What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mr. Angry. R.I.P some sad news

DJDL

First Grade
His take on things was definitely mould breaking, but I can remember him dropping some pics in here of his daughter’s wedding and how proud he was. Hope I was right in that recollection, but that really stuck out to me of what a champion he was. Wish there was
more out there who took joy in life. Vale A

Yep, he was a very proud father.
One of the first things I thought of when I read the news was of those photos.
I'm glad he lived to see his daughter get married.
Still having trouble wrapping my head around it tbh.

chewsta

First Grade
Vale Mr Angry man, Unfortunately never got to meet him but shared a few chats with him over the years, and always enjoyed his eccentric character and ramblings in the forum pages too. Bloody good to see other members from outside the LU Sharks page in here passing on their condolences and sharing experiences with him too.
One of a kind.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
RIP Mr Angry. His passing takes me back to the "olden days" of LU when there was a bit more of an active scene around the various forums (like the FFB in particular) and Mr A was a distinctive presence all over the place. These days I'm a bit stuck talking "serious" footy over in the Warriors forum but it used to be a bit different around here. He was a real character.

bluefox68

Staff member
Not trying to make this place too ‘vanilla’ - but this sort of thing reminds us to have a bit of self-control when we’re getting annoyed at each other…

That doesn’t apply to Dargons and ‘Riff trolls…
LOL

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
His take on things was definitely mould breaking, but I can remember him dropping some pics in here of his daughter’s wedding and how proud he was. Hope I was right in that recollection, but that really stuck out to me of what a champion he was. Wish there was
more out there who took joy in life. Vale A
I am very sorry if it is weird using Dads account to reply but I don't have my own. This comment meant so much to me,thank you! I'm so glad he shared his life with people on here as you all seem like a tight knit group.
- Little Miss Angry

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Just want to thank everyone sincerely for sharing their memories with my father! I just sobbed with happiness reading this thread. He was immensely proud to have been a member of this community for 20 years and spoke of it often. I am so glad he had a group of like minded people that he could share his life with and make valuable friendships. Thank you again for being a part of his life, you meant more to him than you know.

-Little Miss Angry

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I am very sorry if it is weird using Dads account to reply but I don't have my own. This comment meant so much to me,thank you! I'm so glad he shared his life with people on here as you all seem like a tight knit group.
- Little Miss Angry
Yeah it is a bit of a strange one from both ends....Probably more than half the people that left messages regarding the old man never actually met him but others were privileged to do so. He was quite the character and highly respected around these parts. We can only hope that you and the rest of the family are doing ok during these difficult times. Take care hey.

fizman

Bench
This is a true story - In the early 2000's, a big group of Sharks supporters would go to Suncorp Stadium to support the boys. Can't remember the year, but when we were in front we were cheering a singing to our hearts content. I was with Mr Angry and possibly DJDL when Security came over and asked us to "Lower our cheering because the Broncos supporters said we were too loud"

So you know what Mr Angry did.....Hahaha!

Fantastic memories - I also remember his black t-shirt with the big shark (Not NRL gear) he was his own man.

R.I.P Mr Angry.

Special K

Coach
View attachment 93480

Just wanted to share his all time favourite photo and the one I have on his urn.
Great photo. As mentioned when you got married he posted about it on here with such pride. I can still remember the post.

I went looking for his profile to find his old posts today as I was down about this news. Such a funny fella, we will miss him. This community of passionate sharks fans have a core who have been on here forever and he was such a big part of all the ups and downs we would go over most days. He was always great for a laugh. Sorry for your loss.

Latest posts