What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most improved

bartman

Immortal
Good thing about Fui is that he hasn't been a liability this season with judiciary appearances and suspensions. Looks like he learned his lessons in the off-season, and is reaching his potential really for the first time.

parra pete

Referee
Most improved in the sense of the word that his form for the most part of this season has been ordinary.
Fuifui has developed from a 'one hit wonder' to an impressive hard working prop an integral part of the starting lineup. Adding Oooomph.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed he also started to offload bit yesterday, which make him less preidictable

Utey

Coach
How good was his hit on Gibbs I think it was? He is just getting better and better.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh it was Gibbs, and it was a great hit

Gibbs went off about 10 mins later

yy_cheng

Coach
Widders is my favourite eel but notice that his form has coincided with the introduction of an outside runner in O'Dwyer.

He doesn't just Dummy, step, dummy any more, he kicks, sucks players in and then throws passes to a straight running O'Dwyer.

Basically, he has more options now and you can really see is confidence come back.

I was saying that when O'Dwyer first played alongside Widders this year, OD was running the wrong lines and Widders was getting trapped with the ball. I saw Widders explaining to OD which lines to run.

Now they are making a number of breaks as their communication is on song. And when O'Dwyer scored, Widders was REAL HAPPY.

As for the FUIfui, he's more than an "impressive hard working prop". He is our leader in hitups. Hindy is the leader in attack. We lose alot of go forward when Moimoi is off the park.

If it wasn't for the 2nd phase play, we would've been trapped in our own half alot more.

One player that also deserves a big honourable mention is WAGON. Did he throw the ball for the Morris break?

Good on them!!!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I reckon Cordoba can be better then Fui, he's big, strong.....i just like the look of him, takes a few to put him down.

yy_cheng

Coach
Cordoba reminds me of Tsolous.

He'd be better if he gets the ball on the advantage line, so he has to improve the timing of his run.

I'm sure he learn't alot after popping that ball out the back in our own half.

yy_cheng

Coach
Yeah I agree.

JT is just unlucky with injuries. He gets fit, gets injured, comes back with a lack of fitness and it just cycles around.

I really hope Azza steps up too next year considering we have resigned him.

We still lack GO FORWARD, especially when Fui is off. Look at where we were kicking from and Jeremy doesn;t have a big boot.

This pack has become a great defensive pack. However, it lacks go forwards.

We have an extremely dynamic backline all capable of running real far :- Hayne, Grothe, TIT, OD, Mckinnon.

This pack has to use more 2nd phase play. Calculated 2nd phase play that is.
And get those fast guys some room.

We are not gonna win the title with the lack of go forward in this pack so we have to make use of our other strengths. We saw some of that against the tiges, now we have to do that consistently.

Utey

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
I reckon Cordoba can be better then Fui, he's big, strong.....i just like the look of him, takes a few to put him down.

no,

tbh I had another look at the game off fox and I bagged Josh but that was his best game for a long time. He isnt getting the game time with Fui spending more time on the field but he is really going well atm.

GO JOSH!

yy_cheng

Coach
If you ask me, JT doesn't have the full confidence in him yet at 1st grade level.

He played more time when the game was very much in our hands.

Same with Henry

yy_cheng

Coach
I would've given Zeb a crack instead of Henry.

We need someone who will go full belt at them for a short period of time whilst Moimoi rests. Basically, what Moimoi used to do when his fitness was poor.

Zeb showed he can put it up against that big panthers pack.

However, he has to be told that he is to play a specific role. No fancy stuff. Just get in there and run hard.

Perenara for mine is too much like Wagon, Chad or Morro.

We need more GO FORWARD.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I disagree, Cordoba has potential, but maybe lacks confidence at the moment.

Tai is ok, but im sceptical as to whether he'll step up in firsts.

mighty eel

Juniors
wat about ben smith he is crap give INU ago when i saw how ben smith played i didnt want to watch the game anymore he took an intercept he had no one in front of him he had a good head start and only ran 25 metres that was shocking he plays like a forward

Phillips

Referee
Perenara played well in his 'limited' time

he is a good passer of the ball for a backrower and gets some offloads away

im hoping we resign him, (i think he will end up at Souths?)

Utey

Coach
mighty eel said:
wat about ben smith he is crap give INU ago when i saw how ben smith played i didnt want to watch the game anymore he took an intercept he had no one in front of him he had a good head start and only ran 25 metres that was shocking he plays like a forward

Sorry mate, but Benny has plenty, remember last year? He will be good for us come finals time (if we are there).

Inu was terrible on Sunday? Why would you call him in?

Latest posts