Moses

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by super_coach, Mar 18, 2018.

1. stryker

stryker Juniors

Mate this bloke tanked games for us and played the mental health card to get an early release. The team he went to are about to win the spoon. Karma is a bitch. He deserves every second of the abuse he cops from our supporters.

stamford likes this.
  2. stryker

stryker Juniors

I do as well.
    Ive pretty much lost hope though to be honest. He'll make some guest appearances and win games but we'll never get 20+ weeks in a row from him. For the money he is on, we need to.

3. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

It's a worry isn't it. Cleary and his long term contracts. These are what screwed over the Dogs. I hope it doesn't happen to us.

4. Perth Tiger

Perth Tiger Juniors

long term contracts did not screw the dogs. It was heavily back ended contracts, which is a different thing.

5. Shredder

Shredder Juniors

Was just about to say the same thing PT.

Back ended contracts are evil. Just ask the Dogs, Manly or Robbie Farah.

05 you seem to have an issue with long dated contracts. Would you have had an issue if we signed Tamulomo for 10 years like the Cows did? The games changing mate, its always changing.

6. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

Shorter contracts just keep the distractions coming...so long as they have the ability let the coach worry about getting the value ...it's his job

Perth Tiger likes this.
  7. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

It always depends doesn't it. I'm cool with long term contracts at fair rates. I'd love Taumolo at our club. The 10 year time frame may hurt the Cowboys but time will tell.

I have an issue with giving Packer and Reynolds 4 year contracts on good dollars because they both don't seem to be worth the money we are paying. If it was a shorter term contract you could just get rid of them at the end of their contract.

You are though correct in that back ended contracts can really screw a club over. The salary cap means that you have to get players on fair values and hope that the team somehow gels together. The top teams rort the cap to a degree but we don't seem to be able to do that and therefore cap management is crucial for us.

I hope I'm wrong about Reynolds and he performs for the next 3 years of his contract. I hope Packer somehow improves on his performances this year.

leaguelegend21 likes this.
  8. leaguelegend21

leaguelegend21 Juniors

I have real worries about Reynolds. He's 30 next year and is already playing busted. A poor signing to say the least.

If we didn't have Benji this year we would be up merkins creek.

9. macnaz

macnaz Moderator Staff Member

Reynolds played 18 games last year. Who was to know he'd be as f**ked up this year ?

10. Justin Mccloughan

Justin Mccloughan Juniors

I have to admit, i was scratching my head when it was announced we signed him. When it was a 4 yr deal, well that sat me on my a$$.
    I've enjoyed watching him speak on NRL360 though, he's not the tool i thought he was when he was at the dogs. And i do love the passion he brings to his game, albeit with the odd brain explosion.
    A lot of players have these sorts of seasons, where they just can't take a trick with injuries. Hopefully the rest invigorates him and makes him hungry for 2019. Then we can start to see return on our investment.

11. Shredder

Shredder Juniors

Scott Prince comes to mind. Broke both legs numerous times, was on the outter everywhere came to us and won a premiership.

Benji had his many seasons as a busted.

stamford, Tigerm, Das Hassler and 2 others like this.
  12. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

It can turn around can't it.

13. Shredder

Shredder Juniors

95% of it is freak luck.

Reynolds hardly missed a game his entire career. Hes had a bad year. Judge him on next year.

14. super_coach

super_coach Bench

When your team is hanging down near the bottom for multiple season you are forced to accept contract deals that the better clubs would not entertain. Hence you pay overs, offer longer deals and gamble on players at their back ends of the careers or players with injury issues. A few very good years and it all can change

macnaz, Shredder and Vic Mackey like this.
  15. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

Fully fit Reynolds
    Yep no doubt next season will b significant for Grub (hopefully this seasons injury curse steers clear of him) especially if Benji calls it a day @ end of this season.

16. macnaz

macnaz Moderator Staff Member

Maybe compare to the Drain Stain,Jerk Doushkin and Inglis to see what bad value is worth.. to be honest he probably got Embye to join us as well and he is coming along brilliantly:) so altho i would have loved to have seen more of him this year he has played his part in a new TEAM.

17. super_coach

super_coach Bench

Mitchell the tank engine finally achieved something....he got the spoon. Now that’s Karma

18. Russell Coight

Russell Coight Juniors

Parra fans last year: *gobble gobble* Moses is the next immortal! *swallow swallow* Lmao tigers fans saying hes shit are idiots!

If theres any joy out of this year I'm glad that c**k wallet won the wooden spoon

19. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

My favourite decision made by Cleary last season was treating the tanka & his swindler cousin with contempt during the contracts saga !

Parra r getting about $8 in value from his 800k/yr contract.

20. benched tiger

benched tiger Bench

LMAO,if ever there was a player that deserved a wooden spoon it’s that liability.

super_coach, Front-Rower and stamford like this.