What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My QLD Team

Mr Saab

Referee
dazza62 said:
1.Bowen
2.Slater
3.Inglis
4.Hodges
5.Bell
6.Locky
7.J.T
8.Civo
9Smith
10.Price
11.Crocker
12Thiaday
13.Johnson
14Berrigan
15/16.Ross or Kafusi
16/17.Carlaw or M. Scott(both playing well at the moment)

I think Hodges & Inglis would be unstoppable in the centres,if the forwards got a roll on.

Swap Bowen for Hunt and you have a team that will dominate every game and win 3-0 ;-)

This yr Charlie ,Bowen stops tries & scores them . cutie is a turnstile.
Quite happy with the team i picked, no room for overated passengers.

beads6

First Grade
my team for first origin-

1. Hunt
2. Inglis
3. Hodges
4. Tonga
5. Slater
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniecieva
11.Crocker
12.Webb
13.Johnson

14.Thaiday
15.Berrigan
16.Costigan
17.Ross

Bowen will not be selected so those of you who think he will are kidding yourself. Hunt is playing out of his skin at the moment and he will only get better.

beads6 said:
my team for first origin-

1. Hunt
2. Inglis
3. Hodges
4. Tonga
5. Slater
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniecieva
11.Crocker
12.Webb
13.Johnson

14.Thaiday
15.Berrigan
16.Costigan
17.Ross

Bowen will not be selected so those of you who think he will are kidding yourself. Hunt is playing out of his skin at the moment and he will only get better.

You are a comic genius..he is so far out of his skin he has missed 12 tackles out of 27 in rd 2 & 3.
Most tackle busts. Bowen 2nd on 18
cutie not in the top 11

Most mtrs gained Bowen 8th on 463 mtrs
cutie not in top 10

most line breaks Bowen 2nd on 5
cutie not in top 5

Source RLW 4/4/07
Looks like Mr Saab & Lockyno 1 have a new memeber for the cutie masturbation society.

beads6

First Grade
Bowen knows he won't be picked. He is to small, did you watch origin last year?? Yes he is in good form and he is a very good player but there is no room in the team for him.

Mr Saab

Referee
dazza62 said:
[/b]
You are a comic genius..he is so far out of his skin he has missed 12 tackles out of 27 in rd 2 & 3.
Most tackle busts. Bowen 2nd on 18
cutie not in the top 11

Most mtrs gained Bowen 8th on 463 mtrs
cutie not in top 10

most line breaks Bowen 2nd on 5
cutie not in top 5

Source RLW 4/4/07
Looks like Mr Saab & Lockyno 1 have a new memeber for the cutie masturbation society.

You base it all on stats.
I thought you had some clue.
You are an amateur

Pistol

Coach
beads6 said:
Bowen knows he won't be picked. He is to small, did you watch origin last year?? Yes he is in good form and he is a very good player but there is no room in the team for him.

bowen is too small, yet you picked billy slater in ur side,

Mr Saab said:
You base it all on stats.
I thought you had some clue.
You are an amateur

After bowen was criticised on here for not taking bombs & not being able to tackle..& cutie was acclaimed as a great defensive player & brilliant under the bomb ,then yes stats do come into it when someone who is supposed to be good defensively misses so many tackles.
What else do you base it on ... Combination with Locky .. Well at the moment the Thurston /Bowen combo is producing more results than the locky/cutie combo.
Talking... All fullbacks talk ,point & tell their players where to go in defence
What else charlie....running the ball back.. alots of the time bowen passes it. but i have seen Hunt do it to.Bowen usually picks his time to run it back if the defensive line isn't straight.
What else ?

lionheart008

Juniors
1.Hunt
2.Slater
3.Inglis
4.Hodges
5.Tate
6.Lockyer
7.Thurston
8.Civo
9.Smith
10.Price
11.Webb
12.Thaiday
13.Carroll
14.Berrigan
15.Crocker
16.Kafusi
17.Johnson

Thanks for coming NSW!

Mr Saab

Referee
In your mind that might play a major part, but the people that count...the selectors, they wont be overly concerned.
If stats played a major part then dean collis would have been picked over mark gasnier 2006.

Pigskin

Juniors
lionheart008 said:
1.Hunt
2.Slater
3.Inglis
4.Hodges
5.Tate
6.Lockyer
7.Thurston
8.Civo
9.Smith
10.Price
11.Webb
12.Thaiday
13.Carroll
14.Berrigan
15.Crocker
16.Kafusi
17.Johnson

Thanks for coming NSW!

Sub-consciously I have been worried about our pack while thinking our backline is gonna carve up NSW

For the first time this year I take a peak at this thread and there was no need to worry at all

I agree with the entire team above however with Webb out of action with his broken jaw, Ben Ross moves onto the bench and Crocker or Johnson move into the starting line up.

Inglis and Tate, presuming they play same side of the field - Inglis defuses the cross field bombs and I believe Tate to be the marginally better defender at this point anyway ... they switch in defence deep in our half, not that we will be there often.

If Johnson starts on the bench, he comes on after 20 mins and plays the entire last 60. Giving the big men more rotation. Myles rose to the mythical 10 feet tall last year and no reason why he wouldn't again if called on. Carlaw, for the first time in ages is playing great and Matt Scott has a future in Origin imho ... presuming he is young. With these 3 not even making my team, the big man department is in great shape. They would be my backups in that order - Myles, Carlaw, Scott

Add to all this John's neck problems, it seriously is the first time in ages where we really should win the series 3-0 and if we don't, we will have played badly or been poorly coached.

And the fact that we have a superior goal-kicker now, in Thurston ... the blues won't pick El Masri ... I challenge anybody to mount a case how we can be beaten in 2007 without tons of injuries between now and then.

And I got a plum seat at Suncorp for both games this year for Christmas, I think it cost like $300 or something :)

Oink !

Pigskin

Juniors
oh, and yes, we need about 8 injuries to the backline for Bowen to get a start for all the reasons above, he is no hope

Oink !

Mal Meninga

Bench
If costigan can stop knocking on he'd have to be a chance with his agro style. Covers backrow and hooker which is a bonus. Matt Scott looked like a once in a decade type prop at the start of last season, has he reclaimed that form?

Pigskin

Juniors
oh and one other thing ...

It is my opinion that Hunt will captain Australia one day.

You heard here first at the Piggery

Oink !

Pigskin

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:
If costigan can stop knocking on he'd have to be a chance with his agro style. Covers backrow and hooker which is a bonus. Matt Scott looked like a once in a decade type prop at the start of last season, has he reclaimed that form?

Costigan wouldn't get a gig if another Super League war broke out and Fatty needed forwards. If the yellow pages was the list, he'd be at the back.

Not uncommon for first year props to struggle to play at a high level for an entire season. Matt Scott is going reasonable right now imho.

Oink !

icewind

Juniors
the guys like scott and stagg may have to prove themselves again after game 1 last year when they were overawed.

icewind

Juniors
just can't stop thinking the state of our forward pack and the agro we gonna have.

Civeno
Crocker
Carroll
Webb
Johnson
Thaiday

vs

mason
bailey
creagh
omeley
maitua

beads6

First Grade
Pistol said:
bowen is too small, yet you picked billy slater in ur side,

Slater weighs at least 10kgs more I would think. At the end of the day Bowen won't get picked simple as that.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Pigskin said:
Costigan wouldn't get a gig if another Super League war broke out and Fatty needed forwards. If the yellow pages was the list, he'd be at the back.
If Stagg can get a gig, i'm sure Costigan can. Meninga came to Canberra telling him he's very much in the frame but needed around 70 minutes a game along with good form to ensure a spot. What exactly don't you like about his game which makes him worthless at origin level? To me his aggression would be perfect off the bench if he can control both that and the footy.

Also it wasn't Scott's rookie season last year.

Latest posts