What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My daily drivel

Which Big 4 is better?

• Broncos

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Storms

Votes: 29 82.9%

• Total voters

God-King Dean

Immortal
If anything I feel sorry for Hayne. Look what he's working with.

Parra could do a lot worse than Barrett or Kimmorley.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Only saw the first 10 inutes. The Eels defence was sh*thouse. The Chooks are high on confidence and very good to watch though.

At 48-12, any excuses re refs or anything else is null and void. Schooling. Plain and simple.

Wonder how Rothfoeld will spin this. Its obviously nothing to do with Smiths coaching at all.........

They're peaking now, the Chooks. Still got some definciencies in defence of their own IMO. Geez, they are good to watch with the pill though.

dice

Juniors
From a neutral view the Roosters would've put a cricket score on any team tonight.

Not so sure about that. Roosters played to a game plan tonight that worked a treat against a one-trick pony.

Two years ago Smith showed everyone in the comp how to beat the Roosters when they were towelled by the Knights. The roosters never recovered as every other team copied the same tactics. Tonight he has shown everyone how to beat the Eels.

Glen

Bench
As far as people leaving early goes, you're all taking the piss. ANY home team would have a lot of people leaving early with the score like that. I stayed to the end as did many others to witness the full slaughter.

Roosters were far too good in all departments. They deserved the penalty count against them but it's a credit to how damn good they were that they could overcome it. Eels were shown up big time by a better team with supreme confidence.

As for the creator of the thread - LOL. We have a lot more to be proud of than a supporter of the cheating scum who will take home the wooden spoon. And we still flogged your disgrace of a team that was a long way over the cap so enjoy that

sarahk

Juniors
Eels are a nothing team/club. And before all the Eel supporters get on here defending their team you should have a good hard look at yourself for leaving early. You all just prove the the Eels have no place in the NRL. Shambles of a club.

Do you know what Dolly hands, i will take a good hard look at myself. Who the hell are you to tell me that i cant come on here and defend my team because i supposedly left 15 mins early. I, like many other parra fans, stayed until the very end of the game so i dont appreciate you making that generalisation based on you seeing a few people on tv leaving.

To say we are a nothing team/club is just pathetic because MANY people support this 'nothing' team club. Who are you to declare anything that anyone follows is nothing merely because a team loses or you see a few fans leaving. I wasnt happy that fans were leaving either but at the end of the day people can do what they want and no one has a right to judge. I support my team through the good and the bad, and stick with them until the end, and am sick to death of idiots like yourself that make complete fan base generalisations based on a small observation.

jdbronco

Juniors
Great performance by the roosters last night. They are definately the form team coming into the home stretch. Lets see if they can keep it up.

As for the eels. Jarrad who? His got nothing. I hate how the media talk him up. Plain Hayne as he should be known.

The Business

Juniors
Parramatta have the worst halves in the comp. They never looked threatening despite being given several piggy back penalties.

Mortimer has nothing.

thommo4pm

Coach
Can't believe people are bagging Hayne.
One man is never going to beat a quality team.

Hayne tried his backside off last night, it's the other blokes in his team who need to have a look at themselves.

What do Mortimer, Robson, Keatings x 2 actually do?
They all just pass the ball to Hayne and hope for the best.

Hayne's positional play isn't as good as it could be, but nobody can argue he didn't try his backside off.

It's purely that Hayne's performances were good enough to beat sides who wont feature prominently in the finals series, in Parra's previous wins.

saint pebba

Coach
From a neutral view the Roosters would've put a cricket score on any team tonight.

I'm not bagging the Roosters because they are in great form, but before we hype them up let's see how they go next week against a team that can tackle and a fullback that has better positioning.

Ladmate

Bench
Mortimer is a joke and he represents the geniused kid in the NRL. It amazes me that he is on 250k.

Imagine if the Roosters stopped laying around in the play the ball, then they wouldn't give away so many penalties. Eels should have been given more penalties.

I have to admit I'm confused by this rule. I think every club does it but some are better at getting away with it. That's just something we have to work on getting better at.

2 to 1 penalty counts are rarely justifiable and we get that nearly every week.

Hayne is vey poor with his positional play for a fullback.

Hayne looks good when teams hang off him , last night the Rooters aimed up on him and threw numbers at him.

Agree with a few saying the Parra halves were poor , they didnt provide many options in attack and left it to Hayne who was well contained all night

Can't believe people are bagging Hayne.
One man is never going to beat a quality team.

Hayne tried his backside off last night, it's the other blokes in his team who need to have a look at themselves.

What do Mortimer, Robson, Keatings x 2 actually do?
They all just pass the ball to Hayne and hope for the best.

Hayne's positional play isn't as good as it could be, but nobody can argue he didn't try his backside off.

It's purely that Hayne's performances were good enough to beat sides who wont feature prominently in the finals series, in Parra's previous wins.

I think it's because he gets all the credit when they're doing well, as a result people take the opportunity to kick a man while he's down. Hayne did give it a red hot go last night but didn't do himself any favours with his little plane dance when well behind on the scoreboard. He didn't look that enthused when doing it however.

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
I dont know why people are abusing the eels and getting annoyed ect ect , i love the fact they got hammerd infront of the there rent a crowd , ps there coach is one of the worst to have control of a NRL team.
Oh and for sidenotes sakes , mortimer LOL

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The only reason Hayne cops it so much when Parra lose is because of the ridiculous wankfest that occurs when they win a few games in a row.

Everything that goes up has to come crashing down sooner or later.

thommo4pm

Coach
I think it's because he gets all the credit when they're doing well, as a result people take the opportunity to kick a man while he's down. Hayne did give it a red hot go last night but didn't do himself any favours with his little plane dance when well behind on the scoreboard. He didn't look that enthused when doing it however.

I don't disagree with that, and I'd be inclined to give Hayne a serve also if he didn't play well.
But he did last night(as you have also stated), it got to the point where I actually felt sorry for him. He was doing all the attack for Parra and was doing all the chasing on your teams line breaks.

Agree, he probably shouldn't have done the plane thing, but as you said he didn't look that keen to do it.

dollyhands

Juniors
Do you know what Dolly hands, i will take a good hard look at myself. Who the hell are you to tell me that i cant come on here and defend my team because i supposedly left 15 mins early. I, like many other parra fans, stayed until the very end of the game so i dont appreciate you making that generalisation based on you seeing a few people on tv leaving.

To say we are a nothing team/club is just pathetic because MANY people support this 'nothing' team club. Who are you to declare anything that anyone follows is nothing merely because a team loses or you see a few fans leaving. I wasnt happy that fans were leaving either but at the end of the day people can do what they want and no one has a right to judge. I support my team through the good and the bad, and stick with them until the end, and am sick to death of idiots like yourself that make complete fan base generalisations based on a small observation.
Have a cry and go tell someone who cares like the eels piss poor supporters. This thread seems about 2 thirds done, time for you to leave early isn't it:lol: