What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My thoughts on Roosters in the Test match.

Big Poppa Pump

Juniors
Yeah, it's a few days after the event but here 'tis anyway.

The Moth - I thought he went OK. Did some tidy cleaning up of a few loose balls & some kicks through. Made a great break, dropped a pass. Fluttered about in his heart attack manner. He was very heavily marked.

Latino Heat - again showed his defensive inadequacies. They attacked down his side all game. Nearly scored a try. Last Test he'll play.

Cleo - had his brilliance dulled by Kimmorley. He made a few customary dashes from dummy half but was reasonably quiet by his high standards - blame that little pryck Noddy.

Magnet - I heard some soft coq on the radio bagging him today. He tackled his guts out & gave 110%. Score would have been more without him although he did fall off Toopi when he scored his second try.

Moondoggie - the Kiwi's belted him every time he got the ball. He tackled hard & kicked well but he was very effectively shut down in attack.

Caveman - by far & away the best Rooster on the field & in my opinion the most improved prop in the game. He ran hard & hit even harder. He makes his brother look like a corpulent sack of pus. He is only young & will rise to superstar status in a year or two.

A few comments on some others;

Lockyer - played like the over rated ponce he is. Showed his lack of ticker when he let Kimmorley run the show.

Sing - slow & fat. Did bugger all.

Noddy - annoying little bastard. Poor kicking game. Unofficial captain. Andersons bumboy.

Buderus - got hit hard by Betham & had a little lie down. I thought that was funny.

Kearns - joke.

Webcke - gave his all as usual.

Mason - gutless, fuqed up afro wearing show pony.

Vilasanti - I felt sorry for him. He appeared out of his depth & unwilling to belt his Warrior mates. Opes did not give him a go.

Gower - shafted.

The Poms will flog us.

Fibroman

First Grade
Doesn't matter how the roosters players go, if Anderson doesn't start Gower in front of Kimmorley, then we will get belted by the Poms. Lewis should be starting in front of Sing also.

The Poms have got some good players in their side. They will test us if the selectors and Anderson don't get fair dinkum and put the best 17 players out there.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Yeah Pump a pretty good summary.

I thought the Moth looked pretty slow (too much drinking and the product of a long hard season) but still played ok.

Latino's defense the same as always :oops:

I thought Cleo did ok Noddy made sure he hardly saw the ball which I expected...I noticed both Noddy and Lockyer cut him out numerous times.

Anyways I thought all our forwards were great...tried very hard.

Your right Caveman played excellent and I thought Webcke was fantastic.

Gower should have more game time....singy should have stopped I think it was Toopi.

Anyway pretty sad performance from the Oz boys.

salivor

First Grade
Lockyer - played like the over rated ponce he is. Showed his lack of ticker when he let Kimmorley run the show.

Good one buddy, just managed to destroy the whole credibility of your post in two sentances.

Big Poppa Pump

Juniors
salivor said:

Good one buddy, just managed to destroy the whole credibility of your post in two sentances.

Firstly I'm not your buddy & secondly I couldn't give two f**ks what a sad little administrator on a second rate web site thinks.

Kaz

junior
Big Poppa Pump

Am I reading your thread correctly.

I get the impression that you would like all Roosters players in the Aussie side apart from Webcke. :D

melon....

Coach
Kaz said:
Big Poppa Pump

I get the impression that you would like all Roosters players in the Aussie side apart from Webcke. :D
NOt what he said...just called it as it was. Yes, Lockyer and Mason played like soft cocks.

Jamiroquai

Juniors
Kaz said:
Big Poppa Pump

SO !! :shock: is this the Roosters site ? :shock:

Kaz

junior
melon.... said:
Kaz said:
Big Poppa Pump

NOt what he said...just called it as it was. Yes, Lockyer and Mason played like soft cocks.

Lockyer was just copying the way Mini played in the Grand Final. :lol:

melon....

Coach
Kaz said:
melon.... said:
Kaz said:
Big Poppa Pump

Lockyer was just copying the way Mini played in the Grand Final. :lol:
Nah...Balding Retread did a better job of it...must be his 10 years experience in the position. Just makes you realise without Taquiri and Hello Sailor there to keep the defence guessing, the Balding Retread is pretty flat.

salivor

First Grade
Big poppa pompous - You have about the maturity of a 3 year old with that kind of reaction.

Melon - Flat? He has one bad test and suddenly hes flat, thats about as intelligent as the people who wrote him off after his debut. Its funny how Brisbane only win 30% of their games without him, must just be a coincidence. What an over-rated ponce :lol: .

Jamiroquai

Juniors
salivor said:
Big poppa pompous - You have about the maturity of a 3 year old with that kind of reaction.

Melon - Flat? He has one bad test and suddenly hes flat, thats about as intelligent as the people who wrote him off after his debut. Its funny how Brisbane only win 30% of their games without him, must just be a coincidence. What an over-rated ponce :lol: .

Yea !! Loki Would have to be the worlds best player on the paddock now and probably better than most players when thay are all playing ! Including Billion dollar Bradly

Broncos Rule ..........

RoostarGirl

Juniors
salivor said:

Sal your taking it way out of proportion :roll: ...Did Pump actually go into the Broncos section of this website and call him a ponce???

I reckon Lockyer is a great guy and a great player...but he didn't have his best game, you would have to admit that...maybe Captaincy doesn't suit him....not all players play well when they Captain a side....who cares.

