What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most quickly forgotten Grand Final ever?

Southernsaint

Staff member
[furrycat said:
]Uh most people forget the GF after a week... Unless you were a supporter of the team in it. You expect everyone to remember the 1985 GF? Who really cares about the 1985 one now?

That's bullshit. People with a keen sense of the history of the game will always remember Grand Finals & interesting matches & incidents from our past.

It's what makes shows like Boots N All so interesting and gives relevance to the achievements of today...

innsaneink

Referee
Savage Panther said:
the 2000 GF i wont remember in a hurry

bloody boring

I remember very very little of it. Olympics were all over it.
They played the GF early coz of the olympics that year didnt they?

Choppies

Coach
innsaneink said:
Savage Panther said:
the 2000 GF i wont remember in a hurry

bloody boring

I remember very very little of it. Olympics were all over it.
They played the GF early coz of the olympics that year didnt they?

they did

It was in August in 2000 if my memory servs me correctely.

strong_latte

Juniors
To be honest, as a roosters fan I'm trying to forget it because it was so clearly within our grasp and we just kept f**king everything up... that said both teams made alot of errors that made it seem like you were still watching one of the lower grades at times, there weren't all that many memorable moments (mind you I'll remember the tight-head! Those are bloody rare!) and I think alot of people would agree that the panthers of the 2003 GF would probably have beaten both those teams with the way they played that night.

Rusty

Juniors
The most recent grand final Roosters V Bulldogs probably because of the tri nations tour.

Southernsaint

Staff member
strong_latte said:
To be honest, as a roosters fan I'm trying to forget it because it was so clearly within our grasp and we just kept f***ing everything up... that said both teams made alot of errors that made it seem like you were still watching one of the lower grades at times, there weren't all that many memorable moments (mind you I'll remember the tight-head! Those are bloody rare!) and I think alot of people would agree that the panthers of the 2003 GF would probably have beaten both those teams with the way they played that night.

In a few short years when Eastern Suburbs are back in lower mid-table obscurity where they belong, you will look back on these Grand Finals as highlights of your pathetic life :lol:

OVP

Coach
Southernsaint said:
strong_latte said:
To be honest, as a roosters fan I'm trying to forget it because it was so clearly within our grasp and we just kept f***ing everything up... that said both teams made alot of errors that made it seem like you were still watching one of the lower grades at times, there weren't all that many memorable moments (mind you I'll remember the tight-head! Those are bloody rare!) and I think alot of people would agree that the panthers of the 2003 GF would probably have beaten both those teams with the way they played that night.

In a few short years when Eastern Suburbs are back in lower mid-table obscurity where they belong, you will look back on these Grand Finals as highlights of your pathetic life :lol:

Well then squidlips, i guess you will be looking forward to the new era of Doust's wonderful professionalism. If the Roosters have mid-table mediocrity to look forward to, then i hope you enjoy fighting for the spoon sunshine. :lol:

Willie Manu :lol: :lol: :lol:

Southernsaint

Staff member
OVP said:
Southernsaint said:
strong_latte said:

Well then squidlips, i guess you will be looking forward to the new era of Doust's wonderful professionalism. If the Roosters have mid-table mediocrity to look forward to, then i hope you enjoy fighting for the spoon sunshine. :lol:

Doust is on borrowed time.

Just look after your own backyard for now. There aren't that many Wizard Home Loans franchises to go around, you know...

OVP

Coach
Southernsaint said:
OVP said:
Southernsaint said:
strong_latte said:

Just look after your own backyard for now. There aren't that many Wizard Home Loans franchises to go around, you know...

Yes but one of those franchises has been reserved for a B. Fittler ;-)

Southernsaint

Staff member
OVP said:
Southernsaint said:
OVP said:
Southernsaint said:
strong_latte said:

Yes but one of those franchises has been reserved for a B. Fittler ;-)

Only one?? ;-)

strong_latte

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
strong_latte said:

You mean like you are now on the last 2 GF St George made? First losing to Manly and then losing to Melbourne! Tell me again how many GF finals St George have won since the early 70's?

The 1997 Super League Grand Final would have to be the least rememberd.

Its the only Grand Final I havent really watched. I went over to a mates house who was having a Grand Final party and didnt bother watching it.

It was a farce.

The 1997 ARL Grand Final was the real deal.

strong_latte

Juniors
Southernsaint said:

Anyway, I'm personally far more devasted that John Howard has secured a 4th term and will be at the helm for another 4 years... I love my footy and all, but then I suppose unlike you St George nuts my life doesn't begin and end with it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
izzo,

souths_evo.gif

...and the stands are still f**king empty :D

RB30DETT

Juniors
[furrycat said:
]Uh most people forget the GF after a week... Unless you were a supporter of the team in it. You expect everyone to remember the 1985 GF? Who really cares about the 1985 one now?

Shame on you!

Dogs went back to back!

Fampa

Juniors
nospam49 said:
The 1997 Super League Grand Final would have to be the least rememberd.

Unless of course you were there. And you were so dripping wet by half time that you went home to watch it on TV. :D

panthersballboy

Juniors
I can't remember anything from the 98 GF, I have watched every Grand Final since I can remember. But when i try to remember the 98 one I draw a blank.

Raider_69

Post Whore
panthersballboy said:
I can't remember anything from the 98 GF, I have watched every Grand Final since I can remember. But when i try to remember the 98 one I draw a blank.

i get the same with 96 :?