What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most impressive rookie after three rounds?

Most impressive rookie after three rounds?

• Israel Folau (Mel)

Votes: 60 42.3%
  • Matt Ballin (Man)

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • James McManus (New)

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Josh Morris (Stg)

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Peter Wallace (Pen)

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other

Votes: 22 15.5%

• Total voters

Stonecutter

First Grade
Immortal said:
If I was in Falou's position I'd get rookie of the year.

I don't mean to take anything away from his talent... but he hradly deserves all the glory for it when it's coming off others work.

Ballin thus far IMO.

Anyone know the Dally M point for rookies so far ?

Exactly what I was thinking aswell. I voted for Morris. :)

LESStar58

Referee
Richie Williams is going great guns! he seems to be doing a good job of conntrolling things in the ansence of barrett and Hornby.

As a storm fan its a bit hard to go past Folau but! That try where he stole the ball of Vatuvei was awesome!

miccle

Bench
Ballin by a long, long way.

Folau is going very very well indeed and is a great player, but I'd love to see how he goes in a struggling backline.

Ballin is creating things himself and really proving his worth. It's no surprise though - this guy was ready for first grade 3 or 4 years ago when he was running around in the Clydesdales up here. I was always disappointed for him that he never got a chance up here, but I'm glad he's finally getting it somewhere. Nice bloke to boot.

t-ba

Post Whore
Manly fans have been pulling out their hair over Ballin for some time due to Dunley still getting games!. It's going to be a real bastard of a situation once Orford comes back.

miccle

Bench
And just think mate, I was pulling my hair out over the very same thing around 4 years ago. Frustrating as all hell, but what a player!

t-ba

Post Whore
miccle said:
And just think mate, I was pulling my hair out over the very same thing around 4 years ago. Frustrating as all hell, but what a player!

He's playing for a contract this year, so He'll be a full time first grader somewhere next year. About time really.

RainMan

Juniors
t-ba said:
He's playing for a contract this year, so He'll be a full time first grader somewhere next year. About time really.

Ballin re-signed last year for a further 2 years IIRC. Use the money from Dunley's contract and top up Ballin's. Then when Monaghan comes off contract, use that money to top Ballin up again! ;-)

edabomb

First Grade
I dunno if Dobbo is eligible since he played a season of professional league in the ESL.

effnic

Bench
Good to see Ballin get a mention, but i hope he doesnt win it seems to be a curse these days.

Josh Morris (Stg)

is he a rookie??? hes a heck of a player hes big quick and hard to stop a good full back i think a force to be reckoned with

what about todd carnie hes played some awesome game maybe games lolz just watch the canberra match against newcastle and joey johns u ll understand

mongoose

Coach
Cruz- BrisBroncos said:
Josh Morris (Stg)

is he a rookie??? hes a heck of a player hes big quick and hard to stop a good full back i think a force to be reckoned with

what about todd carnie hes played some awesome game maybe games lolz just watch the canberra match against newcastle and joey johns u ll understand

carney has played 30 odd games already mate.

Dobson looks the goods though.

Latest posts