What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Team for 2010

Cagey Mac

Bench
I was (3) Boyd by consistent performance with the season somewhat (6) Soward by our abrupt departure, still we are a relatively (13) Young side. Bennett will show us the (10) Weyman. He doesn’t have a (8) Greenfield to work with but with this year with (14) Prior experience we’re more than in the (15) Hunt and will tune the team up and have them singing like a (1) Nightingale.

Sticking with the current lineup given the last few rounds is probably a little (12) Creaghzy and I don’t want to raise (17) Costigan but if we have a (5) Penny Tagive or (2) Morris needed to keep the bulk of the team together we wont have to execute a (4) Cooper the Sharks or Manly to rid ourselves of unwanted CEO’s.

I’m no (11) wordSmith and didn’t think that I could get through this (16) Scott free but I grabbed the bull by the (9) Hornby for I thought of it. I wonder if Bennett will have as much trouble fitting (7) Henry into the team as I did.

Last edited:

Godz Illa

Coach
I expect Boyd to remain at fullback, and I agree with it. He's our safest option back there, his kick return metres and tackle breaks on kick return are among the best in the league. Consider also that it was his first full season in the role,and he had to contend with a hectic (maxed-out) representative schedule including a World Cup at the end of 08, the Anzac Test, and 3 Origins. Big task but he still produced great numbers and very good performances.

I'd have Tagive in the mix for the right centre spot

The Nick

Bench
I expect Boyd to remain at fullback, and I agree with it. He's our safest option back there, his kick return metres and tackle breaks on kick return are among the best in the league. Consider also that it was his first full season in the role,and he had to contend with a hectic (maxed-out) representative schedule including a World Cup at the end of 08, the Anzac Test, and 3 Origins. Big task but he still produced great numbers and very good performances.

x2

Bath's Babes

Juniors
I was (3) Boyd by consistent performance with the season somewhat (6) Soward by our abrupt departure, still we are a relatively (13) Young side. Bennett will show us the (10) Weyman. He doesn’t have a (8) Greenfield to work with but with this year with (14) Prior experience we’re more than in the (15) Hunt and will tune the team up and have them singing like a (1) Nightingale.

Sticking with the current lineup given the last few rounds is probably a little (12) Creaghzy and I don’t want to raise (17) Costigan but if we have a (5) Penny Tagive or (2) Morris needed to keep the bulk of the team together we wont have to execute a (4) Cooper the Sharks or Manly to rid ourselves of unwanted CEO’s.

I’m no (11) wordSmith and didn’t think that I could get through this (16) Scott free but I grabbed the bull by the (9) Hornby for I thought of it. I wonder if Bennett will have as much trouble fitting (7) Henry into the team as I did.

Thanks for the chuckle, but St Benny promised Boyd a fullback spot to come south of the border with him and he will be true to his word.

Cagey Mac

Bench

I agree Godzy with all that you say and the workload considerations may mitigate what in my perception is that he doesn't seem to read the play in attack and when he does inject himself into the attacking line he's not that effective and pretty one dimensional
On Hornby at 9; I reckon his style of attack and his ability to get off the line quickly (I'd say the fastest in the team) in defence would be really suited to a modern-day hooking role. Henry would be a perfect foil for Soward with a size, speed and an excellent kicking (both long an short game). Tagive at right centre would be an interesting proposition with Lett or Nighty outside (or dare I say even Boyd)

Last edited:

watatank

Coach
Nightingale at fullback is a nice thought, but it's not going to happen. Boyd will be there and really he's the best option there.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
good work cagey...

i started reading it and thought it would dragon, but it was short, sharp and to the point.

big_dell

Juniors
1. Boyd
2. Morris
3. Scott
4. Cooper
5. Nightingale
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Prior/ Smith
9. Fien
10. Weyman
11. Prior / Smith/ Young
12. Creagh
13. Young/ Smith/ Prior

14. Hunt
15. Costigan
16. Henry
17. Tagive/ Greenfield/ Green

Cagey Mac

Bench
1. Boyd
2. Morris
3. Scott
4. Cooper
5. Nightingale
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Prior/ Smith
9. Fien
10. Weyman
11. Prior / Smith/ Young
12. Creagh
13. Young/ Smith/ Prior

