What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Memorable Tries

Pistol

Coach
Off the top of my head, the one Renouf scored in the 92 Grand Final, the Mark Coyne try in the first Origin in 94, Billy Slater's try in Origin 2 last year or John Ferguson's try in the 89 decider.

skeepe

Immortal
Brett Mullins vs Brisbane I think it was in 1995 - the double chip and chase, the second one off the ground. Magic.

"Kick and chase by Mullins... kick and chase again by Mullins! This will be a miracle! Oh it is! It is a miracle! You won't see that again this year, and maybe never!"

Mr Saab

Referee
slight exaggeration their LF.

He scored 4 tries vs the knights (29.7.04)..in 3 games he scored 11 tries. the week b4 he scored 4 vs the rabbits

* Tallis busting tackles 2000 semi vs the eels
* Mullins chip and chase vs the broncos 1995
* Haumono 1997 for the dogs vs the sharks
* TC scoring for QLD vs the NSW game 1 1998
* Sailor running 90m off a bomb vs the dragons at WIN 2001
* Grothe vs the dogs 1983 semi
* Locker vs Poms 2004 tri series final
* Meninga intercept and pass to ET in 1994 roo tour game 2
* Lyons try vs Poms 1990 Roo tour game 2...best Oz try ever

I loved the second try by Luke Rooney in the 2003 Grand Final just because of everything it meant.

First, the great dummy by Priddis when everyone though the Panthers would go for a field goal.

Second, catching Chris Walker out of position in a move that showed a player in a big game remembering pre match tactics in a key moment of the game.

Last but not least....that fact that when Penrith scored that try...you pretty much knew they were going to win it.

Charlie Saab said:
slight exaggeration their LF.

He scored 4 tries vs the knights (29.7.04)..in 3 games he scored 11 tries. the week b4 he scored 4 vs the rabbits

I was sure it was 74 trys......

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Too many to chose, heres some:

*Meninga's try against the Poms in 1990, set up by a Stuart dummy and run.
*Brett Mullins kick and chase against Brisbane in 95
*O'Davis' first try in the 97 GF.
*Shaun Timmins' chip kick against Qld in 2000 SOO.
*1989 Penrith Vs Canterbury, cant remember who actually scored it but it went through sets of hands and Mark Geyer through an overhead pass to someone who scored
*Darren Junne's try against Brisbane in 96, Rabs call was memorable too "Walker down the right of the ground, Junne, Junne, JUNNEEE!!!. That is sensational, that is rugby league at its very best.
*Penrith's GF try in 03, as LF mentioned before. Great play from Priddis
*Buettner's try for Parra in 01 against the Roosters, off a Lyon flick pass.
*Schifcoske's try for Parra in 00 against the Bulldogs at Parramatta, he grubbered it through and it rebounded off the posts and he scored. It was a great feeling too beating the Dogs.
*Cooper Cronk's try against Penrith last year.

Mr Saab

Referee
Mayor_Quimby said:
Terry Hill's try v Broncos @ Brookie in 1998 to lock it up at 26-26

that was 1999. Brisb led 26-8 and then the eagles scored 3 tries all converted by Brendon Reeves. The last being from the sideline from Hills try.
That ended the Broncos win streak of 11.

How about Billy Slaters try in last years Origin series.

When Lockyer took the line on and I saw Slater there next to him....I stareted going "Oh ****.....oh ****".

You knew it was coming and there was nothing you could do to stop it.

A great try.

Big Mick

Referee
I was only 6 but i'll always remember Roycey's last try in the 91's grand final.

Raiders went for the short drop out and they are all steaming to get the ball, when out of nowhere Geyer comes through and roaring onto it, catches it, goes straight through like a knife through butter, Canberra didn't know what was doing, and the pass to Royce, who swivelled over to score. Alexander converts...Game..Set..Match Penrith. Being Roycey's last game, was a great moment.

Big Mick

Referee
I'll always remember Luke Priddis's try against New Zealand this season. Dead set great play.

I don't want to remember Cooper Cronk's try against Penrith last season. lmao all I remember is screaming at the TV going "STOP THE FREAKIN BASTARD!" "WRAP UP THE BLOODY BALL!" ahh was good to watch. lmao.

Big Mick

Referee
That last minute try for Qld as well, was it 94' series?

Went the length of the field in 30-50 seconds and Mark Coyne scored to win the match. That was awsome.

RABK

Referee
Darren Alberts miracle....

"Albert, he will play it, blindside Andrew Johns, inside to Albert, Albert will score, ALBERT WILL SCORE, NEWCASTLE HAVE WON THE GRAND FINAL!!!!!!"Rabs
Followed by Sterlo "OH YEAH!!!!!"

gf-13.jpg

The Colonel

Immortal
While it didn't have a bearing on the outcome Brett Kenny's try in 1981 GF - the huge dummy to beat "Watsapacketa" before scooting down the tryline and diving over in the corner.

Eric Grothe's try v Canterbury beating four players and carrying a fifth over in the space of 20 metres was all power......

choc_soldier

Coach
Wesser's against the Dogs in 2003. Saw the slightest gap, and just pumped on the accleration. Pure class, pure excitement.

Latest posts