What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most biased Commentators/Journalists?

albi

Juniors
[FONT=&quot]
Bomber said:
Craig Hamilton

Yes, he certainly wears his Newcastle allegiance on his sleeve. But it is nothing compared to the Chief:roll: Don't mind the chief though.

Tim Gavell certainly gets excited about the Raiders I don't mind as we need all the help we can get:lol:[/FONT]

Parra_Eels

Bench
bomber and lazarus here in the god awful channel 9 brisbane team
and one who really gets my blood boiling - barry bloody dick

drake said:
I can't comment on the FOX blokes, maybe see 2 FOX games a year.

Peter Sterling is the most professional of all of them, probably displays less bias than the rest minus Voss put together.

Vossy is pretty good, can't tell who he actually barracks for.

Ray Warren: Absolute bias for Parra, bias towards Newcastle and current champions (whoever that may be). If a team he likes is playing, you'd think they were playing alone.

Gould: Roosters bias has lessened but still strong; he's starting to show his old love of the Saints too. Gives blowies to all the star players.

Fatty: well besides Manly which is just tongue in cheek, he seems to have love for Joey like everyone else.

Matt Johns: Idiot. Embarrassing to hear him talk about his brother. Almost as nauseating talking up Marshall. Hates the Dragons something fierce. His sideline cameos are ridiculous.

Excatly, re M.Johns

gregstar

Referee
warren ryan's love of the knights & ex knights players that he coached is starting to make him annoying. he was better pre-1999 than now.

sting

Bench
i like costo n the way he makes all these kinda random comments..

alot different to all the aussie commentators. it makes watchin the warriors games are kinda like a novelty...

all the aussie commentators need to get johns dick out their mouths. sure hes a great player but the other 25 blokes on the field hardly get a mention anytime something happens during a knights game

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
Bomberlas is shocking but back in the day when Tony Durkin was around I've never come across a journo being so biased. I guess he got the job he was after in the long run but he was the worst I've ever come across. Saying that Daley is working hard to become the most one eyed commentator in league. He is just one eyed when it comes to the Dragons and really has a huge bias against teams like the Tigers and Raiders. I really can't stand his useless commentary either.

Vossy is the best, is fair to all teams and I still wouldn't have a clue who he supports the game needs more like him.

HannahMc

Juniors
Tap Twist Snap said:
Vossy is the best, is fair to all teams and I still wouldn't have a clue who he supports the game needs more like him.
I agree completely! I absolutely love listening to games commentated by him, simply because it's so objective. You get a real sense of what is happening; the good and the bad from both teams are always reported.

The only negative aspect is that I like to occasionally cheer for a random team, and normally I go with the one the commentator is supporting, as it gets me riled up.

nqboy

First Grade
jc155776 said:
Gilmeister at Origin time is the worse. The rest of the channel 9 team can show some objectivity but he just seems like a bit of a joke really....
You're kidding, aren't you?

Azkatro

First Grade
Laurie annoys the crap out of me with the Dragons. But as biased as they are, I've actually come to enjoy the Sky NZ team. What I like about them is they come across as almost tongue-in-cheek, and admittedly I find Halligan's lisp entertaining.

nqboy

First Grade
Angry_eel said:
Bloody benny Elias. watchin him on toyota world sports makes me think balmain owns SBS or some crap.
Absolutely. I'd love to watch rugby league on TWS but can't stand Backdoor Benny's bias.

nqboy

First Grade
butchmcdick said:
Yeah, eddie and steve the pommy guys have no objectivity whatsoever. They have no qualms about refering to the british side as we eg we have to stop these aussies from scoring.

The guys who call the warriors are woefull, whats with costo blowing his load every time sione faumoina touches the ball. As for the stuttering lisping ropati guy that keeps talking about " playing good D " the less said the better.
Yeah, but you can't take them seriously so, as someone else alluded to, they don't bother me. Just good for a laugh really.

nqboy

First Grade
eelsta said:
Wayne pearce and gary freeman not biased just bloody hopeless:roll:
I don't have to put up with Bumble-arse and Co, but I agree about Pearce and Freeman. Worst for me. But not just hopeless, biased as well.

Ikin and Paul Green need personality transplants. Daley, everyone acknowledeges his hard-on for the Dragons. Same as Phool Gould, but easing a bit (he must've missed out on a job there) and he is edging back to the Rorters.

For me, the only ones worth their salt are Sterlo, Vossy, Warren Smith and Brandy Alexander.

nqboy

First Grade
Azkatro said:
Laurie annoys the crap out of me with the Dragons. But as biased as they are, I've actually come to enjoy the Sky NZ team. What I like about them is they come across as almost tongue-in-cheek, and admittedly I find Halligan's lisp entertaining.
Agree, I get a laugh out of them a fair bit.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
My idea of hell would be a game called by pearce, sattler and costo with sideline comments from freeman and ropati

Latest posts