What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muttiah Muralitharan won't come to Australia

bazza

Immortal
I saw on the news last night that Muttiah Muralitharan says he won't tour Australia because he cops too much from spectators.

Well, no matter what he decides - he certainly won't BOWL in Australia ever again

tigergal

Juniors
Muralitharan is only not bowling in Australia because he cant have the wickets here made especially for his spin and he cant get away with his chucking. im glad he isnt coming...

Matt23

Staff member
Boo hoo, poor Murali, cops some jibes from the crowd, and decides not to play here :-({|=

fish eel

Immortal
The whole chucking issue aside.....

Get a backbone son!

Could anyone imagine Sir Richard Hadlee not touring 'cause the crowd chanted hadlee's a wanker???

Or Ian Botham not touring 'cause some let a pig run on the field with is name on it???

weasel

First Grade
Well it's kinda different to being called a wanker because it's his livelihood that's being disparaged and not just some meaningless taunt. It's like publicly calling someone charged with murder but later proven innocent a 'murderer'. It's cowardly and defaming and in my opinion anyone who would go to the cricket and find it amusing to call him a chucker is pathetic.

fish eel

Immortal
That murderer parrallel is just plain ridiculous weasel.

As if a few drunks, who in paying their way into the ground paying their way into the ground pay his wages, want to have a shot, so be it.

And anyway, look where the SL tests are being played. I hardly think the darwin crowd will go off. He is just making more of an issue than there really is there. It wasnt that bad last time he toured, and the games I went to, the crowds tired of it pretty quickly.

Matt23

Staff member
Yeah the last time he was here, he was enjoying the crowds company.

CyberKev

Staff member
Weasel is correct in describing the crowd nonsense as both cowardly & defamatory, but he'd be better off just ignoring the crowd and worrying about the game.

Best to just pick up a few wickets and smile blithely at the drunken morons in the crowd... Riles them up a beauty...

The decent and genuine cricket fans don't give you any trouble and those who chant "chucker" like sheep are just knobhead losers...

Saying he won't tour here is crazy... I know I wouldn't be letting the taunts of a bland group of non-entities impact on my earning a livelihood.

CyberKev

fish eel

Immortal
Exactly right Kev.

Come out and stick it up the crowd by performing and not letting them bother him.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Exactly Kev, the crowds in India and West Indies are far worse than the crowds in Australia. Yet the players stand up for it and just play on.

Guys like McGrath, Lee and Gillespie have fielded in the deep and have copped it from crowds overseas, yet still tour.

This guy's a sook, better off not having him here anyway if he starts saying things like.

Im sure Darwin and Cairns crowds arent that bad.

Red Bear

Referee
What a whinger. If your an international cricketer you have to lern to deal with crowds and i have lost alot of respect for him over this.

broncos2008

Juniors
He wasn't merely called chucker. When he was boundary rider at the Gabba ODI against Australia, food and bottles were thrown at him

fish eel

Immortal
He is not the only one to have food and bottles thrown at him and wont be the last.

When that stuff happens, bloody oath play should be stopped and anyone seen doing it tossed out, but to suggest a tour boycott because of what might happen???

Iafeta

Referee
GoTheBears said:
What a whinger. If your an international cricket you have to lern to deal with crowds and i have lost alot of respect for him over this.

Like Merv Hughes did to that spectator in South Africa, right?

Its a pity he's not a chucker, it makes the fans look rather stupid in the end. They'll still pay the same money, still drink the same drink, but not see the same type of game which is a shame. I love how Australians in the crowd after 20 beers feel they have a better grasp of Murali's legalities than a 1000/frame per second biomechanics camera. It amazes me from that Australia still produces umpires like Darryl "Bowling Warnie" Hair if thats the case.

Anonymous

Juniors
Send him a box of tissues and a tape of the barmy army chanting 'no-ball' for every Brett Lee ball for 5 tests last year.

Get over it you gigantic sook. You're a professional sportsman and just cop it!

Some people!

Azkatro

First Grade
GoTheBears said:
What a whinger. If your an international cricket you have to lern to deal with crowds and i have lost alot of respect for him over this.

When I was a kid playing in the juniors I would dream about one day being an international cricket.

Latest posts