What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My daily drivel

Which Big 4 is better?

• Broncos

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Storms

Votes: 29 82.9%

• Total voters

Loudstrat

Coach
Interesting to on the expansion bids.. Perth out in front by what this says.
No - it's referring to the position atm -not a new revelation. Perth is second to the Bears.

I always thought it would be a great idea to have a well known afl player at Melbourne, I would have liked to seen Storm snatch up Wayne Carey years back when he left the AFL. Everyone thought that was garbage at the time.. but it would bring some crowds in down in Melbourne.
Who cares how they play.. it woudl be worth the exposure.
Is the Storm need a stupid gimmick like that then lets fold them. We were always told that we only need to build AAMI and Melbourne would suddenly get more crowds than every Sydney club. Now they need a stupid gimmick.

Would the crowds all walk out when Carey has let in 3 tries and got carried off after 10 minutes?
The best guy i reckon the NRL should target.. the one that would lift this comp would be.. there CEO Andrew Demetriou. Throw 6 mil at him :p
Great. We'll spend millions recruiting Roger Federer. Then we'll send Fatty Vautin to Singapore as coach of a new NRL side that we say they want.

Lest waste money to incorporate every brainless Victorian gimp into the code. :roll:

[
Natainui%204.jpg

http://thm-a03.yimg.com/nimage/58adf768624216a2
58adf768624216a2

She'd be tougher.

but it'll cost you over $2million to get your company name on it!
Waste of money. A little badge on a jumper that is only seen by people in 3 states?

Coaster

Bench
If and a big IF, we did this, we should not target Ablet.

The best option would be to target Akamanis

1. we would get him for bugger all
2. he has the biggest mouth of everyone, and is listened to by every AFL junkie, whether they admit it or not.
3. He has followed league, and is a possibility
4. he has a vendetta against the code
5. if he dies "he dies"

I am not sure if we should do this, i say "no", but there may be some merit in it.

In saying that, i never followed Union because of Rogers Sailor ect, but i did turn it on for a few minutes at the start of there time there. You will not convert AFL fans to League, exactly like AFL wont convert League fans with Falou and Hunt, there may be a moment of interest, but there will be more anger directed at the sport IMO, for treating fans like brain dead groupies

jim_57

Staff member
The best possible signing for the Reds in 2013 would be Karmichael Hunt IMO. Use the AFL's own hand moulded publicity tool against them on their own turf.

Perth Red

Post Whore
1. cutie (AFL)
2. B Goodwin (WA)
3. Jake Webster (SL)
4. Michael Jennings (NRL)
5. Peter Fox (UK SL)
6. Tomkins (UK SL)
7. Michael Dobson (SL)
8. James Graham (UK SL)
9. Daniel Holdsworth (WA SL)
10. J. Saffy (RU)
11. C. Patterson (Capt) (WA)
12. Jon Green (WA)
13. SBW (RU)

14. J Lima (SL)
15. D Johnson (SL)
16. R Hoffman (SL)
17. G Eastwood (SL)

adamkungl

Immortal
You put Gary Ablett Jnr in a Storm jersey.. and AAMI Park would be sold out week in week out no matter how he plays..

No wonder AFL have wasted millions on League players. They obviously think the rest of the country is as f**king geniused as Victorians.

Loudstrat

Coach
YEah - tell AFL we are another code that cannot produce our own without pinching publicity players

I can remember stories of when the original Reds bought MG. His reputation caused more chatter in Perth than any big name cross code steal could have done.

We breed - and keep - enough class in our own code. I say give 'em Gallen.

jim_57

Staff member
YEah - tell AFL we are another code that cannot produce our own without pinching publicity players

I can remember stories of when the original Reds bought MG. His reputation caused more chatter in Perth than any big name cross code steal could have done.

We breed - and keep - enough class in our own code. I say give 'em Gallen.

:-s :roll:

No pleasing you is there?

We did produce Karmichael Hunt and the fact that the AFL has made him into a publicity player is just gravy. FFS the AFL stole him of the NRL but if the Red's were to get him back it would be a "player pinch for publicity"... Ofcourse it would! what the hell is wrong with that though?

They can have more than one high profile player so "give" 'em Gallen aswell.

Loudstrat

Coach
What's wrong with that? The cost. $1 million buying back a twat worth $300k max - and with diminished League skills. Or a $1 million ad campaign. Keep cutie and ring Singo.

The best player in the game should earn the big bikkies - not the thick moron from another code with a greedy manager. Israel is on a hiding to nothing and the poor dumb kid cannot see it. Jaslousy among better AFL players at his wage, anger from League players at his defection, coupled with on field lack of success at the level he is used to.

The only thing saving the Titans arse was signing 1) Prince - a high profile premiership winning skipper and top halfback, and 2) Campbell, a very popular utility with a ton of cred.

If they had signed some wanker from another code as their marquee signing there is no way they would have netted the likes of Bailey, Laffranchi, Mini or Rogers.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
What's wrong with that? The cost. $1 million buying back a twat worth $300k max - and with diminished League skills. Or a $1 million ad campaign. Keep cutie and ring Singo.

The best player in the game should earn the big bikkies - not the thick moron from another code with a greedy manager. Israel is on a hiding to nothing and the poor dumb kid cannot see it. Jaslousy among better AFL players at his wage, anger from League players at his defection, coupled with on field lack of success at the level he is used to.

The only thing saving the Titans arse was signing 1) Prince - a high profile premiership winning skipper and top halfback, and 2) Campbell, a very popular utility with a ton of cred.

If they had signed some wanker from another code as their marquee signing there is no way they would have netted the likes of Bailey, Laffranchi, Mini or Rogers.

There would be no point in the Titans signing someone from another code because they are already familiar with Rugby League players.

People of the Gold Coast would be more interested in the Suns signing Hunt then Gary Ablet, obviously.

The Hunt to the Reds idea is brilliant because a) He is a great League player and b) he will be a familiar face with AFL fans too after a couple of years, so the attention will be similar to what it was with Hunt going to AFL.

And if Prince and Campbell are saving the Titans, what the hell is saving Cronulla???

jim_57

Staff member

You seriously think the AFL will renew his contract for 1million? Unless he sets the game on fire they won't offer anywhere near that once his current contract ends.

Again they can have mopre then one "star" signing, I think they'd be able to get cutie for about 500k which he is worth IMO, maybe 6/700,000 tops, still leaves plenty when you take into account the salary cap should have risen by then. Something like this would be reasonably realistic IMO:

1. K Hunt
2. Bryson Goodwin
3. JJ Parker (PNG centre)
4. M King
5. Bronx Goodwin
6. S Tomkins
7. M Witt
8. M O'Meley
9. C Smith
10. J Poore
11. C Patterson
12. J Tomkins
13. R Maitua

14. D Holdsworth
15. J Green
16. R Tandy
17. D Carlaw

Finish the squad off with some solid players and most importantly a couple of WA juniors.

Latest posts