What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moses Mbye

denis preston

First Grade
Yes mate.

Fair enough. My point ( this being the Mbye thread ), is that people lauded the signing of a 30 plus year old, and find Mbye at 28 to be not worthy.

In my opinion, AM and McGuire were rash signings and offer very little.
All depends on how much it cost us. If it is under 400k then value for money .

denis preston

First Grade
Not sure we need to be going all ga ga over importing players that are unwanted by other clubs. What we need to be doing is nurturing local juniors to join the famous Dragons family.. not rejects. And not abandoning them as we have done with Roddy Wishart's boy when he looked a fine player with utility promise.
Having said that, let's hope Mbye becomes a major asset for the club.
Perhaps Wishart pulled the pin himself. IMO very unfair to criticise the club for not looking after local juniors. There are 12 or so juniors that have contracts with us so I don't know where you get this from.

Crush

Coach
370K us
400K Tigers
90K paycut

Is what my Tigers mates are saying

But if it is shows the blokes character taking a paycut to get out and enjoy footy again
From our perspective, 370K for Mbye is OK, not a bad signing, not a great signing, it’s a nothing to see here signing.
But what about 2023? Are we only paying him 370K for that season as well or will he jump up to 500K or even more?

St Tangles

Bench
From our perspective, 370K for Mbye is OK, not a bad signing, not a great signing, it’s a nothing to see here signing.
But what about 2023? Are we only paying him 370K for that season as well or will he jump up to 500K or even more?

Hopefully no more than the $370K of next year

borat

Bench
Mbye is a top signing for the money we are paying. We have next to no depth in the spine positions bar Clune who really only covers halfback. Mbye can cover multiple positions and regularly fill 14. This will allow Bird to play in the centre/2nd row and not get shifted to FB if Sloan can't play, provide cover for AM and Hunt. All in 1 player at a heavily discounted salary

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
Mbye is a top signing for the money we are paying. We have next to no depth in the spine positions bar Clune who really only covers halfback. Mbye can cover multiple positions and regularly fill 14. This will allow Bird to play in the centre/2nd row and not get shifted to FB if Sloan can't play, provide cover for AM and Hunt. All in 1 player at a heavily discounted salary
Exactly. He plugs a hole for us. Not a star but still very valuable

KiamaSaint

Coach
Agree, and he is not a bad player.

Perhaps Wishart pulled the pin himself. IMO very unfair to criticise the club for not looking after local juniors. There are 12 or so juniors that have contracts with us so I don't know where you get this from.
"further nurturing local juniors then"
...and perhaps he did not pull pin. Expect Rod w'd been against it.

There are 12 or so juniors that have contracts

Other than Sloan, Sullivan, the Feagais and Amone.. who are the others? These guys I understand came directly from SG Ball? I was critical when the Under 20 comp was dropped. Would these juniors have had this quick pathway into the NRL had that comp still been running. Interesting.

Daptodragon

Juniors
Clunes going to the Knights apparently.