What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most overated players

paulquinn49

Bench
JJ said:
Colonel Eel said:
paulquinn49 said:
Webcke was the best prop by far this year.

Judging on previous years performances he wasn't up to his usual level. He did however return to his best against the Kiwis. Steve Price would have been the best prop this year based on his consistency.

Steve Price is probably the most consistent player in the NRL (can't figure his tour omission - Kearns, Villasanti, and particularly Mason rated higher???)

But I still think Bailey was the years best prop. You're dead right about Webcke though, by his standards he wasn't outstanding, by everyone else's he still was.

Price not making the tour was a joke, civonaceva (yeah i know) was ahead of him in SOO and the tour? I thought he was pretty poor. Kearns is still a good player i think very good actually. Villansanti was a poor choice, he should be playing for NZ. Mason well everyone has said it even dogs fans.

And i dodnt mention the canberra props cause i support canberra so i would just give a bias opinion. but O'Hara did pull out of the tour with injury, but i dont think he had a chance anyway.

JJ

Immortal
paulquinn49 said:
JJ said:
Colonel Eel said:
paulquinn49 said:
Webcke was the best prop by far this year.

Judging on previous years performances he wasn't up to his usual level. He did however return to his best against the Kiwis. Steve Price would have been the best prop this year based on his consistency.

Steve Price is probably the most consistent player in the NRL (can't figure his tour omission - Kearns, Villasanti, and particularly Mason rated higher???)

But I still think Bailey was the years best prop. You're dead right about Webcke though, by his standards he wasn't outstanding, by everyone else's he still was.

Price not making the tour was a joke, civonaceva (yeah i know) was ahead of him in SOO and the tour? I thought he was pretty poor. Kearns is still a good player i think very good actually. Villansanti was a poor choice, he should be playing for NZ. Mason well everyone has said it even dogs fans.

And i dodnt mention the canberra props cause i support canberra so i would just give a bias opinion. but O'Hara did pull out of the tour with injury, but i dont think he had a chance anyway.

I don't think it would be a bias with the props. I agree Kearns is good, but think there might be others better. If your taking 5 or 6 these would be my choices (I'm considering Waterhouse a 2nd rower, and I don't care how MAson's considered, he shouldn't be close to the touring party)

Everyone fit:
Webcke
Bailey
Ryles
Civonoceva
Price
Clinton (just ahead of O'Hara)

Current tour
Webcke
Civo
Price
Clinton
Davico
O'Meley

paulquinn49

Bench
Ok my top 5 for the tour. Everyone fit/Coach isnt a toss pot

1. Webcke
2. Kearns
3. Price
4. Bailey
5. Ryles

JJ

Immortal
paulquinn49 said:
Ok my top 5 for the tour. Everyone fit/Coach isnt a toss pot

1. Webcke
2. Kearns
3. Price
4. Bailey
5. Ryles

split the difference, and have O'Hara ahead of Kearns - experience for the young guy

The Colonel

Immortal
If Ryles and Bailey are fit + Webcke I'd be taking O'Hara and Clinton so they can learn from Webcke. Price and Kearns wouldn't be pushing Ryles and Bailey out.

JJ

Immortal
Colonel Eel said:
If Ryles and Bailey are fit + Webcke I'd be taking O'Hara and Clinton so they can learn from Webcke. Price and Kearns wouldn't be pushing Ryles and Bailey out.

I agree.

But, I do like Price in a side because he provides so many options. One of the Poms writing suggested that Fielden was the only prop who could play 80 mins - that's obviously wrong. But I don't think anyone does it more effectively than Price. He has a huge work-rate, making large numbers of hit ups, tackles etc. But also is one of the best players in the comp at putting pressure on kickers, and chasing kicks. in short, I think he adds a lot, and allows the selection of more impact players on the bench. To me, he's hugeloy undervalued by people outside the Bulldogs (and no, I am not by any stretch a Bulldogs supporter)

EdBurton

Juniors
JJ said:
Colonel Eel said:

I agree.

But, I do like Price in a side because he provides so many options. One of the Poms writing suggested that Fielden was the only prop who could play 80 mins - that's obviously wrong. But I don't think anyone does it more effectively than Price. He has a huge work-rate, making large numbers of hit ups, tackles etc. But also is one of the best players in the comp at putting pressure on kickers, and chasing kicks. in short, I think he adds a lot, and allows the selection of more impact players on the bench. To me, he's hugeloy undervalued by people outside the Bulldogs (and no, I am not by any stretch a Bulldogs supporter)

I agree 100%.
Nobody seems to think that much of him because he's not a flashy player, but I think he's GOLDEN! He'd be the frist person I picked in my side personally...

Red Bear

Referee
Most Over rated Players.
Kimmorly
Amos Roberts
Baily
Gidley
Tate
Berrigan
Slater

Fittler is not overrated, he is a great player.
Ricketson is a real workhorse and an awesome player. 40 tackles a game. Although Larson was a also a great exponet of this.
Fletcher is also an awesome player, and has been trying his guts out in a losing team.

