What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Annoying TV Commercials

The Rosco

Bench
One of those dumb "compare" ads started a worrying trend recently.
When advertising their "we'll get you a better electricity rate", the guy clearly said "Alectricity", instead of Electricity. FIIK why.
Adding to the stupidity, MMM Sydney is running a radio competition called "Elevator from hell"
Which is fine, except in one promo they say . . . you guessed it . . . Alevator from hell.
If you are gonna change our language and invent your own words, why not call electricity " Brujanniputa" and be done with it ?

Nuke

Staff member
The English language is f**ked in the future thanks to the current generation of poor spellers and using the wrong words ('pacific' instead of 'specific') or words used incorrectly ("It was so hot yesterday I was literally on fire" Really? You were actually on fire because it was 35°? I see no bandages on you now!).
Also the increasing use of American spelling and words in place of our own.

While I've not heard the 'alevator' or 'alectricity' ads you're talking about (may just be an east coast thing), I'd be pretty annoyed if I noticed it too. Once you hear something like that, you hear it EVERY time, don't you?!

The Rosco

Bench
The English language is f**ked in the future thanks to the current generation of poor spellers and using the wrong words ('pacific' instead of 'specific') or words used incorrectly ("It was so hot yesterday I was literally on fire" Really? You were actually on fire because it was 35°? I see no bandages on you now!).
Also the increasing use of American spelling and words in place of our own.

While I've not heard the 'alevator' or 'alectricity' ads you're talking about (may just be an east coast thing), I'd be pretty annoyed if I noticed it too. Once you hear something like that, you hear it EVERY time, don't you?!
I hear ya, Nuke.
These forum pages would represent a reasonably broad cross-section of society.
The standard of spelling, punctuation and grammar here is generally sad, really. But probably typical of any other random group today.

Whino

Bench
Channel 7 is big on these... "The drama that has ALL OF AUSTRALIA on edge", "AUSTRALIA is hooked on...", "The show AUSTRALIA can't get enough of..."

I'm not watching it. So get farked.

Networks like 7 are good at sweeping statements. Usually most of the shit they go on about I don't watch either.

roofromoz

First Grade
Those lifestyle expiry date ads for Challenger are a wank.

If the worse thing in your retirement is that you're driving an older model Camry then you're doing all right.