What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mundine v Geale II

Mundine was very lucky to get the judges vote in their first meeting. Its a fact that every time "the man" has met a half decent fighter he has lost.

Valheru

Coach
Last night was a great night. I particularly like how Geale toyed with mundane at times and made him swing wildly. The fight wasn’t close and Geale was the clear winner.

Apparently Mundine’s corner were telling him he was winning at the end of each round. What is wrong with these people?

Micistm

Bench
Just when I think I can't get any more shocked by how delusional Mundine is...he goes and does it.
Obviously a sporting talent, but the guy is such a disrespectful knob jockey to others you just look forward to the times he gets his arse kicked. Then smile with pity when he can't even admit it to himself

sydraider

First Grade
lol at those saying Geale is not world class, he has done what mundine refused to do, go overseas and win titles.

I say there might have been a bit of pressure on Geale to knock that fool out last night, otherwise he dominated like he did the last time they fought.

lol at Dunny Bill, bloke is a joke, get through an NRL season without having a heartlidge before you go shooting your mouth off, dickheads the lot of them.

If they wanna know how popular they are, why dont they create their own fight night

Mundine v Quade Cooper
Dunny Bill v Hopoate

Bring it and see how mant tickets and pay per views they sell

wankers of the highest order!

axl rose

Bench
Geale certainly made Mundine look stupid! Its a shame Mundine kept turning his back on Geale's attack, I would have loved to see him knock the goose out!

Excuse my ignorance regarding boxing but should someone in Geales high class be expected to knock out Mundine? or is Geale more of a technically good fighter as opposed to power?

Iafeta

Referee
lol-what an embarrassment. I can't imagine too many Australians, let alone Aboriginals, who don't see him as a mad joke and an embarrassment to their nation. He's no good, this fellow.

Chainshada

Juniors
Excuse my ignorance regarding boxing but should someone in Geales high class be expected to knock out Mundine? or is Geale more of a technically good fighter as opposed to power?

I'm not a big boxing fan, but from all I've gathered from the 2, Geale seems to rely on skill and fitness to keep the pressure on the whole fight, while Mundine is a very defensive fighter. Could be and probably am wrong though ;p.

Would have loved to see Geale toy with him and knock him out in the last minute, but still happy with the result.

axl rose

Bench
"His people didn't chant one time until he got the announcement because I was dictating."- Mundine

No, I think it had more to do with the result being a foregone conclusion. Since, you know, they were watching.

Last edited:

bellyache

Bench
Mundine was in reverse all fight and kept his back to Geale when under attack, Mundine was making sure he went the distance and was looking for a Geale mistake, but Geale is a world class fighter and did nothing wrong.... At the 6 rnd break Mundine asked his corner "what rnd is it"? Geale hurt and toyed with Mundine making him miss all the time, as his face showed and Geale looked like he could go another 12 rnds..

Micistm

Bench
Listened to THAT Mundine press conference/interview again, has just been replayed on radio with some very overjoyed Radio people...Dear Oh dear. Just a flat out unlikeable person, totally full of himself and complete lack of respect for others. Good sportsman but clearly parents did not discipline him well enough. The Liam Gallagher of sports...

drago brelli

Bench
Mundine will rebuild his career. He has chosen his next opponent. His name is Alan 'The Axe' Anderson. His from New Zealand and he works full time as a plumber. He is 43 and he hasn't had had a professional fight for six years.

Spot On

Coach

You've got it. Amatuer background and focus on winning the points and rounds. Still, would've been nice to see him ko the world's worst sport.

bellyache

Bench
Geale never shook Mundine's hand in the first bout.
Prolly cause Mundine had both hands on his c**k! Geale won that fight and was ripped.... but is better for the run, unlike Mundine who has used boxing to line his pockets without any regard or respect for boxing or anyone else in the world........ Mundine will go down as the having the most athletic mouth in the world... LOL... do they have a title for that?

Spot On

Coach
Geale is a bad sports. Mundine won the first one easily.

Are you sure?

Daniel Geale's manager Garrie Francisco believes his middleweight champion will embarrass Anthony Mundine when the pair meet in a sequel to their controversial 2009 fight that proved to be a fork in the road for both of their careers.

Boxing rumblings turned into reality late yesterday when it emerged the pair would meet early next year in a grudge match that will settle a three-year debate about the result of their previous bout, won by Mundine after a split decision in Brisbane but later reversed after an IBO review.

Since then, Geale has gone on to establish himself as a world-class fighter by winning the IBF and WBA crowns against quality German opponents Sebastian Sylvester and Felix Sturm. Mundine has had nine fights, losing one to Garth Wood and struggling to make an impact in his long-awaited foray into the American market.

bellyache

Bench
Geale is a bad sports. Mundine won the first one easily.
Iron Jaw!
images

Latest posts