What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most biased Commentators/Journalists?

Iafeta

Referee
Wayne Pearce isn't biased - he's just as Thierry says, clueless.

Phil Gould is terribly pro-Chooks, and Paul Harragon is outrageously pro-Newcastle. Daley is quite funny - once a great Raider, seems to tip against them every week, but tips Dragons his new club weekly no dramas.

Dakink

Bench
The main thing with people like Chief, you know he is going to be pro Newie - and he will never try to be anything otherwise. I dont mind listening to commentators\media that do have a particular bias, providing they are not operating under the pretense of objectivity.

Raider Ultra

Bench
I do, when he spends his entire time rabitting on about them. One of the main reasons I steer clear of both footy shows.

Jesfery

Juniors
I know this is a little off topic... but is anyone else enjoying Gordy Tallis' work so far this season?

lockyno1

Post Whore
no1 would be Gould! Exactly why the mute button is on the remote control for! This friday will be so painful it won't be even funny!

aids

Bench
Jesfery said:
I know this is a little off topic... but is anyone else enjoying Gordy Tallis' work so far this season?

he sounds like a robot child
"myfriendwaynesaidicouldcometothefootballtonightandtalkaboutfootball..
.ialsolikepiesandsaucebutmymatewaynesaysicantdrinkanybeer"

not biased, just very monotone

Raider Azz

Bench
Raider Ultra said:
I do, when he spends his entire time rabitting on about them. One of the main reasons I steer clear of both footy shows.
exactlly. a perfect example of this would be last year when we comfortably beat the knights all he could talk about in his "wrap" of the game on the sunday footy show was how "the knights have a great team and will bounce back."

legend

Coach
I think Gould is nowhere near as bad with the Roosters these days comapred to 2002-04. I think there has been a falling out and I have heard himbe quite critical of them at times.

I think Gould is warming to the Dragons.

I also think Warren Smith is slightly pro-Raiders to offset Daley's blatant anti-Raiders tipping stance.

Slappy

Juniors
aids said:
he sounds like a robot child
"myfriendwaynesaidicouldcometothefootballtonightandtalkaboutfootball..
.ialsolikepiesandsaucebutmymatewaynesaysicantdrinkanybeer"

not biased, just very monotone

whatthehelliswrongwiththathahahitsallgood

Eddie.

Bench
How about Languising Laurie's commentary forgeting the bias. Have you ever seen anyone repeatedly point out so many obvious things through the course of the game?

dubby

Bench
Ben Ikin. Tosser.
The whole ch9 team towards Newcastle (except Fatty).
The ch9 Brisbane commentators are absolutley woeful.

Iafeta

Referee
Agent Mulder said:
Gary Freeman and Parramatta, I love to know what we ever did to him to piss him off.

And the Warriors too.

He lays into them time after time after time, regardless of score or anything.

I think in this case it has something to him losing the Kiwis job to Daniel Anderson, and the infamous "Hit the road jack" song played at Ericsson when he was either sin binned or sent off for Penrith against Auckland.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Ray Warren - He is disgraceful when comentating Parra, he sounds as if he is going to blow his load.
"WIDDDEERRRRS!!!!!"
"TAHUUUUUUU"
"SUPER SUB (repeat 1000 times during the match)"

Fatty - To Manly, but is just joking around so its kinda funny.

Matty Johns - To the Storm, talking up Cronk like he is the next best thing

Kiwi

First Grade
Daley and the Drogons, one would swear he played all his league for that club if they didn't know better.

jc155776

Coach
Gilmeister at Origin time is the worse. The rest of the channel 9 team can show some objectivity but he just seems like a bit of a joke really....

domdom

Juniors
Ray chesterton from the telegraph in sydney is terrible, he seems to have a massive chip on his shoulder when he talks about the other codes, but then again, a clam examination of the issues isn't really what a tabloid does.

gould's columns are terrible. agree with everyone else on how he handles critisism. he thinks his opinion is gold and everyone else's is not worth a toss.

all the channel 9 commentators are rubbish, the fox sports guys are better as they talk more footy than just crack crap jokes. rabs is good for a laugh though, its funny when he gets all excited!

i'd love to see laurie laurence get a gig again, but i think his doctor would advise against it though!

Iafeta

Referee
Domdom, I don't mind Sterlo. I don't really find him biased towards Parramatta, at times it seems like he distinctly tips against them to make sure the inference isn't really founded.

Latest posts