What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mose Masoe

Mr Red

First Grade
Mr Red is that reference to Merrin being released to Brisbane at the end of this season or are you hearing this coming season? I understand he is still under contract for 2015?

Still under contract for 2015 ......just like Morris was
I have heard brisbane officials have met with the dragons to discuss an arrangement.
Brisbane also released Hoffman to allow Boyd to come on board, and they also released 2 forwards so they have both salary cap and roster spot ready to accommodate Merrin.
Nothing concrete that I know of, but I don't think its over yet...

Edit.. Martin Kennedy and Dave Hala were both released

Last edited:

Jubileeboy

First Grade
There was some drivel in the Telecrap stating 'un-official' talks had taken place but Merrin wasn't involved.
If Merrin thinks he's gonna get $800k, let him go.
If it did happen, we'd have to have close to a $million ready to pounce on a few but I thought he was settling down with what was happening behind the scenes?

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Redundant in the front row?! Did you not see him play last year? The difference in his game when he shifted was huge!!! He is not fast enough for backrower anymore, he doesnt break tackles and he doesnt really offload - he isnt the same player he was in 2010. What he does is get over the advantage line, bend the defense and get to ground quickly for a fast play the ball. He actually does that very well, and every team needs a long minute workhorse like that to compliment the impact props. He is also brilliant defensively and does more to shore up the middle than any of those guys. Hell, there were plenty of games last year when the defense fell to shit as soon as he went off.

He doesnt belong in the backrow anymore, his skillset has shifted. The team needs him at prop.

Your not telling me anything I don't already know......but ask yourself a question; Creagh and Cooper starting props, right? What opposition forward pack is going to be scared of that combo? I don't want our forward pack to the laughing stock of the league next season, with more Willie Mason type comments.

Last edited:

BennyV

Referee
Your not telling me anything I don't already know......but ask yourself a question; Creagh and Cooper starting props, right? What opposition forward pack is going to be scared of that combo? I don't want our forward pack to the laughing stock of the league next season, with more Willie Mason type comments.

I personally wouldn't have Cooper as a starting forward. For mine, hes a good bloke to have coming off the bench and continuing the work of the starters. He could even fill in at second row if needed, he played a fair bit of backrow in England before coming here. If we got Masoe, I'd probably start him or Packer with Creagh.

hazzbeen

Bench

Poor Greagh he will always be remembered for running away from Justin Hodges in S.O.O . Plays well but sorry NO Mongrel ...........

TheRev

Coach
Only way Mose would happen is if we were losing Merrin, hes more the sort of bloke I would have went for instead of some of the blokes like Rose & to a lesser extent Packer (my concern is getting him registered).

To be fair though, if we had been able to get rid of Hunt/Beale/Farrell we would have had 1 million free to have bought 2 QUALITY forwards.. its a real kick in the guts for the club.. the difference between challenging for the 8 and for the spoon.

The Damo

Juniors
Redundant in the front row?! Did you not see him play last year? The difference in his game when he shifted was huge!!! He is not fast enough for backrower anymore, he doesnt break tackles and he doesnt really offload - he isnt the same player he was in 2010. What he does is get over the advantage line, bend the defense and get to ground quickly for a fast play the ball. He actually does that very well, and every team needs a long minute workhorse like that to compliment the impact props. He is also brilliant defensively and does more to shore up the middle than any of those guys. Hell, there were plenty of games last year when the defense fell to shit as soon as he went off.

He doesnt belong in the backrow anymore, his skillset has shifted. The team needs him at prop.

Amen, BennyV speaks truth here.

bottle

Coach
A lot of the forummers have a hard on for JDB as lock.
JDB makes me a little soft to be truthful, at least in attack.
I wouldn't want him tackling me mind, he might break me in half. In attack though he doesn't seem to ask too many questions of the opposition.

The Damo

Juniors
Poor Greagh he will always be remembered for running away from Justin Hodges in S.O.O . Plays well but sorry NO Mongrel ...........

