What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moses Mbye

BBTB

Juniors
Been on the forum here for nearly a decade mate.
Have made some lifelong friends.

Golden rule for me when it comes to rumours is ... treat them as that ... rumours.

It doesn't mean the poster is either connected or ITK, or just a Bs artist. I have known and met parents of players ( one of which was a member here ), as well as top tier sponsors from this forum. Even some of their intel was proven to be wrong.

Not because they lied, but because circumstances changed.

Bottom line, its a forum, and by definition we will get varying sources of info spattered with quite a lot of BS.

PS... I have heard from my neighbors friend whom once met Darren Traceys' cousin in Honolulu, that the deal with MBye is 100% done.
That's all ok,but reckons he's a "player manager".l asked him to prove it..

Mjab

Juniors
They love playing against us. They know that if they play us twice in a season, they are guaranteed 4 competition points. There are teams who love playing against other teams. I guess lately our team we love playing against is the Broncos although, they will be much tougher next year.
Sadly we are 4 points a year for most teams unless they stuff up

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Sadly we are 4 points a year for most teams unless they stuff up
If we could start by getting a bit of a record around our home grounds. Both venues used to put the fear into oppositions as a tough place to go. Recent years it’s about as intimidating as going to sea side carnivals. Let’s put a line in the sand here for a start! Newcastle and Warriors NEVER use to beat us. Manly always struggle and we kind of share the rest a bit, even beat the Roosters now and then. Storm wins are so far apart it’s not funny, and South’s who we always used to give it to, now get us every time, which really gives me the shits! Home games(when we ever play there again) should be an opposition nightmare!

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
W
I have been on this Forum for 6 years and for all that time GetSmarty has provided a huge service to all members through his posting of published news of the Dragons. I feel I owe him a great debt for his devotion of so much time and effort. To see his veracity and personality attacked is not only very disappointing but in my opinion records a new low for the Forum.
Well said

getsmarty

Immortal
No where did I say I was a player manager...read what I said again...info from a player manager...again people putting their own spin on things....

The forum has become quite angst ridden over the course of this year....I love the input from most posters, but enough is enough....I have better things to do with my time than be abused by keyboard warriors .... time to move on....all the best to all...I will still drop in from time to time....no more updates...

We could all learn to be a little kinder to everyone....Myself included....

Enjoy your week and all the best.

TruSaint

Referee
No where did I say I was a player manager...read what I said again...info from a player manager...again people putting their own spin on things....

The forum has become quite angst ridden over the course of this year....I love the input from most posters, but enough is enough....I have better things to do with my time than be abused by keyboard warriors .... time to move on....all the best to all...I will still drop in from time to time....no more updates...

Chill out matey.

Been a rough season, add lockdown, and we all get a tad touchy.

Lets just move on.

Moses_Mbye_Queensland.jpg

:) :) :)

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Lots to say about what has gone on, but really can't be bothered going into depth, however, some people really think their shit doesn't stink, well news flash, it does.

This forum WAS always a great source of entertainment and info about the Dragons. How far has that now fallen! We've had some really good posters that no longer post or even members of this forum anymore. Most ridiculed for their views, be them right or wrong. As for people with 'info', it seems those that don't require proof of source or demand evidence of who it came from. And when the 'info' doesn't eventuate, they are ridiculed and berated. Yet, sources such as Fox, or Telecrap, or Sporting News posts something, it's almost treated as gospel. This is football people, a business, one that changes almost by the day, if not the hour. For example, Fox posted, even by video, that we has signed Offahengue. Not long after, he signed with the Tigers.

As for @getsmarty, a true gentleman, an excellent poster, and always put his hand up to deliver articles about the Dragons from all varying sources, a job he doesn't have to do at all, but he does it for the love of the Dragons and its supporters. If he has a source of 'info', then I'm more than happy for him to give us a heads-up. There is no need to reveal his source, that would be just a mind-blowing request, one the source wouldn't take kindly to either.

Some people would say "it's a footy forum mate, harden up", or similar or along those lines. However, a forum is for debate, not my way or the highway as some seem to forcefully apply. Everyone's personality is different, some are hard heads, some are soft, it doesn't make their opinion any less valid than yours. Agree to disagree is always a sensible approach, which seldom eventuates unfortunately.

As for myself, I've been on here for near on 6yrs now, but recently finding myself posting less and less, in fact I didn't even post on the game thread (during and after) last week. It's not because I haven't got anything to say, I just can't be bothered expressing my views much anymore.

I truly hope people enjoy getting their info from the sources mentioned above, and I will sit back and have a laugh when they are immediately included in our 17.

SEAT 1A

Bench

If that's the case getsmarty, thank you and always enjoyed your input from a general supporter.

Stay safe, take care and as always go the Dragons.

Illusion

Bench
Easy old mate stay on don't

Easy mate stay on don't let them rattle you .... as always your INFO is always good .... As I say its easy F**K them ..... and as I have said before if they want to be abusive and personal do what I have done before invite who ever to meet you for a coffee my shout and tell me to my face ..... Im sure I can sort it out ..... Mate be very disappointed if you go .....

Dragsters

First Grade

FWIW mate, I read that post and I read it as "info from a player manager" so I'm not sure how it could be misunderstood.

Anyhow, I hope you keep contributing as I for one appreciate it.

Cheers getsmarty...

thebigredv

First Grade
I'm not typically a half glass full person I'm sure this is evident and I'll call a spade a spade when it comes to this club.

Right now...

Our club is in absolute disarray.

The majority of the team are an uninspiring collective of footy players, and I think everyone knows it deep down.

There's next to nothing to talk positive about being stuck with such uncommitted or green and unproven or slow and past it plodders.

Now the forum is a sad place to be as a result. Hence the arguing.

That's how I see it. Can only go up from here but it gets tiring waiting.

redv13

Bench
Positives:
* Norman has 4 games maximum left for us. Plus Dufty and his shitty attitude.
* Some good signings in the forwards next year with Su’a, Molo and Burgess. Hopefully a few more surprises to come.
* Sloan, Amone, Sullivan, Feagai’s, to get a full pre season in with the team, can only help for next year considering the stop start of playing over the last 2 years for them.
* Bird will improve with a full pre season too and hit the ground running in 2022.
* JDB to be available from round 1.

Gareth67

First Grade

Mate , we cannot afford you to play hooky on us , hell where would we get the latest news from .

If you really do then do what another member suggested , have a bit of a break and come back refreshed . ( not that you require it )

Looking forward to your next update G.S.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
I'm not typically a half glass full person I'm sure this is evident and I'll call a spade a spade when it comes to this club.

Right now...

Our club is in absolute disarray.

The majority of the team are an uninspiring collective of footy players, and I think everyone knows it deep down.

There's next to nothing to talk positive about being stuck with such uncommitted or green and unproven or slow and past it plodders.

Now the forum is a sad place to be as a result. Hence the arguing.

That's how I see it. Can only go up from here but it gets tiring waiting.
Try 10 years of it.
You’ll be fine.