What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mundine: Still got a chip on his shoulder

Willow

Assistant Moderator
In that context it sounds like he is saying 'I'm Australian too' or 'we're all Australians together'. He was never overly articulate but I still can't see what the fuss is about.
In any case, he could come out and beat Danny Green and people would still be looking for fault... oh, that's right. lol

sydraider

First Grade
Mind you he also came out with....

"Im the most Prolific, scientific, poetic, yada yada yada..... athlete there ever is Past, Present and Future"

Btw willow, not finding fault with him, this is just what he came out with.

Makes me laugh more than anything else really, with his hand on it, with that hand speed, cant be much of an event for himself.

Raider_69

Post Whore
no fuss willow, just another classic line from mundine

the man, the mouth, the original aboriginal - anthony mundine! :lol:

perverse

Referee
Willow said:
No fuss... sureee. People are just taking a keen interest.
because we hate him.
it's much easier to sit here and agree to hating mundine than to venture to other threads and disagree on stuff we don't all agree on.

duh.

Trevor Cogger

Juniors
Im not sure about any cover ups but theres plenty of NRL players and probably more former NRL players who currently or have indulged in recreational drugs. Trevor himself has indulged with a few of them, two still playing first grade footy.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
perverse said:
because we hate him.
it's much easier to sit here and agree to hating mundine than to venture to other threads and disagree on stuff we don't all agree on.

duh.
If its OK I'll sift out the 'we' and ignore the contradiction. But putting that aside, at least you're being honest. None of this fluffy hanging onto every half-quote crap.

And I guess you're right about one thing, for some folk its easier to have a bitch.

perverse

Referee
it's easier for anyone to bitch..
why pick apart my post? of course i meant 'we' in the context of the "mundine haters" amongst us.. i suppose picking apart my posts downfalls validates your own points...

contradiction? please point it out.. maybe even try reading a little slower.
and don't condecend me on your high horse... you're the one bitching that we're bitching about him.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Oh come on pervy. Cheer up. You think that's picking apart a post? You haven't seen anything yet. Here, this is what I call picking apart a post... hope it cracks a smile.
perverse said:
it's easier for anyone to bitch..
Not everyone.
perverse said:
why pick apart my post?
You replied to my post, I replied to your post. Its a discussion forum. A tad paranoid perhaps?
perverse said:
of course i meant 'we' in the context of the "mundine haters" amongst us..
'Us'? :lol:
perverse said:
i suppose picking apart my posts downfalls validates your own points...
Pretty much.
perverse said:
contradiction? please point it out..
Sure.
"it's much easier to sit here and agree to hating mundine than to venture to other threads and disagree on stuff we don't all agree on."
Not everyone here is is agreeing on hating Mundine. Perhaps you've ventured into the wrong thread.
perverse said:
maybe even try reading a little slower.
I did, and you still look like a cranky fella looking for stuff to bitch about. Geez, who woulda thought it?
perverse said:
and don't condecend me on your high horse... you're the one bitching that we're bitching about him.
LOL. What, me condescend? Learn how to spell it and I'll get back to you. Methinks pervy doesn't like people disgreeing with him.

perverse

Referee
you're great at disregarding context.. you're a spin doctor, and congratulations.. you'd make a great journalist.

what you posted from me is still not a contradiction.. maybe a little incorrect.. but as i'm sure you're well aware, a contradiction would be me giving an arguement that conflicted with another of my arguements.. in fact i'm not sure a single statement can possibly contradict itself.. unless it has 2 meanings. try again.

and who'dathunkit? bitching is a part of online forums! i didn't even say that i wasn't a whinger, i am.. its just a joke that you think you're any less mortal than the rest of us in the whinge department.. its hypocrisy at it's finest. i mean isn't whinging essentially what this is all about? can i not refer to the general population of the LU forums (it just so happens im a member too) as 'us'? i'm paranoid huh? so what if i am? it doesn't make anything i've said less relevant.

oh look.. the spelling police are even on patrol. your posts addressing me have been garbage and lack substance.. they just slander me in the pettiest of ways..

perverse

Referee
this post is so anyone who wishes to continue this thread has something to go off...

mundine makes another moronic statement to the media by dropping the massive bombshell that 20-something year old males with too much cash on their hands do drugs.

another insightful scoop from The Man.

borat

Bench
perverse said:
this post is so anyone who wishes to continue this thread has something to go off...

mundine makes another moronic statement to the media by dropping the massive bombshell that 20-something year old males with too much cash on their hands do drugs.

another insightful scoop from The Man.

Sorry has Mundine gone into journalism?

I thought it was danny Wiedler's story.

perverse

Referee
borat said:
Sorry has Mundine gone into journalism?

I thought it was danny Wiedler's story.
have you never used a word colloquially before?
i suppose you actually feel remorse because you wrote the word sorry in your post?

borat

Bench
perverse said:
have you never used a word colloquially before?
i suppose you actually feel remorse because you wrote the word sorry in your post?

Remorse, riiiiiiiigggghhhht. Actually I was taking the p*ss out of you but I can see that went right over your head.

Perverse, do yourself a favour, build a bridge and get over it. Ali said he could dance like a butterfly and sting like a bee. Well I have since discovered that butterfly's can't even dance, just too many legs apparently for even the most basic of Polka. Don't even get me started on the bee part.

perverse

Referee
mate, i'm just defending myself.. it was quite clear you were taking the p!ss out of me.. why wouldnt i respond?

been over it since i tried to get the thread back on track.. but thats not going to happen is it? i built my bridge a long way back.

so how about that mundine comment about drugs in the nrl eh?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
perverse said:
mate, i'm just defending myself.. it was quite clear you were taking the p!ss out of me.. why wouldnt i respond?
That's the spirit Pervy, fight the good fight!
Ever been to TFC?
perverse said:
been over it since i tried to get the thread back on track.. but thats not going to happen is it? i built my bridge a long way back.

so how about that mundine comment about drugs in the nrl eh?
LOL! Get what back on track? This thread went as far as it could in the first page.

Where's that broken record emoticon? Oh heck, this will have to do...
:BDH:

Pervy, good luck with your crusade and I hope you gain the satisfaction you demand, but there's only so many ways you can say 'obvious'.