Moffo

Referee
How can you call Slater overrated? The guy has done nothing but shine this year :shock:

Cheers,
Moffo

PINGU

Juniors
Woolford - very overated player who can never keep his trap shut. How he was ever made captain has me buggered. :eek:

Marshall - Paulquinn49 got this one right. Wests Tigers fans already have him down as an Immortal. :shock:

Kimmorley - He would be lucky to play 1st grade in another side, yet he is the Australian 1/2, Simply amazing. :roll:

Others would be Joel Monaghan, Michael Vella, Ben Galea

Booyah

Bench
PINGU said:
Woolford - very overated player who can never keep his trap shut. How he was ever made captain has me buggered. :eek:

Marshall - Paulquinn49 got this one right. Wests Tigers fans already have him down as an Immortal. :shock:

Kimmorley - He would be lucky to play 1st grade in another side, yet he is the Australian 1/2, Simply amazing. :roll:

Woolford. Yeah he's another. Wiki should be the Raiders Captain. He knows when to shut his mouth.

Whats up Pingu? You didn't mention your Favourite overrated players; Peachey and Stevens. :lol: :lol:

Dog-E

Juniors
DaleyIsGod said:
Ryles
Barrett
Lance Thompson
Fittler- YES I said it. He aint the greatest ever.
Ricketson
Finch
Hegarty
Anasta
Kearns
MASON (NUMERO UNO)
Chris Walker - Actually the entire Roosters backline apart from Mini
Toopi
Tate
Phil Bailey

And any player that gets selected for rep footy because they are Gus or Ando's pet's.

Eh!??!?...Who rated him in the FIRST place!??! :?
Give yoursef an uppercut whoever it was!!!
:lol: :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
Booyah said:
PINGU said:

Woolford. Yeah he's another. Wiki should be the Raiders Captain. He knows when to shut his mouth.

Whats up Pingu? You didn't mention your Favourite overrated players; Peachey and Stevens. :lol: :lol:

And he restrained himself to 2 tigers :shock:

Raider_69

Post Whore
back off woolford
he might whinge alot but he makes sure the ref knows whats going on
he shows great leadership quailities
Wiki is our club captain, but woolford is our on-feild captain...... there is a difference, he is a top player, probably in the top 4 hookers in the comp
(Priddis, Wing, Buderus and Woolford)

watch closer next time you see woolford bitch at the ref, he starts bitching when the team needs an extra 30 seconds to rest, and it gets the job done

he does know when to keep his mouth shut as seen by record, hasnt been sent off or sin-binned for back chatting to my knowledge. He pushes the ref as far as he will go but never crosses the line

top captain, few are in his class as far as im concerned

PINGU

Juniors
Booyah said:
PINGU said:

Boy I have never said that Stevens was overrated. I may have mentioned the word “cheap shot thug” and Stevens in the same sentence, but never overrated.

Peachy career is all but over; he will pay 3 or 4 first grade games this year then go down for a fall. Hardly overrated?

The Balmain lad, you guys have this habit each year of telling the world how great these players are going to be. Galea was one player who you all told us was going to play for NSW, Australia. The fans out west have pretty much dumped him in favor of the next so called international (Prince, Benji, Beckett,etc). I remember Manu was another player you all had raps on. Let me guess all you West’s Tigers fans think he is overrated now he has moved on to south’s?

I do expect the Tigers to be up the ladder a little more this year. Why do I expect it? Cause you have been poaching players from other clubs instead of going for the local juniors out Campbelltown way.

westie

Bench
PINGU said:
Booyah said:
PINGU said:

Boy I have never said that Stevens was overrated. I may have mentioned the word “cheap shot thug” and Stevens in the same sentence, but never overrated.

Peachy career is all but over; he will pay 3 or 4 first grade games this year then go down for a fall. Hardly overrated?

The Balmain lad, you guys have this habit each year of telling the world how great these players are going to be. Galea was one player who you all told us was going to play for NSW, Australia. The fans out west have pretty much dumped him in favor of the next so called international (Prince, Benji, Beckett,etc). I remember Manu was another player you all had raps on. Let me guess all you West’s Tigers fans think he is overrated now he has moved on to south’s?

I do expect the Tigers to be up the ladder a little more this year. Why do I expect it? Cause you have been poaching players from other clubs instead of going for the local juniors out Campbelltown way.

Galea is one of the most talented players in the comp. He hasnt showed any good form lately though. Only glimpses of what he can do. His dummy and step is awesome and he occasionally throws a cut out ball to put johns to shame.

Manu is an absolute tank and it takes 3 or 4 to bring him down. Unfortunatly he has a poor work ethic and got fat and lazy. I cant see the standards at souths improving him although if edgar curtis is still there you never know.

Admittedly we have been poaching but as you mentioned we are also bringing through our great crop of juniors to play along side the recruits.