the kid - which he still is - is only just behind Jarryd for the amount of scrutiny he is under at our club, its a tough ask and i feel for him and wish him well

At what age are you no longer a kid? Im pretty sure at almost 22 he is an adult

True EEL

Bench
Maybe the media will start to foreshadow an early change of club for Morts, after he spends the next month running around in a Wenty jumper...? ;-)

well as i said, i feel for him, but then again, both of what u mentioned are entirely possible outcomes....

True EEL

Bench
At what age are you no longer a kid? Im pretty sure at 22 he is an adult

look you know what i mean, perhaps its bad to talk like that, but this is still only his 3rd season in NRL and he has only had one full season at this level, last year ok....

bartman

Immortal
Express delivery for a Mr D. Mortimer... ;-)

wentworthville-magpies-home-rugby-shirt-2005-s_283_1_500x400.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its a toss up between Fluke and Morts

Morts needs to try another position, he is no 5/8

boxhead

First Grade
He needs to display some good form for Wentworthville at the moment, we will see if he can challenge for a halves spot later in the year. Hopefully Mcguire and Robson keep up the great work.
There's no doubt in my mind though, Robson has been by far, even barring tonight's game, the best out of he and Mortimer.

barney gumble

Juniors
Obviously a 34 point victory was a big relief. Mortimer should've been dropped several weeks ago. It is unfair to rate the performance with or without Mortimer against the reserve grade gummy sharks who struggle with all their players in let alone 7 or so out. Perhaps if Mortimer plays, the score isn't that much different, who knows? it was the correct decision to 'rest' him though, better late then never and I'll reserve my judgment on the team when we face full strength quality opposition.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
True Barney.

I bag Morts just as much as the next bloke, but I reckon he would have looked good too against that sharks side.

forward pass

Coach
I saw Morts arrive at the ground last night and thought something was up as he looked forlorn and was arriving much later than he should have been.

Last night on radio Kearney said he made the decision about Morts early in the week so all the players knew. Gotta feel a bit sorry for Morts as he was interviewed during the week and obviously had to bullshit his way through it.

This is the danger when you are an automatic go-to man for inteviews. Another lesson learnt for the kid.

Wise Old Eel

Juniors
You all know I have never been a fan of Daniel Mortimer and I believe the right decision was made in regards to dropping him (rested :roll:) but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. I was at the match last night. The Sharks were never in the game. In fact, they were terrible and never really challenged our defence at all. I said to my mate (who is a Sharks fan) that I thought their body language didn't look good as the match started and it turned out to be right.

Let's see how we go against a stronger opposition. At least last night's romp will give us some confidence and, sometimes, that's all that is required to turn your season around.

As for Daniel, he needs to look at this as an opportunity to prove some of us doubters wrong by showing he is too good to be playing park footy for Wenty. I wish him all the best on his assignment.

Go the Eels!

WOE

Latest posts