What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Overrated Players to form a team

D

Deleted member 10972

Wtf? O'Meley? Cross? Young? Morley? Fitzgibbon? Gorrell? Carroll? Hindmarsh? Kite? Naiqama? Stagg? Priddis? Thurston? Wesser? O'Donnell? Hicks? Tahu? You gotta be joking. Carroll & Fitzgibbon are past their prime yes, but both still put in every week, Carroll still devastating in bursts, & Fitzgibbon player lots of minutes, averaging 100+ metres & 30+ tackles per week playing injured all year. Hindy is a beast, so is Kite. O'Meley is pound for pound the best front rower in the NRL. Not big, but hella strong. As for Hayne, he's just a media wankfest. Not a bad player, but media overhypes him. Cross never made reps past City yet still makes double figures in the tries column every year. Hicks & Priddis = underrated. MORLEY = LEGEND!

As for overrated:

1. Matt Bowen or Karmichael Hunt
2. Luke Lewis or Luke Rooney
3. Matt Gidley
4. Kurt Gidley
5. Hazem El Masri (great kicker, hopeless player, BITE ME)
6. Brett Finch
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Jason King
9. Mark Riddell
10. Jason Ryles
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Trent Waterhouse
13. Braith Anasta

14. Jarrod Mullen (will be sorely exposed when Johns retires, has potential but V Manly he did nothing till the FG & linebreak)
15. Glenn Morrison
16. Josh Perry
17. Joel Clinton

Honorable mention to Thims Mit, Aka Tim Smith. One year = NOTHING mate. Ben Walker had a good year or two in his career too, & so did Finchy.

Pantherjim.

Referee
hebdog85 said:
I watch plenty of league mate. In fact rarely miss a game.

Before or after shooting up?

hebdog85 said:
Priddis and Clinton are definately overrated! Especially Clinton.

You've been watching some sport, but it definately isn't Rugby League.

Ghoulies

Bench
Immortal said:
You've never watched a Dragons game before have you. Either that or your bitter that we ruined Webckes last game at Brisbane.

LOL, speaking of which, how good was Baileys try !
:lol: He aint a Broncos fan - an idiot, yes; but certainly not one of ours.

Pantherjim.

Referee
mxlegend99 said:
13. Trent Waterhouse (seriously... he's done sh*t all this year. Missed a quarter of the season and been quiet the rest)

It's because for the better part of two seasons John Lang has insisted that he plays at Lock where he's totally wasted.

He's not a Lock!

Put in him in a position that he was born to play in like Second Row, and watch him carve them up!

mxlegend99

Referee
Pantherjim. said:
It's because for the better part of two seasons John Lang has insisted that he plays at Lock where he's totally wasted.

He's not a Lock!

Put in him in a position that he was born to play in like Second Row, and watch him carve them up!
I admit he'd be better in the Second Row, but i think he'd be best off the bench. He can be a great attacking player and great defender, and used off the bench his impact would be incredible.

I'm still hoping too see either Rodney or Aiton get named at Lock.

Pantherjim.

Referee
mxlegend99 said:
I admit he'd be better in the Second Row, but i think he'd be best off the bench. He can be a great attacking player and great defender, and used off the bench his impact would be incredible.

Second row or comming off the Bench to replace Big "T" Crossy, or Pritchard, House would be devastating! But FFS! Let's get him out of the No 13 Jersey, He's well and truly wasted there!

effnic

Bench
Who the f**k rates Jason King for him to be overrated. And Hicks is very underrated.

Kite 2005- overrated
Kite 2006- deserves being rated in the highest order.
Watmough 2005- deserves being rated in the highest order
Watmough 2006- overrated.

effnic

Bench
Immortal said:
Riddell deserves a mention. I don't watch that many Parra games, but he's lost his spark since leaving Saints.
George Rose has more stamina :crazy:

scottyeel

Bench
The whole St george is overrated. Every year they are talked up as having the best players/team on paper and are expected to win yet every year they fail to deliver.

Hutty1986

Immortal
scottyeel said:
The whole St george is overrated. Every year they are talked up as having the best players/team on paper and are expected to win yet every year they fail to deliver.

"The whole st george" :lol:

Go those eels

JJ

Immortal
Originally Posted by Pantherjim.
And you're an over-rated comedian. In fact, Craig Mclaughlin sh*ts all over you.

Craig McLaughlan was the funniest thing I'd seen on tv in a loooong time.

Snoz

Juniors
1. Bowen
2. McDougall
3. Tonga
4. Vagana
5. Elmasri
6. Anasta
7. Kimmorley
8. Webb
9. Wing
10. Ryles
11. P Bailey
12. Widders
13. Gallen

14. J Sutton
15. Fitzgibbon
16. M Head - as good as Joey = phew
17. Finch

sheldy

Juniors
1. Bowen - Agree, he has the skill but is way to small.

2. McDougall - Agree, dosent do anything much on the field and causes trouble of the field.

3. Tonga - Disagree, he is a good player when in form, he seems to be good enough for union anyway.

4. Vagana - AGREE, vagana does nothing, never has, never will.

5. Elmasri - DISAGREE, what are you smoking?! hes top of the try scorers list and he is the most accurate kicker in the game; how can you get better?

6. Anasta - agree, he is more of a ball runner than a 5/8, maybe be better in the back row.

7. Kimmorley - agree, he is too small and he hasnt got the ability to think on his feet.

8. Webb - 50/50, he can be good some games and be horrible the next, but he is awsome when he is fired up though.

9. Wing - 50/50 he isnt too bad at hooker, but terrible in the centres.

10. Ryles - disagree, he has good go-forward and strong defence, ovberall strong defence.

11. P Bailey - 50/50, this bloke hasnt really been rated as good or not...

12. Widders - agree on 2006 form, last year played the house down from the bench; i think this year is a year he would like to forget.

13. Gallen - disagree, he isnt a flashy player but he gets his job done.

14. J Sutton - agree, he isnt a 5/8 at all mainly because he doesnt have any creativity.

15. Fitzgibbon - 50/50, he wasnt too bad in the middle of his career (2004, 2005) but has really dropped off his game.

16. M Head - DIAGREE, has an enormous amount of creativity and he is quite fast on his feet.

17. Finch - AGREE, the only reason he has a contract is because of his dad because other than that, he is by far the worst halfback in the NRL