What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most boring/mundane NRL player sightings

thorson1987

Coach
Ben Barba getting out of his car at Miranda Westfields not long after signing for Cronulla.

Frank Pritchard, Greg Eastwood and Sam Kasiano at Macquarie Fields pools in January. Were sitting at the table next to us.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Back in my uni days on the gold coast when I worked at seaworld over a few years I served:
Gus Gould
Kevin campion
Ashley Harrison
Nathan friend
The chief
Jamie peacock

thorson1987

Coach
Chase Stanley standing on the side of the Princes Hwy near Sutherland in his dragons gear. Looked like he was waiting for a lift to training.

Rhyno

First Grade
Seen keven Kingston and Michael Gordon buying football boots in some sports store

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Saw Mick Crocker in Richmond, Melbourne carrying shopping to the car in about 2009.

He sounded like he was in a world of hurt.

Saw Greg Inglis at Eastgardens Westfield recently, just strolling around.

kdalymc

Bench
seen denan kemp at some wigga festival, yelled "oi denan kemp" he turned around, we yelled again "your a cock"

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Just under 3 years ago, was at San Francisco Caltrain station after buying my train ticket en route to watching the 49ers play the Rams at Levis Stadium. See a familiar face standing right next to me. The familiar face of Trent Robinson. Dare I say my mind was blown. I read later that Michael Cheika was meant to join him but was appointed Wallabies coach shortly before.

Barkley

Bench
I saw Matt Rogers having dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe in Surfers Paradise.

I saw Gordon Tallis sitting in his car at Indooroopilly ( in a parents with prams spot mind you)

I saw Peter Wallace and Cory Parker walking down the street in Bulimba.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Saw Bull Bailey at Shellharbour Square once. He was waiting in line at Boost Juice. Couldnt get a visual in the drink he had. Cups are all green there, you see.

oval

Juniors
Steve Menzies walking a dog near the Manly corso after he'd gone to super league (must've been off season).

Cliff Lyons picking up fish and chips in Harbord.

Brett Stewart on crutches gingerly making his way through back streets of Queenscliff.

Half the Manly squad of the winning years at the steyne and the wharf hotel on multiple occasions (Watmough and Matai both smoking durries). Menzies and Robertson were being friendly with punters, Lyon and Matai not so much.

Not a player, but I saw Russell Crowe walking down Macquarie Street in the city in a Rabbitohs jersey with a dude who looked like his bodyguard. Said "go Manly" as I passed him, and he smiled.

Saw Watmough at the sushi place on Manly Corso eating the most sushi I'd ever seen anyone eat in one sitting. Just plate after plate down the gullet. That guy is a machine.

Saw ex Manly player Luke Williamson at the Manly flea market selling a bunch of stuff including a Manly training vest and tracksuit. I bought them - much too big for me.

My dad said Freddy Fittler cut him off on in his car at Narrabeen then gave my dad the finger. My dad is a Penrith boy and his opinion of Fittler was subsequently lowered.

Saw Kieren Foran and Mitchell Pearce getting ice cream next to the old video shop in Manly. They were pissed.

Was working as an electricity meter reader in Narraweena and Hoppa poked his head out of a window and said "take a few numbers off mate".

Haven't lived in Sydney for a while now, but back when I was on the northern beaches you saw Manly players everywhere.

Latest posts