What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most overated players

Big Panther Cool said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Penrith are one season wonders, 2004 will prove that. You have every right to enjoy your club's fluke win but as I said make the most of it because it will be short lived, nothing is surer. ;-)

Umm, nice attempt at a comeback but you still haven't answer my question. Allow me to retort.......

"If your "5 test players" and "4 World 13 Players" are so good - then why couldn't they beat a team with just "1 replacement test player" in the Grand Final???"

Oh and, take your time.............

We lost because we played sh1thouse, Our worst performance of the year, without a doubt. I can't put it any more succinctly!
I am annoyed that we lost a grand final but losing to a crap club like Penrith makes it even worse. If it had been Brisbane, it would've been more acceptable. I don't rate Penrith and 2004 will see them slide back to their rightful mediocre position. Time will prove me right.

Rooster Cogburn. said:
We lost because we played sh1thouse, Our worst performance of the year, without a doubt. I can't put it any more succinctly!
I am annoyed that we lost a grand final but losing to a crap club like Penrith makes it even worse. If it had been Brisbane, it would've been more acceptable. I don't rate Penrith and 2004 will see them slide back to their rightful mediocre position. Time will prove me right.

Yeah that "crap" club certainly made crap out of your team in the Grand Final didn't they??

And it's eating you up inside isn't it Cogburn :lol: :lol: Knowing that "over-rated" players such as Clinton, Gower and Lewis played their hand in the ROOSTERS DEMISE in the Grand Final makes the win even more sweeter!! :lol: :lol: Need some tissues Cogburn, or would like a big slice of humble pie?? :lol: :lol:

Time will prove you wrong once again Cogburn. You, along with Gould never rated Penrith all year.........WRONG MOVE MORONS!!

Big Panther Cool said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:

Yeah that "crap" club certainly made crap out of your team in the Grand Final didn't they??

And it's eating you up inside isn't it Cogburn :lol: :lol: Knowing that "over-rated" players such as Clinton, Gower and Lewis played their hand in the ROOSTERS DEMISE in the Grand Final makes the win even more sweeter!! :lol: :lol: Need some tissues Cogburn, or would like a big slice of humble pie?? :lol: :lol:

Time will prove you wrong once again Cogburn. You, along with Gould never rated Penrith all year.........WRONG MOVE MORONS!!

The best part is that Penrith's fluke win is now history. I'm looking forward to 2004. No humble pie or tissues needed. I know that Easts will figure in the premiership decider next season. As far as Penrith is concerned, who cares. :D

Rooster Cogburn. said:
The best part is that Penrith's fluke win is now history. I'm looking forward to 2004. No humble pie or tissues needed. I know that Easts will figure in the premiership decider next season. As far as Penrith is concerned, who cares. :D

Just like the roosters "clayton's premiership" in 2002 is now history. At least Penrith's win will still be talked about for many months to come. It will keep eating you up inside :lol: :lol:

You also "knew" that Penrith wouldn't rate in 2003. You're hardly installing any confidence with your predictions!! :lol:

You'll care when the Panthers turn it up once again in 2004. There's no reason why they can't figure in the Premiership decider. You have to wonder if the rooster will though - and what's going to happen once Freddy moves on. Mediocricy will be associated with the roosters once again, just as it was before Freddy joined the club. Will the roosters show up in 2004? Yeah WHO CARES??

Big Panther Cool said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:

Just like the roosters "clayton's premiership" in 2002 is now history. At least Penrith's win will still be talked about for many months to come. It will keep eating you up inside :lol: :lol:

You also "knew" that Penrith wouldn't rate in 2003. You're hardly installing any confidence with your predictions!! :lol:

You'll care when the Panthers turn it up once again in 2004. There's no reason why they can't figure in the Premiership decider. You have to wonder if the rooster will though - and what's going to happen once Freddy moves on. Mediocricy will be associated with the roosters once again, just as it was before Freddy joined the club. Will the roosters show up in 2004? Yeah WHO CARES??

