What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MR:- From the Eels Office

fish eel

Immortal
RE: Cheergirl calender launch at the roxy.

Am I the only one who thinks people in the club have shown ordinary judgement in having the players do a nightclub function, after what has happened this year?

strider

Post Whore
fish eel said:
RE: Cheergirl calender launch at the roxy.

Am I the only one who thinks people in the club have shown ordinary judgement in having the players do a nightclub function, after what has happened this year?
yes

they are humans - they should be allowed to go out - they should also realise they need to behave when they are out tho

Nikki

Coach
Man I can almost see the incident happening in my mind and I doubt the girl was innocent in all of this.

Whilst he should not have done it, she should not have over reacted just coz he is a football player

fish eel

Immortal
strider said:
yes

they are humans - they should be allowed to go out - they should also realise they need to behave when they are out tho

Well maybe I'm a wowser, because I think its pretty poor form, at a time when there are clearly alcohol related issues in the club - better judgement could have should have been shown.

dazeely

First Grade
biting = low act / disgusting (similar to spitting).

whilst we / I don't know full story it is very very ordinary imo.

can't say I go around biting people (and I'm accustomed to an ale or twenty to many).

mickdo

Coach
dazeely said:
biting = low act / disgusting (similar to spitting).

whilst we / I don't know full story it is very very ordinary imo.

can't say I go around biting people (and I'm accustomed to an ale or twenty to many).
For the last time... she said it was a playful bite that did not leave a mark. It does not compare to a 'bite'.

V1er

Juniors
How did he get close enough to bite her in the first place? he must be quick. It was wrong for hayne to do it, now being a first grade player, the spotlight will continually be on him, even if he wasnt a leauge player it's pretty bad form for anyone to bite someone, unless of course they want it.

Hellsy

Immortal
I am extremely doubtful that this is the whole story.

I was at the Roxy on Sat nite and I didn't see Jarryd with a drink in his hand all evening.
I have also seen him at the Roxy on several other occaisions, never with a drink in his hand.
On one occaision this s**t of a girl tried to pick him up she was all over him with boobs practically hanging out and legs wide open. Want to know what Jarryd did? He zipped up her jacket and walked away.

I'm not doubting that something happened, but I wonder how much of the story is being told thats all.....

strider

Post Whore
Hellsy said:
I am extremely doubtful that this is the whole story.

I was at the Roxy on Sat nite and I didn't see Jarryd with a drink in his hand all evening.
I have also seen him at the Roxy on several other occaisions, never with a drink in his hand.
On one occaision this s**t of a girl tried to pick him up she was all over him with boobs practically hanging out and legs wide open. Want to know what Jarryd did? He zipped up her jacket and walked away.

I'm not doubting that something happened, but I wonder how much of the story is being told thats all.....
i reckon its more a case of - how much are the media sensationalising it? - which started with our great friend raaaaaayyyy

V1er

Juniors
What are the odds that it'll be plastered all over the back pages tomorrow of the papers. Its a small incident that proably will get the full blown treatment.

Suitman

Post Whore
The whole story is pathetic. And some of the comments on this thread are even worse.

Suity

number8

Juniors
I still don't get how this bite can be deemed both unwanted & yet playful. It's either one or the other but I think we are hearing a blurred medium.

Maybe she was into it until the boyfriend came along & then done a 180 to cover her flirting ass. Maybe Hayne is the victim here? Maybe Hayne has fallen prey to the two headed monster we all know as the prick tease. If thats the case $1000 bucks is a harsh deal.

Or, maybe the kid was just never taught that no means no & that when he made it in the NRL he'd be able to get any chick he wanted! If thats the case $1000 fair & at least now he'll no better.

It would be dissapointing to think that the 2nd thought is how it all went down & life experience leads me to feel the 1st example is a far more plauseable scenario.

I have difficulty believing that an Eels player would be so unaware of right & wrong as to make such a blatant error in judgement as the 2nd strain suggests. Our club has led the way in this area & have a feeling the players are well aware of their responsibilities. I'd go as far as to say, even more so than our other NRL counterparts. Given that, I'd have to think this has been blown well up from what actually happened!

Hellsy

Immortal
V1er said:
What are the odds that it'll be plastered all over the back pages tomorrow of the papers. Its a small incident that proably will get the full blown treatment.

Sure is a big piccie!!!!!!! under the heading PARRA-LETIC :crazy: :crazy:

not sure if the piccie will work...
0,10114,5165325,00.jpg