What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mullen on the Juice

Frederick

Staff member
Hard to judge the player on his admin skills. He did coach us to a GF win.
No he didn't. He rode in here on Warren ryans coat tails, sat on the sidelines while Joey delivered what we should've had the year before, then went about systematically tearing down all facets of the club until there was nothing but an empty shell left, then he went to Parra and did exactly the same thing.

Hagans time at the club can bear summed up in the immortal words of Bernard Black:
"I'm sorry I ever let you in here, to rob me of my best years before leaving me a burnt out husk."

steven p white

Juniors
In 2001 the Knights had a very impressive roster maybe Rudder was our handicap to give other teams a chance! P.S Matty Johns would have forgotten more about playing 5/8th than Mullen will ever know, at least he could direct traffic and lead by example under pressure!

Last edited:

Knight76

Juniors
Well I expect to see Mullen handing out the freebies at the Western gates all day saturday. Gotta do something to earn his money!

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Question -

Where would you rank Mullen in overall 5/8's that have worn the Knights Jersey?
I'd have him second behind Mattew Johns. Mathew johns was pretty decent during the early to mid 90's, then he had an ordinary 1997 season, came good again in 1998 and 1999 but then slowed up and became a plodder in 2000.

Mullen was overall decent for us. Sure he sucked at closing out a match or being consistent apart from a couple of seasons under bennet, however let's not forget the joke of a forward back he very often played behind. He was a terrific defender and was consistently our best half since Johns retired.

Knight76

Juniors
Meh why fight it? He's done:

Well the Knights seem happy to continue to pay him a staggering weekly wage whilst he fights it. So putting in as many appeals as possible gets him the most cash possible.

Can't see any other reason to appeal at his age.

Knight76

Juniors
No press release from the Knights so I'm guessing so.

I think the Knights are looking after him personally, he could have been sacked before this, plenty of players sacked in the past whilst investigation is still ongoing.