What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most over-rated player in the NRL??

ShineDog

Juniors
Players like Anasta and Finch come to mind , when the public is asked to recognise our most over-rated players.

In my opinion Braith Anasta has been given a harsh rap.
Braith is a solid performer who has a talented kicking game and is very strong in defence. On the other hand , Finch should be playing Premier league (IMO). Finch needs to take a leaf out of Lockyer's book and start letting his ability do the talking.

My top 3 most over-rated players :(IMO)

1.Finch (Most over-rated in the NRL)
2.Kimmorley
3.Tim Smith :sarcasm:

Anasta is known to be over-rated, no one rates him anymore, so anasta is ineligible, and finch is pretty much the same

Tim Smith i will agree with, also Nate Myles, dont agree with kimmorley however, he is in a form slump

Raider_69

Post Whore
Andrew Johns

Alan Tongue also, he is talked up as if he is a god, but realistically he's just the best footballer in the world

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Johns is overrated. Some say he's the universe.

He's just a god.

Leagueguy

Juniors
I would say Mason. What has he done since game 1 origin this year other than mouth off? He just lumbers about on the field and gets knocked down. He's not in the class of Tallis or Kennedy.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Matt Bowen. Honestly one chip and chase and he is suddenly the best fullback in the world!

Y2Eel

First Grade
ShineDog said:
Players like Anasta and Finch come to mind , when the public is asked to recognise our most over-rated players.

In my opinion Braith Anasta has been given a harsh rap.
Braith is a solid performer who has a talented kicking game and is very strong in defence. On the other hand , Finch should be playing Premier league (IMO). Finch needs to take a leaf out of Lockyer's book and start letting his ability do the talking.

My top 3 most over-rated players :(IMO)

1.Finch (Most over-rated in the NRL)
2.Kimmorley
3.Tim Smith :sarcasm:

When has Finch been rated?

Same as kimmorley he was rated once but doesnt get the same accolades..
TIm Smith was rated in his first season and didnt hit his strides in the 2nd so you could classify him.. but the biggest over-rated hack out there is Big WIllie.. Runs at the smallest players on the fiels and punches players with their arms down... he's a cat and over rated...:p

ShineDog

Juniors
Leagueguy said:
I would say Mason. What has he done since game 1 origin this year other than mouth off? He just lumbers about on the field and gets knocked down. He's not in the class of Tallis or Kennedy.

Willie Mason deserves all the raps he gets......Willie is one of , if not the best forward in the world.
Willie for Australian Captain.:)

MSIH

Bench
timma said:
jamie lyon

Wrong thread, this is asking for the most overrated player in the NRL.

It used to be Fitzgibbon, but now everyone realises he is rubbish. Lance Thompson springs to mind. Has a cult following from some Manly fans, but he truly is average. Reading some Parra posts, Ben Smith is right up in the mix. Kurt Gidley is another who is very average but somehow gets some raps.

But for me, Shane Tronc gets the gong. Constantly talked up as a possibility for Origin, but he seriously is Grant Wooden in disguise.

ShineDog

Juniors
Y2Eel said:
When has Finch been rated?

Same as kimmorley he was rated once but doesnt get the same accolades..
TIm Smith was rated in his first season and didnt hit his strides in the 2nd so you could classify him.. but the biggest over-rated hack out there is Big WIllie.. Runs at the smallest players on the fiels and punches players with their arms down... he's a cat and over rated...:p

All players in the NRL are rated my personal opinion .
You could be the 10th worst player in the NRL ....and still be over-rated.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i vote alan tongue
the bloke might be the greatest player of all time, but f**k, he's no our saviour, the lord - Jesus Christ... or is he?

Buderus - hack who can only create on the back of a quick play the ball and nothing without A Johns
Gasnier - liability in defence
Fitzgibbon - flop merchant
Tupou - only there cos stuart is coach
Ben Hornby - mong
R Stuart - sh*t coach who has always had good cattle to work with

And the most surprising part of all this. I said this to a current oz player on Tues night in Melb (i was down for the melb cup) and he agreed on every point. Do the maths on who it could be. Yeah he'd had more than a few Bundies and it was near closing time but to quote he sai i was spot on with all assessments and reckoned i knew my footy.

Also couldn't believe they lost the gf to a side with that spastic perry at half back.

Latest posts