What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most impressive rookie after three rounds?

Most impressive rookie after three rounds?

• Israel Folau (Mel)

Votes: 60 42.3%
  • Matt Ballin (Man)

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • James McManus (New)

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Josh Morris (Stg)

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Peter Wallace (Pen)

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other

Votes: 22 15.5%

• Total voters

Hallatia

Referee
I think Falou is definately the front runner at this point in time, but I think it is bound to change

CharlieF

Juniors
I hope we don't get another winger as rookie of the year.

I know that Folau is a good player, but if the ball does get to the winger, chances are that you are already running with an overlap and your work has already been cut for you. Its not hard to look good in that situation

I would consider somebody closer to the action who performs week in and week out as a better prospect.
Using Inglis as an example, he was fanatastic last year and and the year before, but as soon as he lost the room to move (at 5/8th), he has not been as effective.

Pistol

Coach
Ziggy the God said:
Folau, but Wallace is certainly right up there.

he'll do well this year Wallace, Elliott is keen for him to be a long term fixture for the Panthers

Hallatia

Referee
I would like to see Mateo as rookie of the year, it would mean 3 Parra roookies of the year in a row

mxlegend99

Referee
Pistol said:
he'll do well this year Wallace, Elliott is keen for him to be a long term fixture for the Panthers
I was hoping we'd use Firman at 5/8, but Wallace has won me over. He missed nearly the whole of last season in Premier League and i just didn't see anyway possible he could move straight into First Grade that quickly and comfortably after so much time out.

Fortunately i was wrong. He has been a rock solid performer, and as much as i loved Preston, Wallace isn't a liability in defence.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Balin for mine, just ahead Folau and Jennings. Looks like a good crop of youngsters this year.

Sugar

Bench
I went with Ballin he has impressed in the ruck mixing it with the big boys and a big workload to boot.

gregstar

Referee
Hutty1986 said:
That kid'll never amount to anything
oh i dunno.

he's fitting in just nicely.

like a glove in fact.

injured after 1 game.

love ya work woollywoofter!

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Locky_Jr said:
I would like to see Mateo as rookie of the year, it would mean 3 Parra roookies of the year in a row
You'd hope Mateo doesn't have follow-up years like Smith and Hayne.

Hutty1986

Immortal
gregstar said:
oh i dunno.

he's fitting in just nicely.

like a glove in fact.

injured after 1 game.

love ya work woollywoofter!

The expression "soft as a parson's pr*ck" comes to mind

Latest posts