What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most boring/mundane NRL player sightings

Front-Rower

First Grade
Luke Pattern and Braiff Anasta were once sitting in the seats infront of me on a flight to Queensland.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
i don't think he has any kids

Amber+Alert+generic1.jpg

Knightmare

Coach
Meninga in the foyer of a Surfers Paradise hotel when he was still Maroons coach, sitting down on a lounge and chatting on his phone for ages.

Sterlo while eating at Erina Macca's 15 years ago- he was in the car park hopping into his 4wd and he had sunnies on- but you'd recognise that head and that snoz anywhere!

Matt Orford in the old beer garden at Crowne Plaza Terrigal, 13 years ago. Certain I walked past Wayne Pearce across the street around the same time-frame.

Spud Carroll at Macca's on Military Rd about 10 years ago- then again a few months after at Luna Park.

Noddy was standing further up from me in the crowd at the first Homebush V8's race 8 years ago, when he was still playing for Canterbury.

A few years back I was at Robina Town Centre, walking through the mall on a crowded day when I spotted Corey (sorry, Iron Man) Parker walking towards me. Our glances met for a moment- just enough for me to think "Hey it's Corey Parker (sorry- Iron Man)" and for him to (I'm guessing) think "That bloke recognises me- is he going to stop me for the same f**king boring 2 minute conversation I've had 50 times this week already or let me go?"

I kept on walking and let it go. I figured it was his day off, let him be. And I didn't want to disrespect him, because I know how rarely he got the respect he deserved.

Last edited:

Knightmare

Coach
EDIT: Also saw Tallis at Westfield Chermside he was at the information desk with his family...We locked eyes and had the strangest look...sort of that unhinged look he has...He either was scared as hell of me or wanted to smack my head in...Both shouldn't have really been the case.

That was the moment you should've looked at him like you wanted to make lampshades out of his skin and said "You'll always be my bull, Gorden."

Last edited:

butchmcdick

Immortal
Greg Conescu hit on my mum in a bar in the early 90's

Billy Moore hit on my missus in the early nineties

I was out in Townsville after a warriors game (this was mid nineties when John kirwan played for them) at bullwinkles

The lads were shitfaced

stacey jones was dancing/pashing on with this fuller figured lady of Italian descent

thorson1987

Coach
that made me remember back in 83 the under 10's team i played in won the premiership and we had the trophy presented to us by Don McKinnon

Playing in the Wests junior league we had the likes of Ken McGuinness hand out awards at grand finals.

Iafeta

Referee
Just under 3 years ago, was at San Francisco Caltrain station after buying my train ticket en route to watching the 49ers play the Rams at Levis Stadium. See a familiar face standing right next to me. The familiar face of Trent Robinson. Dare I say my mind was blown. I read later that Michael Cheika was meant to join him but was appointed Wallabies coach shortly before.

Great town, cool to see a footy coach in California!

Iafeta

Referee
Saw Lance Hohaia and Evarn Tuimavave at Church Street Mall. They were shocked anyone recognised them. It was 2004 and as is custom now we were having a horror year.

Saw RTS at Sydney Airport about 5-6 weeks ago. He was on our flight to Auckland, but he was on his own. The wife pointed him out and I wasn't 100% sure but as is the way these days stalked him for a selfie as we checked in.

Krisnan Inu sat next to us on a flight to Wellington.

Not rugby league this one but met Sri Lankan cricket legend Kumar Sangakkara in Time Square of all places savour 3-4 years ago. They were playing a 20/20 game at Shea Stadium and he was in the lobby of my hotel. There was a mob scene at the lifts the night before which I was told later on was Sachin Tendulkar. I had no idea there was even a game on.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
About ten years ago I saw Lote Tuiquiri walking along Oxford St, Paddington carrying bags like he'd been clothes shopping.
In the late '90s saw Ian Roberts in a Surry Hills cafe, he was on his phone to a friend arranging to meet but he didn't know the name of the cafe he was in.

Zerô

Juniors
Shared an elevator with Terry Hill at the Crowne plaza Coogee.

Might have been an Origin camp.

The Beaver

Juniors
Saw Freddie Fittler in a footy card shop in the 90's in Penrith, he was signing Freddie Fittler footy cards for a dollar.

Brian Smith having lunch at a Cafe in Newcastle, he looked pretty relaxed in the casual setting.

Robbie O'Davis having dinner with his daughter (please don't tell me he doesn't have a daughter) in Charlestown.

Robbie Farah lining up to order some food at the Hunters Hill Hotel. Big nose.

Laurie Daley at a fete sort of thing in Hunters Hill. Massive nose.