What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Annoying TV Commercials

Silent Knight

First Grade
I just saw a Frank Walker inspired National Tiles ad on TV - never seen one before.

Well he's been dominating the radio airwaves for a long time now and has recently made a foray into German DJ sets so I guess the next logical path for Frank's National Tiles Empire is to conquer the TV industry as well.

Netflix better watch out...

thorson1987

Coach
Coles and woolies just don’t get it.

I don’t have an emotional attachment to either of your brands and never will. You sell food that I need

You would be better off using the 30 second commercial to show pictures and prices of shit on Special this week not trying to ram a theme song down my throat.

Show me why to shop there. Simples.

Compare the f**king Market ads. Shut the f**k up merkins.

The Rosco

Bench
all the new age life/funeral/income/etc insurance ads.
"Hey Betty, I can get us life insurance over the phone without a medical. Just give us a sec, love and I'll do something great for us and our future. Once I'm done on the phone,

Last edited by a moderator:

roofromoz

First Grade
(I posted this on FB the other day)

Currently there is an advert on tv in Australia for a tasteless pish peer, Hahn Pure Extra Dry Blonde, or something equally horrific

In it, the blokes are discussing the merits of the song Horses, by someone called Daryl and a song by someone Australians call Farnsey who was famous in Australia in the 80's (nowhere in the World had bad enough taste to buy his music)

The advertisers absolutely nailed their target market imo

Remember kids, drinking terrible beer leads to appalling taste elsewhere in your lives. Be careful, stay safe

The more concerning thing actually was that someone wanted to suggest Run to Paradise as a pub anthem.

Personally it's one of the worst songs ever released. I just don't understand the appeal.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The "Did someone say KFC adds?" arent annoying but its annoys me that I want to stop eating it for a period they bring in a new add and their food looks so good lol

Whats interesting is they brought back the one with parents looking at their kids picture at school. Obviously someone complained before.

For me the annoying adds are the ones that are at least 2 years old, particular TAB and Bundaberg unmistakably ours.

horrie hastings

First Grade
The "Did someone say KFC adds?" arent annoying but its annoys me that I want to stop eating it for a period they bring in a new add and their food looks so good lol

Whats interesting is they brought back the one with parents looking at their kids picture at school. Obviously someone complained before.

For me the annoying adds are the ones that are at least 2 years old, particular TAB and Bundaberg unmistakably ours.

The trouble with KFC ads is that they show chicken pieces that look like they have meat on them but in reality when you get chicken from KFC they are scabby little pieces.

Lambretta

First Grade
The more concerning thing actually was that someone wanted to suggest Run to Paradise as a pub anthem.

Personally it's one of the worst songs ever released. I just don't understand the appeal.

A bit like Hahn Super Dry Blonde water whatitsname
Liked by people who shouldn't really be allowed into a pub in the first place

Nuke

Staff member
Surprised this one's not been mentioned yet. Maybe because it usually comes about in or around Christmas time, but that damned Ikea ad "Get in the carrrrr".

Seems I'm like a lot of people here: If I see or hear an ad that pisses me off, I will go out of my way to avoid that product / company / restaurant. That's if I happen to have paid attention to what was being advertised in the first place. Most of the time the mute button gets pressed as soon as the ad break begins.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The trouble with KFC ads is that they show chicken pieces that look like they have meat on them but in reality when you get chicken from KFC they are scabby little pieces.

That's pretty much the deal with most food adverts that involve cooking/preperation beyond dumping it into a bowl. Nothing looks like it does in the ad.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
all the new age life/funeral/income/etc insurance ads.
"Hey Betty, I can get us life insurance over the phone without a medical. Just give us a sec, love and I'll do something great for us and our future. Once I'm done on the phone,

It's the realistic situations and natural dialogue that make them so damn believable.

horrie hastings

First Grade
That's pretty much the deal with most food adverts that involve cooking/preperation beyond dumping it into a bowl. Nothing looks like it does in the ad.

Yep especially the burgers for KFC/ Maccas/Hungry Jacks, look like a work of art in the commercials but in reality they are smaller and scrappy slapped together products.
To be honest I haven't eaten Maccas in almost 20 years but I see people eating the slop at the centre I work at just about every day, lucky to have Hungry Jacks once a year and might have KFC 3/4 times a year.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Yep especially the burgers for KFC/ Maccas/Hungry Jacks, look like a work of art in the commercials but in reality they are smaller and scrappy slapped together products.
To be honest I haven't eaten Maccas in almost 20 years but I see people eating the slop at the centre I work at just about every day, lucky to have Hungry Jacks once a year and might have KFC 3/4 times a year.

The food in commercials are a work of art, but you definitely don't want to eat the ones they use in commercials. They'd be even worse than the actual food you get from those places which says a lot.

Latest posts