What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mullen on the Juice

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Requested B sample.

What's the chance of the same sample being negative?

Next to zero.

Im just wondering how long it will be until we get an official outcome.

Had a knee injury that had been persisting.

I was thinking "shoulder" sounded wrong...

Kirk Reynoldson- I can't forget him.

waterhairflip-800x533.jpg

Rod

Bench
All Black Patrick Tuipolotu was cleared today of taking a banned substance after his B sample came back negative. So it is possible, although according to some experts very unlikely.

Pedge1971

First Grade
The Kiwi rugby case is interesting. That is him and Dan Carter cleared in the last 12 months. How the feck could it get so.wrong.....

Spot On

Coach
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ja...t/news-story/ee4c698932e357c277e39c972e0e5062

Wasn't aware ASADA grabbed laptops and mobile phones from players????

Wonder when that happened??? Surely it couldn't have been the day players were tested???

ASADA are going to dig around some more to see if they can find who Mullo sourced the steriod from and if any other players are connected, even though, as far as I know, no other player returned a positive sample???

I hope this doesn't get out of control.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Just as a side issue to all of this (but more important to me)...how is channel 7 accessing and announcing results of positive B samples before this is with the club (according to Gidley) and what are the issues around seizing laptops and other electronic equipment - what legal basis does ASADA have for 'seizing' those items, when did this occur, etc.?

According to the quote in the Herald :

In a statement provided to the Seven Network, ASADA said it would investigate further to try to determine where Mullen sourced the steroid and whether other Knights players were involved.

“The role of the people surrounding the athlete and any other issues pertaining to the use of the substance by the athlete — in doing so, we pursue and follow any leads as part of that process,” the statement read
Why is ASADA providing statements to a media outlet (as opposed to a media release in the public domain?) about a matter that hasn't formally been advised to the club?

Here is how the initial test result was released - https://www.asada.gov.au/news/provis...-jarrod-mullen

I'm not questioning whether Mullen testing positive is accurate but there is a hell of a lot more about the way this has been handled that has an odour about it, not the least of it is how this latest information has been released

macavity

Referee
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ja...t/news-story/ee4c698932e357c277e39c972e0e5062

Wasn't aware ASADA grabbed laptops and mobile phones from players????

Wonder when that happened??? Surely it couldn't have been the day players were tested???

ASADA are going to dig around some more to see if they can find who Mullo sourced the steriod from and if any other players are connected, even though, as far as I know, no other player returned a positive sample???

I hope this doesn't get out of control.

seems as though how you get treated depends largely on which club (and sport) you come from...

Spot On

Coach
Reports this morning that Mullo is looking to cut a deal in an attempt to have his ban cut by 50 per cent enabling him to finish his career in the ESL.

Knight76

Juniors
I don't care what deal he does, why are we waiting still on the B sample. ASADA no doubt have it by now, but are not releasing it as they are still investigating. Which is just wrong.

Release the B sample, the knights deserve to be officially told, as does the NRL, fans, the player themselves etc.

What can holding back the B sample alter.

Alex28

Coach
Every week this goes on, $15,000 disappears from our salary cap.

Cut him now. Why should the club pay the price for his selfishness?

Zoidberg

First Grade
He's been my favourite player for quite a few years and I'm disappointed to see him end his career this way. Although he never lived up to the massive expectations that were thrown on him he was one of our best for a long time and injury over the last few years made it difficult for him to get back to his best and probably forced him to make the dumb decision to take steroids.
Best of luck in your future Mullo.

Latest posts