What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mr Kearney, Welcome to our nightmare

hineyrulz

Post Whore
game on at half time, the first five minutes has nearly made me bring up my excellent Vindaloo curry i had for dinner :(

Last edited:
What gives you the impression that Kearney intends to have a massive clean out....the resigning of Keating indicates to me that he intends to run around with the same nuffies for at least another couple of seasons
I said he needs too i didn't say he will.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Jarryd did look a bit of out sorts tonight and somewhat frustrated at times. Its had to put blame on him, he cant do everything

See this is where the whole game plan has to change, relying on Hayne all the time to put the big kicks and big plays. Thats a big worry with the halves.

The halves look lost and dont know what to do, they seem to look around try and give it to Hayne and put the silly kicks through. Lack of communication, no talk, Im sorry they both Robson and Mortimer have to be dropped.

Now Im not saying Etu's a good winger, but to be fair he hardly the saw the ball cause our halves can't pass the ball out wide. I think Burt touched it about 3 times and made a break and almost scored a try.

We replaced him last week with a winger who was a lot worse, couldnt defend and was slow. I really dont know who they'll bring in, unless they shift Walker to the wing when Reddy comes back or bring in Jordan Atkins

There's no structure, no game plan, I saw probably the same thing as last year, if not worse. No enthusiasm.

I know it takes a while for a coach to gel his side, but you can't have a big pre-season and play like that.

As for Matt Keating, I think we kept the wrong Keating cause it wouldnt surprise if Kris Keating has a good season for the Bulldogs and Mitchell will leave if we dont give him a go.

ParraSteve

Juniors
Morgan just shouldnt be in first grade at the moment, he may turn into a good player but he's really struggling at the moment, send him to wenty for a year to play with the big boys, coming from a NYC team that finished last cant help.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Morgan just shouldnt be in first grade at the moment, he may turn into a good player but he's really struggling at the moment, send him to wenty for a year to play with the big boys, coming from a NYC team that finished last cant help.

It'll definately help him, whilst he looked good on occassions he's not ready for FG. Marking GI was a huge ask. And its a massive gap between First grade and Toyota Cup.

Snoochies

First Grade
This is a huge week for Kearney coming up. DA seem to persist with the same formula week after week. This week we will see if Kearney has the balls to make the chops that need to be made. Personally, I'd rather see the next generation of Parra players come through now just like Canberra did a couple years ago, and build a sustainable team for the future.

I am really looking forward to Tuesday afternoon. :)

hindy111

Post Whore
LUKE BURT SHOWED HIS CLASS.
At fullback and floating around haynes life is harder-Notice teams are putting a better kick chase against us.Stop hayne they say.
ETu must go-MK must go and same with penguin.Keep in mind we had allgood out-webb-poore matua not ready nor reddy-Thats around 800k worht of talent plus we are under the cap by 600k...

I thought we played well in patches-Some simple tweaking is all we need.Id lve to see ROry Brien come in for Morgan.Reddy the other centre and walker to the wing.
Put Mitchel onto the bench
8Mannah
9 Mcguire
10Moi Moi
11 Hindy
12 Shackelton
13 Horo

14Mitchel
15Allgood
16Webb
17Lasallo

Chipmunk

Coach
See this is where the whole game plan has to change, relying on Hayne all the time to put the big kicks and big plays. Thats a big worry with the halves.

The halves look lost and dont know what to do, they seem to look around try and give it to Hayne and put the silly kicks through. Lack of communication, no talk, Im sorry they both Robson and Mortimer have to be dropped.

Now Im not saying Etu's a good winger, but to be fair he hardly the saw the ball cause our halves can't pass the ball out wide. I think Burt touched it about 3 times and made a break and almost scored a try.

We replaced him last week with a winger who was a lot worse, couldnt defend and was slow. I really dont know who they'll bring in, unless they shift Walker to the wing when Reddy comes back or bring in Jordan Atkins

There's no structure, no game plan, I saw probably the same thing as last year, if not worse. No enthusiasm.

I know it takes a while for a coach to gel his side, but you can't have a big pre-season and play like that.

