What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music Trivia Thread

carcharias

Immortal
OK ...

hmmm what won't be able to be obtained from google?

Name this man.

What 80's pop star was arrested in London for throwing a car's carburettor through a pub window and threatening other patrons with a starters pistol whilst drunk ?

hint: he was famously a teetotaller in his heyday and it happened around 2 years ago or less.

Rexxy

Coach
Adam "goody tooshues" Ant ????

carcharias said:
OK ...

hmmm what won't be able to be obtained from google?

Name this man.

What 80's pop star was arrested in London for throwing a car's carburettor through a pub window and threatening other patrons with a starters pistol whilst drunk ?

hint: he was famously a teetotaller in his heyday and it happened around 2 years ago or less.

carcharias

Immortal
Rexxy said:
Adam "goody tooshues" Ant ????

bloody hell , you must be as old as me.
well done.

"put on a little makeup , makeup"
"make sure they get your good side good side"

For those of you who are wondering what the hell this is all about.

The music for the Bowling comp on Boots and All is the adam ant song " Goody two shoes".
merkin of a song in hindsight.

go Rex.

Rexxy

Coach
bloody hell , you must be as old as me

Older. I am as old as God's dog. Although not as old as EA or Willow :)

1- The Beatles and bob dylan & the band both toured Australia in the sixties. Who or what were both missing?

2- What is Gilbert O'Sullivan's song Alone Again, Naturally about?

3 - Which English 70s artist performed his first hit dressed up in a clown's costume? He now lives in OZ

4- What do the Vines, Ed Keupper, Jeremy Oxley from the Sunny Boys and 70s pop star William Shakespeare all have in common?

5- The soundtrack on the current BMW TV commercial features a tune from what British Band. The lyric goes "a funny kind of yellow"

6- Echo Beach by Martha and the Muffins was said to be written about a small strip of beach in Burleigh Heads near the old Playroom. Acccording tot he lyrics, why is this theory not possible?

7 - How did the Ramones get their name? Hint: it had something to do with the Beatles.

carcharias

Immortal
1= drummer
2=something about being jilted at the altar?????
3=Red Symonds?
4=maybe something to do with a father being a record exec???
5=
6=Being on the East coast it's a bit hard to watch the sun go down????
7=Wasn't it either a fake name the beatles used for hotels or a beatle used for hotels?Paul Mc Cartney rings a bell.

I am not sure about any of those answers.
I wouldn't Know the make of a car if it bit me on the arse.

Rexxy

Coach
carcharias said:
1= drummer
2=something about being jilted at the altar?????
3=Red Symonds?
4=maybe something to do with a father being a record exec???
5=
6=Being on the East coast it's a bit hard to watch the sun go down????
7=Wasn't it either a fake name the beatles used for hotels or a beatle used for hotels?Paul Mc Cartney rings a bell.

I am not sure about any of those answers.
I wouldn't Know the make of a car if it bit me on the arse.

1, 6 and 7. Spot on.

1 Both Dylan and the Beatles turned up in Oz without their Drummers. Ringo was sick and Levon Helm was AWOL.

6 Correct. I'd say Echo Beach at Burleigh was named after the Martha and the Muffins song.

7. McCartney called himself Ramone in an earlier band.

Dude, good stuff. Have a go with soem questions.

And Q2 and 4 are still up for grabs.