Save it for June/July. Then we'll see who will need the tissues! :lol:

Rusty

Juniors
I think that injuries/workload of key players in all teams contributed to the end result of the competition this year. :?

PB

Bench
Hey Guys lay off the Roosters supporters alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, if your team cheated and you still couldnt win the comp, you'd have the sh#ts to!

:D :D

aqua_duck

Coach
roosters cogburn<------------------------ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You could make some good red wine with those sour grapes.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Big Panther Cool said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Penrith are one season wonders, 2004 will prove that. You have every right to enjoy your club's fluke win but as I said make the most of it because it will be short lived, nothing is surer. ;-)

Umm, nice attempt at a comeback but you still haven't answer my question. Allow me to retort.......

"If your "5 test players" and "4 World 13 Players" are so good - then why couldn't they beat a team with just "1 replacement test player" in the Grand Final???"

Oh and, take your time.............

You lost because you played sh*thouse??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Sydney City Roosters, one of the most professional Rugby League Outfits in the world and the supposed benchmark of the N.R.L. lost the most important game on the N.R.L callendar because they played "sh*thouse"??? :lol:

Any more excuses Co*kburn? I need a good laugh!

In my opinion you have no excuse whatsoever!
You had Minichello, Hegarty, Fittler, Cayless, Wing, Finch, Walker, Cross, Morely, Fitzgibbon, Ricketson, Crocker etc... out of a team of 17 (13 Starters and 4 interchange) that's 12 stars... all of which except Fitzgibbon were at Penrith Stadium during round 20 giving us a lesson in how to play Rugby League... A lesson we learned all too well, I'd say judging by our performance in the Grand Final. :D

Dissapointment losing to a crap club like Penrith?

We are the Minor Premiers and the Premiers for one reason:

WE WERE THE BEST TEAM ALL SEASON!!!

And as I recall, we beat you twice. The last time we met, fair and square by two converted - (almost three converted tries if Fatz had passed the ball to Hughy in the 78th minute) - in the game that matters most, the N.R.L. grand final. On the most important night on the N.R.L. callendar, we outclassed the benchmark team of the N.R.L by 3 tries to 1!

And don't give me any of that sore-loser bullsh*t about how if it wasn't raining you would have thrashed us, thats tired and old! If the Roosters are the benchmark they should learn how to play all weather football. :-({|=

I think you need counselling Co*kburn, as you're finding it incredibly hard comming to terms with the Roosters G.F. Loss, and where I can't help, maybe a professional Psychiatrist is in order :-k However you are entitled to your deluded fantasies... so while we're about it, here's more to tide your miserable a*se over till next season:

1. The whole Grand Final was rigged by the N.R.L. - they paid your boys 1 million each to deliberately throw the game so Penrith would win, and Rugby League would take on more popularity out west.

2. It wasn't really the Roosters playing out there that night, Aliens from a distant planet wanted Penrith to win, so they cloned all 17 players just for the night with inferior player abilities.

3. The Tooth Fairy wanted Penrith to win, so she put a sprinkle of extra drowsy pixie dust into the Roosters gatorade supply, just enough to make them tired enough to perform below their best level. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you need any more ideas, I'm just an e-mail away. In the mean time please avoid sugar, caffine and don't try to excite yourself.

Pantherjim.

ozzie

Bench
Big Panther Cool said:
Renowned League Expert said:
The grand final winning team historically gets a few token players in the Kangaroo squad, if it's a Kangaroo year. If Easts had won the grand final, it's safe to assume that Clinton would not have been picked.

The fact that he wasn't seriously considered for a test position is testimony to this theory.

And yes, Penrith was very lucky that Easts had an off day in the grand final. I don't know of any serious commentator who disputes this.

How many of your front row forwards made the tour?