As for Matt Keating, I think we kept the wrong Keating cause it wouldnt surprise if Kris Keating has a good season for the Bulldogs and Mitchell will leave if we dont give him a go.

The halves arent up to first grade standard, but looking at the rest of the Club....realistically, who do you put in? Who ever you put in will be an extremely large gamble, but its possibly too far gone with Robson and Mortimer that they just have to take that gamble. Personally I doubt he will change the halves until at least Round 12 at the earliest....season will be done and dusted by then.

Etu and Keating are not a first graders, Morgan is not yet ready. I think Walker is probably better suited to right wing. I think I would persavere with Whatuira at Left Centre for a few weeks. Looks like were going to be stuck with Keating starting for a while as McGuires was injured and according to Kearney could be out for sometime.

We really miss Justin Poore and Joel Reddy.

Pazza

First Grade
shame about Ken Sio! would have been in FG for sure with our current backline!

Pazza

First Grade
Poore as well! our front row rotation was the shining light of this roster and Poore + Webb havent been on the field yet :(

Roadkill

Juniors
Lets accept the fact that not much is going to happen this year! Time to start building a team... we have stuck with Robson and he clearly is no more than a park footballer. His lack of attacking options aside, you want a good half to take control when your under pressure coming out of your own 22... go back and have a look at the game tonight and tell me where he was! As for Keating...please! I hear they have a few wraps on Murray, lets get him there now...

Captain BF

Juniors
Mr Kearney, Welcome to our nightmare

Just in case you haven’t noticed we have the worst winger in the comp which incidentally you have picked twice. It’s the one who runs around the field in defence like a stray dog during morning peak on Parramatta Rd.

In addition you have picked the biggest pretender in Chris Walker at centre, some of his defensive attempts were just laughable.

We have the slowest lock/secondrower in the universe in Ben Smith who basically has less lateral movement then a paraplegic stuck knee deep in quick dry cement.

We also have easily the worst halves in the world. A 5/8th who has a famous name who insists on doing inside passes that fool nobody and a halfback with the worst tackle 5 option in the history of the game.

Meanwhile you have a centre in Reddy who cannot get a run, a half who Sterling describes as the best one in our club and a hooker who is already better than the bloke you just signed for another 2 years.

Mr Kearney, WAKE UP, or the nightmare and my f**king high blood pressure will continue!!

PS - My club sack coaches now - so do it soon.
Pretty much spot on mate.

Danonthespot

Juniors
Atrocious is really the only way to describe our team. We deserve the wooden spoon at this stage.

I will no longer watch any games this year so long as Mortimer is playing - he offers absolutely sweet f*^k all!

Etu, just as bad. Why was this fool picked after his efforts 2 weeks ago, after which game I wrote on this very forum -

I thought Etu was our worst. He came off his wing in defense nearly every time the Warriors threw it out the backline - once they scored, and another time nearly if it weren't for Morgan covering for him.

Etu also put a big hit on in the 2nd half that everyone probably rated, but again he had bolted in off his wing uneccesarily - had the Warriors player passed before the hit they would have put the winger away for a 4-pointer.

Do our coaches not grab these players at half time and say "STOP COMING IN OFF YOUR WING"??

Unbelievable.

ROGUE

Juniors
Atrocious is really the only way to describe our team. We deserve the wooden spoon at this stage.

I will no longer watch any games this year so long as Mortimer is playing - he offers absolutely sweet f*^k all!

Etu, just as bad. Why was this fool picked after his efforts 2 weeks ago, after which game I wrote on this very forum -

Do our coaches not grab these players at half time and say "STOP COMING IN OFF YOUR WING"??

Unbelievable.

The irony is morts set up a couple tries last night

barney gumble

Juniors
Ben Smith was potentially a world class centre, injury ruined that, he is not up to 1st grade now, certainly not in the back row.
I'm just about on board the halves bagging bandwagon, they have been atrocious.
Etu is a worry in defence, but being let down by Morgan as well, not sure if Morgan is ready for the top grade yet.
Can't agree about Walker, I thought he offered plenty in attack and defence. The right hand defence was the trouble (Morgan and Etu)

Big challenge for Kearney. Needs to start responding to some serious weaknesses.

Latest posts