What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mr Kearney, Welcome to our nightmare

pedge

Juniors
No fan should have to accept a sh*t house year before it even starts. we are all paying members/spectators

And Bennett did win the minor premiership after one year then won the minor premiership and GF the next. What i'd give to be just a competitive side. We will be doing well to avoid the spoon

With the squad we had, im still not sure what ppl expect...I was at the game today with a feeling i never had before in the first half...i was enjoying the atmosphere of a game without being tense or stressed...I bought my membership knowing full well what to expect this year.
We can complain all we want to drop this guy and that guy, but bar a few, we just dont have a better option

Kornstar

Coach
Toughest pre season ever and team bonding......I saw nothing tonight different from last year!!!

I was in the US fir the first games and just got back to see this game. Will watch the other 2 games on the weekend.

In the trials there seemed to be commitment and playing for each other, tonight looked like a team that hated each other, Hayne looked the most disinterested I have ever seen him!

Kearney has a lot of work to do and some better decisions to make!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Up in Brissie and saw the first two disallowed tries and just turned the telly off. So it gets worse??? :(

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
is there a clap smiley cause ill give you one....they guy came into a team who is reportedly 1 million under the salary cap...not sure what he is expected to do...its only rd 3 FFS
This is true, though doesnt appear to b able to attract any decent players, yet.

Avenger

Immortal
With the squad we had, im still not sure what ppl expect...I was at the game today with a feeling i never had before in the first half...i was enjoying the atmosphere of a game without being tense or stressed...I bought my membership knowing full well what to expect this year.
We can complain all we want to drop this guy and that guy, but bar a few, we just dont have a better option
bullsh*t. Replace Etu with anyone, I'd choose Loko. Walker and Morgan dropped for Hicks and Reddy. Our tragic halves for McGuire and Humble. Smith dropped for Brien or Rogers. Keating off for Mitchell. Lasalo off for O'Hanlon.

Eelogical

Referee
No fan should have to accept a sh*t house year before it even starts. we are all paying members/spectators

And Bennett did win the minor premiership after one year then won the minor premiership and GF the next. What i'd give to be just a competitive side. We will be doing well to avoid the spoon

We aren't alone as far as sh*thouse years are concerned. My point about Bennett was that he has 2 decades of 1st grade coaching behind him as opposed to SK's 3 games. SK needs our collective support ATM.

Avenger

Immortal
We aren't alone as far as sh*thouse years are concerned. My point about Bennett was that he has 2 decades of 1st grade coaching behind him as opposed to SK's 3 games. SK needs our collective support ATM.
If he keeps picking Etu and Robson he can get f**ked.

Noise

Coach

I was also at the game enjoying myself in the first half. Ben Smith quickly fixed that in the 2nd half. I bought my membership expecting us to put the best side on the field and be competitive.

And like you said, why haven't we used those better options to replace those few? lets get our best 13 on the field! reddy is a better centre than morgan for starters

Reddy has to be in there somewhere but apart from that we have no one else, Tahu and Grothe would be there but they left in the preseason too late to sign a replacement. We have had some tough things tossed in our way.
SK will need to have a massive clean out at seasons end but in the meantime he needs to find players to replace them with that are better and if we continue like this who would want to come here?

We also have not seen Carl Webb yet and Poore is out for a while and his replacement was on fire and is now injured for a few more weeks too (allgood).
Shacks was ok at prop.
But i as a member would like more info on injuried players and when they may return and why is Tom Humble training the house down and not playing at all?
We have gone from one extreme to the other, leaking like the titanic to tighter than a scotsman at christmas.

Eelogical

Referee
If he keeps picking Etu and Robson he can get f**ked.
No arguments from me Avenger. I am just saying that I ain't willing to hang, draw an quarter SK over what has been produced so far. Some big names before him have been given a lot more latitude with a bigger player roster than SK, and they didn't come under this much scrutiny until a hell of a lot more losses than SK.......just sayin.

bartman

Immortal
Up in Brissie and saw the first two disallowed tries and just turned the telly off. So it gets worse??? :(
Much worse.

To be fair, the refs seemed intent to referee one side all night. But we lost our bundle and had nothing - not enough defence to hold Souths out, and not enough attack to stay in the game.

pedge

Juniors
I was also at the game enjoying myself in the first half. Ben Smith quickly fixed that in the 2nd half. I bought my membership expecting us to put the best side on the field and be competitive.

And like you said, why haven't we used those better options to replace those few? lets get our best 13 on the field! reddy is a better centre than morgan for starters

good to know you enjoyed yourself in that 1st half then...you can thank matt cecchin for the rest...i have no doubt half of these discussions arent occurring right now if not for him

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Much worse.

To be fair, the refs seemed intent to referee one side all night. But we lost our bundle and had nothing - not enough defence to hold Souths out, and not enough attack to stay in the game.
After 30 mins its 12 all and things aren't looking to bad, Besides Morts sh*t house kicks :crazy:

yy_cheng

Coach
Hayne looked the most disinterested I have ever seen him!

Kearney has a lot of work to do and some better decisions to make!

During the match, Fittler said that you want Hayne to get the ball as often as he wants it. He then said, Hayne asked for it 4 times earlier and they didn't give it to him.

He probably had a sook and thought, well if SK wants our halves to do it, I'll let them do it.

mrpwnd

Bench
During the match, Fittler said that you want Hayne to get the ball as often as he wants it. He then said, Hayne asked for it 4 times earlier and they didn't give it to him.

He probably had a sook and thought, well if SK wants our halves to do it, I'll let them do it.
With so many 3rd and 4th tackle kicks Hayne probably can't even get anywhere near the ball.....My God what an embarrassing game in every sense of the word.

Chipmunk

Coach
Reddy has to be in there somewhere but apart from that we have no one else, Tahu and Grothe would be there but they left in the preseason too late to sign a replacement. We have had some tough things tossed in our way.
SK will need to have a massive clean out at seasons end but in the meantime he needs to find players to replace them with that are better and if we continue like this who would want to come here?

What gives you the impression that Kearney intends to have a massive clean out....the resigning of Keating indicates to me that he intends to run around with the same nuffies for at least another couple of seasons

Chipmunk

Coach

Jarryd did look a bit of out sorts tonight and somewhat frustrated at times. Its had to put blame on him, he cant do everything

Latest posts