14. Hunt
15. Costigan
16. Henry
17. Tagive/ Greenfield/ Green

You are conspicuous by your absence
And Muz It would be Green of me to Fein an attempt at being succinct and then Lett myself ramble on like some drunken Sailor. I think that I’m a little more Saffy than that. It would pyrrhic Vickery at best

jpaciocco91

Juniors
You are conspicuous by your absence
And Muz It would be Green of me to Fein an attempt at being succinct and then Lett myself ramble on like some drunken Sailor. I think that I’m a little more Saffy than that. It would pyrrhic Vickery at best

:lol::lol::lol:

Bring back choc

Juniors

Yeh Boyd is a huge attacking weapon at fullback, scored so may tries this year.....

Great call mate....

Fair dinkum.

He wont be dropped from the test team for nothing. He's a winger. Dell should have been on the bench.

Craig Johnston

First Grade

:lol: that was pretty good work mate :clap:

RedVDave

First Grade
1. Nightingale
2. Boyd
3. Tagive / Sailor
4. Cooper
5. Morris
6. Soward
7. Hornby (c)
8. Greenfield
9. Priddis
10. Weyman
11. Smith
12. Creagh
13. Young

14. Scott
15. Costigan
16. Prior
17. Fien

Last edited:

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
The love for Young on this forum is a joke.

11.Scott
12.Creagh
13.Smith

If he can't make the bench he can't make the team. Scott is the fittest bloke at the club no reason he can't play 80 minutes or close too.

Bring back choc

Juniors
I think Bennett will do the following:

1. Nightingale
2. Morris
3. Boyd
4. Cooper
5. Tagive
6. Soward
7. Hornby/Henry/Fien
8. Greenfield
9. Fien/Hornby
10. Weyman
11. Smith
12. Creagh
13. Scott

14. Costigan
15. Sailor/Young (only cos he's a protected species)
16. saffy/Hunt (we have nobody else)
17. Merrin

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
I think Bennett will do the following:

1. Nightingale
2. Morris
3. Boyd
4. Cooper
5. Tagive
6. Soward
7. Hornby/Henry/Fien
8. Greenfield
9. Fien/Hornby
10. Weyman
11. Smith
12. Creagh
13. Scott

14. Costigan
15. Sailor/Young (only cos he's a protected species)
16. saffy/Hunt (we have nobody else)
17. Merrin

I know we have signed this Greenfield kid but does he warrant a spot in our team straight away and especially a starting spot? He is pretty much a nobody isnt he? I would think that Weyman, Hunt, Saffy, Green and Merrin would all be in front of him.

Patto

Juniors
I know we have signed this Greenfield kid but does he warrant a spot in our team straight away and especially a starting spot? He is pretty much a nobody isnt he? I would think that Weyman, Hunt, Saffy, Green and Merrin would all be in front of him.

Apparently Souths had huge wraps on this guy but he's been out injured for most of the season. I hear he's a big guy with terrific balls skills, lets hope this is true...

Doug2234

First Grade
Apparently Souths had huge wraps on this guy but he's been out injured for most of the season. I hear he's a big guy with terrific balls skills, lets hope this is true...

Yeah but he was 192cm / 109kg earlier in the year. Not sure what he is running at now since being layed up with injury.

He is still green but. Only played 25 First Grade games over a 7 year career since starting at Cronulla in 04. I dont know if he is the best signing as he has very little football in 7 years.

Last edited:

Cagey Mac

Bench
Yeah but he was 192cm / 109kg earlier in the year. Not sure what he is running at now since being layed up with injury.

He is still green but. Only played 25 First Grade games over a 7 year career since starting at Cronulla in 04. I dont know if he is the best signing as he has very little football in 7 years.

This is pretty much what was said about Michael Weyman at the same time last year
We have Jeremy Hickmans on board now who must rate as one of the best in the industry
He’ll have Greenfield in top gear from the getgo. I have rated this guy very highly from the moment that I first saw him and honestly believe that this time next year that he’ll be seen as more damaging than Weyman or Frank

Cagey Mac

Bench

Isn't that 6 years BTW?