What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mundine: Still got a chip on his shoulder

Leagueguy

Juniors
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1:76649655/Box~C~+Big+test+for+Mundine.html?refid=SEO

"The original Aboriginal as 28-year-old Mundine has tagged himself".

I also found this in a recent article: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,19193960-23218,00.html

"The Man wants to be a boxing promoter and is planning to go to Panama to not only negotiate with the WBA over the timeframe in which the Kessler fight must take place, but to look for some potential world champions he can sign up".

Raider_69

Post Whore
hahah cheers for that
mundine out does himself
the original aboriginal indeed

mabo schools him in the original aboriginal stakes!

OVP

Coach
Mundine is correct. Unfortunately for him, his nemesis, one Mr B Fittler has already admitted it. Meh.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Can you feel the love for Choc in here??

Out of the game for 7 seasons now and can still prompt three pages worth of posts on an NRL message board:

"Here's the latest, Mundine's the greatest!!" LOL...

drake

First Grade
If Choc is calling himself "The Original Aboriginal" I get the feeling he doesn't think he's hated enough, he now wants to put the Kooris off him too. I know a few lads that will take offence to that.

I wish he would shut up and let his fists do the talking. He could be the biggest thing in this country based on his ability; his arrogance is his undoing.

But it puts bums on seats as people line up hoping to see him get his head filled in.

Maybe he's not as dumb as people think.

Crusher

Coach
drake said:
If Choc is calling himself "The Original Aboriginal" I get the feeling he doesn't think he's hated enough, he now wants to put the Kooris off him too. I know a few lads that will take offence to that.

I wish he would shut up and let his fists do the talking. He could be the biggest thing in this country based on his ability; his arrogance is his undoing.

But it puts bums on seats as people line up hoping to see him get his head filled in.

Maybe he's not as dumb as people think.

As I've said a million times I reckon its all an act as it gets

100 people talking about him in this 'league' forum.
30,000 bums on seats at his fights,

Big Bunny

Juniors
Kurt Angle said:
Hahahah... he;s 3/4 white and he's the "original aborginal"... hahahha
Do you have any idea how offensive that comment is? A very large percentage of Aboriginal people in NSW have mixed backgrounds, but we all still identify as Koori, whilst still embracing our other sides. You're either Koori or you're not.

No Aboriginal person appreciates ignorant people trying to categorise us using outdated and patently racist concepts. Don't trivialise a persons culture and background based on your stereotypes.

Big Bunny

Juniors
drake said:

They have said as much or is that a guess? Personally whilst I think his rhyming ability and originality is Z-grade I really don't find the comment offensive in the slightest.

drake

First Grade
Big Bunny said:
They have said as much or is that a guess? Personally whilst I think his rhyming ability and originality is Z-grade I really don't find the comment offensive in the slightest.
Whilst my mates like Choc and support him, they get a tad annoyed with him pulling out the aboriginal card whenever it suits him.

But it was a supposition based on earlier conversations.

borat

Bench
I think you are all missing the point that was raised earlier in the thread about Wiedler's association with Mundine. If I was to guess I would say Wiedler was struggling for a story or comment from anyone as Sailor is keeping his mouth shut. Mundine owes Wielder for his stories to help promote the fight so when Wieldler needs a footy player to talk about drugs in sport who do you think he would turn to.

As everyone as already said its common knowledge anyway. This story says far more about Wiedler's investigative reporting than Mundine mouthing off.

walker smith

Juniors
Mundine has all credibility on this issue as he is an absolute cleanskin and has no skeletons to conceal. On this issue he is as pure as the driven snow.

mulvihill

Juniors
So some league players like to snort some showbiz ??

Big deal.

Why is it OK we test footballers for this (even when they're not playing for 5 mths of a year) yet no one tests for example the lead guitarist from ACDC or OAsis whom kids also look up to. Some kids at Cranbrook may also look up to the head forex trader at the Mac BAnk and I will bet that he isn't tested for coke at the Establishment every Friday night.

Why don't the league sort out incompetent refs, player poaching, unscrupilous managers before they get on their high horse about players who may have some showbiz or pop a pill out of season.

Tell me is Gallop tested and how would he feel if one Weds morning at his desk someone asked him to piss in a bottle to see if he'd had some charlie on the weekend .. or better still when he was on holiday at year's end and not even at work ??

Vicious

Bench
mulvihill said:
So some league players like to snort some showbiz ??

Big deal.

Why is it OK we test footballers for this (even when they're not playing for 5 mths of a year) yet no one tests for example the lead guitarist from ACDC or OAsis whom kids also look up to. Some kids at Cranbrook may also look up to the head forex trader at the Mac BAnk and I will bet that he isn't tested for coke at the Establishment every Friday night.

Why don't the league sort out incompetent refs, player poaching, unscrupilous managers before they get on their high horse about players who may have some showbiz or pop a pill out of season.

Tell me is Gallop tested and how would he feel if one Weds morning at his desk someone asked him to piss in a bottle to see if he'd had some charlie on the weekend .. or better still when he was on holiday at year's end and not even at work ??

This i agree with. Let`s be honest, Hollywood would have to practically close down if everyone involved with movie making was tested and then banned if they tested positive.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Raider_69 said:
hahah cheers for that
mundine out does himself
the original aboriginal indeed

mabo schools him in the original aboriginal stakes!
Geez, some people are easily impressed.

I had a good search and couldn't find anything apart from the half-finished article that LeagueGuy linked to, which doesn't confirm anything. It doesn't quote him directly, it doesn't say in what context it was supposedly said, or if it was a piss-take for the media (which he usually does). Still, doesn't stop people running off with their half-cocked notions... or perhaps in Kurt Angle's case, that'd be 3/4 cocked.

But even if he did say it, so what?

Raider_69

Post Whore
good point willow, but my mate had previously mentioned this quote (i couldnt find it either), i figure him and that article would be a large coincidence, the article is good enough for me :)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol... well as I said, easily impressed. Google doesn't offer much.

But again, so what? Do you think Mundine believes he is the original Aboriginal?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Willow said:
lol... well as I said, easily impressed. Google doesn't offer much.

But again, so what? Do you think Mundine believes he is the original Aboriginal?

i doubt it, he is a smart arse, not a dumb arse
but id piss myself if i herd it

sydraider

First Grade
He said it after the fight in the dressing room, when he was appealing to the australian public to love him not loathe him.
Went something along the lines of "Australia, dont hate me, I'm one of you, I'm the original aboriginal"

Was on fox sports.