BS, I would have loved him to drop hodges as much as anyone but you can't tell me a guy who spent years running the lines he did at left edge as hard as he did lacks mongrel.

bottle

Coach
Creagh is a footballer through and through. He doesn't have to engage in the other shit. He just gets on with the job.
He has heart. He has character. He is brave.
Anyone thinking otherwise has lost the plot.
f**k what oppo tools think of him. He is a Premiership winning Saint, a champion and our captain.
I'd rather have him beside me in the heat of battle than Hodges. Creagh keeps his head and deals with the task at hand.

love my saints

Juniors
Cant help but laugh at the "Creagh is soft" comments. He was our only forward that ran with purpose, bent the line, and gave quick play the balls.
Problem was we didnt have any other forward to do the same the next hit up and build momentum.
Mose gives us that, and our other forwards will play off that, thats when we will see Frizz and Thompson doing some serious damage out wide.
I think uo front, if we sign Mose and Packer, we finally have a forward pack that can hold its own. O'Brian is 120kgs, Wakeman is a big boy who runs hard, and if Big Georgie gets some confidence, we will destroy teams up front!!! Mose smashed the Burgess boys in the test, just what we need up front.
And dont worry about our backs, any back can look good when the forwards are rolling forward, just look at the dogs for proof.
Sign Mose and Packer and we are a top 4 team, f@#k anyone who disagrees with me, it my opinion on MY team and no matter what, or who plays in that red V, im backing my team for a top for finish!!!
DRAGON FOR LIFE!!!!!

Hurricanerrc

Juniors
Cant help but laugh at the "Creagh is soft" comments. He was our only forward that ran with purpose, bent the line, and gave quick play the balls.
Problem was we didnt have any other forward to do the same the next hit up and build momentum.
Mose gives us that, and our other forwards will play off that, thats when we will see Frizz and Thompson doing some serious damage out wide.
I think uo front, if we sign Mose and Packer, we finally have a forward pack that can hold its own. O'Brian is 120kgs, Wakeman is a big boy who runs hard, and if Big Georgie gets some confidence, we will destroy teams up front!!! Mose smashed the Burgess boys in the test, just what we need up front.
And dont worry about our backs, any back can look good when the forwards are rolling forward, just look at the dogs for proof.
Sign Mose and Packer and we are a top 4 team, f@#k anyone who disagrees with me, it my opinion on MY team and no matter what, or who plays in that red V, im backing my team for a top for finish!!!
DRAGON FOR LIFE!!!!!
Amen ��

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Love to get Mose.

Shows that offloading Stockwell and releasing Morris has us back in the game for one more established big fella.

Also good with lestrange signing. Solid pro and strengthens us at hooker very nicely. Cheap as chips too.

Mulholland is doing his job and we will be pretty well placed to get in to the market next season.

love my saints

Juniors
Love to get Mose.

Shows that offloading Stockwell and releasing Morris has us back in the game for one more established big fella.

Also good with lestrange signing. Solid pro and strengthens us at hooker very nicely. Cheap as chips too.

Mulholland is doing his job and we will be pretty well placed to get in to the market next season.

Agree, what we needed was size up front, and any back will look good when your forwards are rolling forward.
I loved B.Moz, but 600k for a winger and no forwards is rong!!! His a dog now, so f#@k him, and f@#k his brother too!!! No point looking at past players, we needed to look at 2015 and thats what we have done. We still have Dugan, we still got Widdop and Marshall, we may have lost the best winger in the game but we got some solid forwards.
Wingers finish off the work of the forwards, our forwards wer doing not much for B.Moz to finish off!!
Mulholland saw what we lacked and has addressed it, we got size up front, and still have class in the backs!!!
Bring on 2015.... iv got a feeling the mighty red V is gunna prove alot of people rong!!!
Write us off at your own peril, top 4 for sure!!!!

FlameThrower

Bench
Lots of changes, new faces new positions / we need a solid offseason to really gel as a team. Build team spirit, share a vision,get Hornby / Young and MattCooper to inspire and make these new guys understand what the Red V means...play like Dragons not saints!

blacksafake

First Grade

Spot on BV
Sure capt blood has lost some speed but is still quick for a prop & rarely misses a tackle.

grouch

First Grade
Agree, what we needed was size up front, and any back will look good when your forwards are rolling forward.
I loved B.Moz, but 600k for a winger and no forwards is rong!!! His a dog now, so f#@k him, and f@#k his brother too!!! No point looking at past players, we needed to look at 2015 and thats what we have done. We still have Dugan, we still got Widdop and Marshall, we may have lost the best winger in the game but we got some solid forwards.
Wingers finish off the work of the forwards, our forwards wer doing not much for B.Moz to finish off!!
Mulholland saw what we lacked and has addressed it, we got size up front, and still have class in the backs!!!
Bring on 2015.... iv got a feeling the mighty red V is gunna prove alot of people rong!!!
Write us off at your own peril, top 4 for sure!!!!

Rong.