What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Improved Player of The Year

sooperdooper

First Grade
Alot of players have improved... to me i always throught cronk was a good lil player but he has 'stepped up' and done it in style

for the eels our improved players are:
Nathan Cayless (from early season form0
Luke Odwyer
Daniel Wagon

QLD Fever

Juniors
Hodges for broncos
Rovilli for Warriors
Mogg for Raiders
Jarrad hayne for eels
Reni maitua for bulldogs
Cooper Cronk for storm
Travis burns for Eagles
luke douglas for sharks
nathan merrit for rabbits
Brian Carney for knights (he was good but now is better)
Shannon Mcdonnell for tigers
Matt scott for cowboys
gordon for panthers
young for Dragons

Overall: Mogg , went from Zero at canberra to origin superstar in one year

Stonecutter

First Grade
mulvihill said:
Greg Bird. Has cut the crap right out and been very good

Future captain in the making. :) I also think Ryan Hoffman from Melbourne has been extremely good this year after strugging to make the team at the start.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Lance Thompson from the Sharks had a massive hit of form in the year. Cooper Cronk is the obvious choice imo. Inglis has also improved alot.

From us Warriors i think Tuimavavue, Mannering, Lauaki and even Jro has improved immensly (though not hard in Ropatis case).

D

Deleted member 10972

At Roosters, whilst players like Wing, Anasta, Harrison & Finch went nowhere, David Shillington has been brilliant, as has Anthony Tupou, Nigel Plum, Shane Shackleton, Shaun Foley, Sam Perrett, Josh Lewis, John Doyle.

Disco

Bench
I'm excluding youngsters who have simply stepped up like Carney, Burns & Hayne

i'm gonna go more for players who i thought were alright but have this year been stars

for mine i'd say

Grant Rovelli - Thought of him as a great pl player who would never stepp up, has really proved me wrong

Danial Holdsworth - See Above

Cooper Cronk - thought of him as a stop gap solution till the storm splurged on a big name half for 07, but he has proved that his the man to lead the storm

Steve Mattai - Thought of him as a one year wonder with no consistency, been in good form, getting better all the time

Disco

Bench
Add Greg Bird too, i thought he was ridiculously over-rated but his really played well this year

Latest posts