Still waiting.................

considering That Cayless is a Kiwi we had none - shame about that isn't it - maybe we should pick Kiwis in an Australian tour - how many of your back row made it? - oh that's right they were Kiwi's too or too old..

ozzie said:
considering That Cayless is a Kiwi we had none - shame about that isn't it - maybe we should pick Kiwis in an Australian tour - how many of your back row made it? - oh that's right they were Kiwi's too or too old..

I wasn't referring to the Kiwi's. If I was, I could go on an on about Tony Puletua, Joe Galuvao and Paul Whatuira being selected in the NZ squad - but I wont. Their achievements over the season, culminating in the Grand Final Win, speaks volumes.

My point was directed at the deluded self-professing "Renowned League Expert" and the fountain of mis-information "Rooster Cogburn" saying that Joel Clinton was over-rated. I ask why they think that way, and have yet to provide an intelligent answer.

I made points to defend Clinton - particularly since he was good enough to make the Kangaroo Tour, as well as play in City Origin AND....hold aloft the Telstra Premiership Trophy. That's some damn good achievements in one season!! I think he proved himself don't you think??

ozzie

Bench
your arguement - which i was trying to prove - was invalid - you had a go at our front rowers and only one them at an international level was a Kiwi - of course he isn't eligible to play for Australia - same as half your pack - made up of all Kiwi's -

i thought that i would be nice to you and point out that your post was a crazy one....maybe you ought to go back and revisit your reply and rephrase it..

By the way - i think he did ok...just like your team..

ozzie said:
your arguement - which i was trying to prove - was invalid - you had a go at our front rowers and only one them at an international level was a Kiwi - of course he isn't eligible to play for Australia - same as half your pack - made up of all Kiwi's -

i thought that i would be nice to you and point out that your post was a crazy one....maybe you ought to go back and revisit your reply and rephrase it..

By the way - i think he did ok...just like your team..

OK I'll rephrase that question then. How many of your AUSTRALIAN front row forwards made the Kangaroo Tour?

My main aim was to defend Joel Clinton.

Fair enough??

And thanks. Your team did OK as well. You guys made two Grand Finals in a row. Great effort

King Tigerman

Juniors
PINGU said:
Marshall - Paulquinn49 got this one right. Wests Tigers fans already have him down as an Immortal. :shock:

how can a kid whos played 4 1st grade matches & as just finished year 12 be overrated

the most rated player in the game is kimmorley if canasta was a few years older hed be right up there as well

JJ

Immortal
ozzie said:

hmmm let's see 2 divided by 10 (incl interchanges)???? You get a half on that do you ozzie?? Hang on, let's exclude interchanges. 2 divided 6 by ??? Still not half mate.

This is a silly discussion, I don't really know what more Penrith could have done to prove they were the best team in 2003 - minor premiership, beat Warriors and Roosters in playoffs, beat you lot 2/3... G

Note for Roosters supporters - get over it, you're quite happy to accept that in 2002 you were the best team (I agree you were) when you finished further down the ladder, and the cheating Bulldogs were disqualified.

Sorry, but Roosters supporters in this forum are very sore loosers - well, the most visible and worst is Cogburn who this is really directed at.

AdamH

Juniors
Goleel said:
There is a great element of luck in not getting injured, sure, guys who aren't in top shape will get injured, but are Craig Fitzgibbon, Justin Hodges, Nathan Hindmarsh, Brent Tate, Trent Barrett and Jason Ryles to name a few guys who aren't in top shape? No, they were unlucky. They copped a bad tackle or bad hit and got injured because of it. Penrith were very lucky to be able to field essentially the same side all year. What's more, the injured players weren't missed because they had cover for them, Ross went off as Lang came back, filling the gap, while guys like Rodney and Swain filled their places. Girdler wasn't missed in attack at all cause Howland could play wing, and Campbell could kick. That is lucky. The Roosters never found someone to fill Hodges place, and with him, and more importantly, without Walker, the grand final could have been a different story.

Mate that is not luck. That is called depth in our playing roster.

Latest posts