What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MR:- Glenn Morrison

parra pete

Referee
The Club must have someone else in its sights if they are letting such a good player like G Morrison go.

Kornstar

Coach
parra pete said:
The Club must have someone else in its sights if they are letting such a good player like G Morrison go.

I am thinking Simpson would be a good replacement and Hagan is the man who could bring him down, i think that is a better replacement, Morro has been great for us but i would love to see

11. Hindmarsh
12. Simpson

That would be awesome!!

Parraren

Bench
I'm with you pete.

I think the club is freeing up cash for some fairly notable signings.

My thoery is they will let Morris (and possibly McKinnon) go to free up cash for Lyon & they are letting Morrison go (along with Stringer, Peek & likely Cannings) to sign atleast one or two big name forwards.

I also wouldn't be surprised at all if one of the senior players (Vella, Wagon) end up stitching up a deal in the UK even though they are signed up for 2007.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Fitzy has already indicated on 2UE's 12pm news that the money will free up room to sign a replacement. i think we've already got someone in mind it's just a matter of letting their management know that we're interested.

I think the seeds have been sewn there.

sooperdooper

First Grade
good luck morro.
end of the day it was about him earning good $$$ which he was on at parra but would be on more at bradford to tie up his career...
i think parra made a good choice doing it before june 30 so the players out there know we are hunting :)

James_Hardie

Juniors
Kornstar said:
I am thinking Simpson would be a good replacement and Hagan is the man who could bring him down, i think that is a better replacement, Morro has been great for us but i would love to see

11. Hindmarsh
12. Simpson

That would be awesome!!

Steve Simpson has a good game about once a month. A reasonable player, but i wouldn't want to get into a bargining war for him and end up paying overs. He is past his best, and too often in the past we have brought players to our club who are past their best and they have duelly delivered nothing.

Eelementary

Post Whore
number8 said:
I am surprised the club didn't fight to tooth & nail keep him. It's been a bit, oh well! the whole proccess. Or so it has seemed from up here. Then again living up here, it's hard to catch the gossip or news outside these pages so maybe I just missed it all.

We, as always have some great talent coming through in that position, but It's still a shame to see him off.

Makes you wonder...Well, it makes ME wonder, at least...Why?

Clearly, he's been great for the Eels...So why would we be so happy to let him go?

Methinks Mick Hagan has an Ace of Spades up his sleeve...

Hurriflatch

Referee
Morro said on a couple of occasions that Brian was a big drawcard for him coming to Parra, so that would've played it's part also the cause in Morro's contract was more or less in his favour

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
Morro said on a couple of occasions that Brian was a big drawcard for him coming to Parra, so that would've played it's part also the cause in Morro's contract was more or less in his favour

well, it appears that he played a big part in getting Moro at Bradford because he was on his way to Hull before Smithy stepped in to look after Bradfords recruitment structure.

emjaycee

Coach
eelavation said:
Fitzy has already indicated on 2UE's 12pm news that the money will free up room to sign a replacement. i think we've already got someone in mind it's just a matter of letting their management know that we're interested.

I think the seeds have been sown there.

Took the liberty of fixing your typo Eela :D

Hurriflatch

Referee
technically it was up at the end of 2007 but he had a clause that if he got a contract offer from the UK he could go at the end of 2006.

He came to Parra in part due to Brian Smith being coach now he is heading to Bradford where Brian is in control of player recruitment.

In it's most basic form getting rid of Brian Smith cost Parra Glenn Morrison

there is a bit more to it then that but if Brian had been kept I'm betting Morro wouldn't have gone looking for a contract with an English club

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
So wait - was Morrison's contract up this year or next year?

next year, but he had an option at his favour which meant he could be allowed to leave for English club if he had an opportunity.

Hurriflatch

Referee
He left because he got an offer from an English club

So it was on his own accord, Parra would've wanted to keep him but due to the clause in his contract they could try and talk him out of it but basically had their hands tied

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
there is a bit more to it then that but if Brian had been kept I'm betting Morro wouldn't have gone looking for a contract with an English club

I wouldn't be so sure about that, the three year contract at Bradford would sure up his future financially, he may not of been in the same bargaining power a year later.

smart move.

lucablight

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
He left because he got an offer from an English club

So it was on his own accord, Parra would've wanted to keep him but due to the clause in his contract they could try and talk him out of it but basically had their hands tied

Fair enough. I would be filthy if they actually forced him out.