What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Munsters moment he truly became a Storm player

munsterc-ten-in-the-bin_2nh_4310.jpg

Valheru

Coach
The good old NRL are back at it again.

Kicking isn't a tackle gone wrong, it is straight up assault.

Yes it was more of a love tap rather than a running start punt but surely the NRL would want to stamp down on it and at least give him a week for being a complete moron.

Valheru

Coach
How much did Friend get for his spear tackle?

Asking for a friend.

That was a one on one front on tackle with both arms wrapped around the outside of the opposition player's legs.

Happy to be proven wrong but pretty sure they are generally penalty only. It is when the opposition player as stopped forward momentum and/or arms inside of the legs that players are cited.

thorson1987

Coach
The NRL are trying to make out that they are serious about cracking down on head injuries, and yet within two week they have basically brought the shoulders charge back and gave someone who literally kicked another player in the head a tap on the wrist.

Whoever is the first person who comes out and sues the NRL for negligence, I hope they win.
Do they really think that this is what the fans want to see?

Oh yes, it was Slater who brought back the shoulder charge, not those who had successfully beaten the same charge before him.

They also gave Tamou, who dropped his knee into the broken cheek bone of another player, the same penalty as Munster.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Should have been a red card and one match ban. Wasn’t much intent in it but still a terrible look in a gf for the game. Love Munster but he needs to get his head sorted out when things are going wrong if he is to lead the team.

thorson1987

Coach
Have players who have thrown punches been suspended in the past?

How about tripping?

They changed the rules around tripping a few years back when Josh Reynolds went on his tripping spree.

Last person I remember being suspended for punching was Danny Williams but he deserved everything he got.

Don't think players have been suspended when both players have gone toe to toe.

Someguy

First Grade
Munster should have got minimum 5 weeks. Nrl is encouraging grubby play, hair pulling tripping, knees to the head of already injured players. Deliberate stupid dangerous shit! Napa has a tackle go wrong and hits a guy in the head and is gone (rightly so) yet these deliberate plays are just fines. This crap can be wiped out of the game with heavy penalties, something like the Napa situation will likely always be in the game but there is a responsibility to make it happen less frequently.

How is Munsters kick or that Brisbane grubb hair pulling any less worthy of a suspension than a water bottle being thrown or a thumb poked at a guys bum

Someguy

First Grade
Also looking at the replay, when Joey Manu tries to get around Munster, Munster cocks his leg out to bring Manu down, you cannot use your legs in a tackle.
Love they played Hit The Road Jack over the pa when Munster was leaving the field

You can use your legs in the tackle as long as hands are involved Alfie was the master of this.

Also I notice a few mentions of tupou knees in this thread for mine it’s an 8 point try just for stupidity the ball had been grounded for some time before he came in late, happens every other match and is really not a good look for the game

lazza

Juniors
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mu...nd-final-brain-explosion-20181001-p5074k.html

""There was no malice in it and I'm really sorry for what happened," Munster said."
- Last time I checked, kicking someone in the head was malicious.

""I'm not usually that type of player and I think playing in the grand final, obviously wanting to win and being a very competitive person [led to it]."
- There's the 'not his go' line but everyone here already thought he was a grub.

horrie hastings

First Grade
You can use your legs in the tackle as long as hands are involved Alfie was the master of this.

Also I notice a few mentions of tupou knees in this thread for mine it’s an 8 point try just for stupidity the ball had been grounded for some time before he came in late, happens every other match and is really not a good look for the game

You cannot use your legs in a tripping motion at any time, that’s what it looked like Munster tried to do but he either clumsily missed or pulled out at the last second. The bunker cleared Tupou, his knees were on the ground before he collected Ado Carr,not even close to an 8pt try.

Springs09

Juniors
They changed the rules around tripping a few years back when Josh Reynolds went on his tripping spree.

Last person I remember being suspended for punching was Danny Williams but he deserved everything he got.

Don't think players have been suspended when both players have gone toe to toe.

Curtis Scott and Api Koroisau were both suspended earlier this year.

Fire

First Grade

Travitoh

First Grade

Ok, have the 8 point try.
Sydney win 21-8

Latest posts