Get over it the Roosters fans cop heaps more stick than Brisbane.....thank yourselves lucky you weren't very successful this year.

salivor

First Grade
RoostarGirl said:
salivor said:

Sal your taking it way out of proportion :roll: ...Did Pump actually go into the Broncos section of this website and call him a ponce???

I reckon Lockyer is a great guy and a great player...but he didn't have his best game, you would have to admit that...maybe Captaincy doesn't suit him....not all players play well when they Captain a side....who cares.

Get over it the Roosters fans cop heaps more stick than Brisbane.....thank yourselves lucky you weren't very successful this year.

What has the Broncos section got to do with the price of fish? I know you guys like to baricade yourselves within your own Roosters world but it doesn't matter where the comment was made. I don't regard the Broncos forum as a safety net for me to bag off opposition players just as this place isn't a safety net for Roosters fans.

As for not playing well with the captaincy, I think you might want to rethink that. Lockyer played his best football in the 2001 State of Origin series as a first time Queensland captain. Captaining the Broncos when Tallis has been injured or off the field has never phased him. He didn't have a great game on the weekend and I haven't contested that, I've only contested the stupid over-rated remark which got the ball rolling.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
salivor said:
RoostarGirl said:
salivor said:

What has the Broncos section got to do with the price of fish? I know you guys like to baricade yourselves within your own Roosters world but it doesn't matter where the comment was made. I don't regard the Broncos forum as a safety net for me to s**g off opposition players just as this place isn't a safety net for Roosters fans.

As for not playing well with the captaincy, I think you might want to rethink that. Lockyer played his best football in the 2001 State of Origin series as a first time Queensland captain. Captaining the Broncos when Tallis has been injured or off the field has never phased him. He didn't have a great game on the weekend and I haven't contested that, I've only contested the stupid over-rated remark which got the ball rolling.

Look Sal I am a respectful Rooster fan....I come in here I do my bit and hang out in the forums 7's and I leave every day and I don't bother visiting other parts of the website footy related because people give the Roosters of all teams the worst time. I don't like reading so I don't bother...maybe you should adopt my attitude.

I don't cause trouble I dont go looking for trouble...and lucky for me when people say things about my team I have learnt to blow them off.

I see Pumps comments as fair and reasonable in light of the game Lockyer had...even you agree he didnt have his best game.

Now OK I am stupid for thinking that maybe the AUSTRALIAN CAPTAINCY got to him.....well I suppose your entitled to that opinion. Maybe I am wrong...so what was it then??? has he lost some spark???

Now as for PUMP he's a good bloke he is part of our Forums Team and if you don't like him then ignore his posts.

We all have to learn to live with each other :roll:

You are a moderator oops correction Administrator...and I expect better behaviour from you....calling him pumpous.....now look who needs to grow up :roll: You should lead by example like Lockyer!!!!!!! ;-)

Jamiroquai

Juniors
RoostarGirl said:
salivor said:
RoostarGirl said:
salivor said:

What has the Broncos section got to do with the price of fish? I know you guys like to baricade yourselves within your own Roosters world but it doesn't matter where the comment was made. I don't regard the Broncos forum as a safety net for me to s**g off opposition players just as this place isn't a safety net for Roosters fans.

Look Sal I am a respectful Rooster fan....I come in here I do my bit and hang out in the forums 7's and I leave every day and I don't bother visiting other parts of the website footy related because people give the Roosters of all teams the worst time. I don't like reading so I don't bother...maybe you should adopt my attitude.

I don't cause trouble I dont go looking for trouble...and lucky for me when people say things about my team I have learnt to blow them off.

I see Pumps comments as fair and reasonable in light of the game Lockyer had...even you agree he didnt have his best game.

Now OK I am stupid for thinking that maybe the AUSTRALIAN CAPTAINCY got to him.....well I suppose your entitled to that opinion. Maybe I am wrong...so what was it then??? has he lost some spark???

Now as for PUMP he's a good bloke he is part of our Forums Team and if you don't like him then ignore his posts.

You are a moderator oops correction Administrator...and I expect better behaviour from you....calling him pumpous.....now look who needs to grow up :roll: You should lead by example like Lockyer!!!!!!! ;-)

Credability seems to be in fairly short supply here ? maybe I need to go to a broncos site ? :? :? :?

Salivor, everything that 8) has said I back her 150%. We are all here to enjoy each others company and participate in the forum 7's. If you don't like our comments then ignore them, but don't jump down our thoats for our opinions.

:x :x :x

salivor

First Grade
RoostarGirl said:
salivor said:
RoostarGirl said:
salivor said:

I hate to tell you RoostarGirl but being an admin I don't have the luxery of isolating myself in the Broncos forum and pretending everything is rosey in the world. I like to visit as many sections as I can and I like a bit of banter with opposition fans, how some of you have managed to stay sane locking yourself up in Roosters matters defies belief.

How is calling Lockyer an overrated ponce reasonble because of one game? Walker and Minichiello had terrible Grand Final performances, have they lost their spark? I don't think so. Lockyer has captained, his club, state and country, I hardly think the bloke is over awed with the captaincy.

As for Pump, if he wants to make stupid comments, I'll pull him up. Its called debate and its what makes forums function. It isn't all nicities on forums, its the debate between contrasting opinions which keeps most interested and coming back.

As for pompous, you might want to see that he called me saliva, but we've already established that you are a very good selective reader ignoring one whole side :lol: . As an admin, I post within the guidelines like every other member should, I've never apologised for my sometimes abrasive posting style and at times have been asked to curb it and have obliged. You are quite welcome to make a complaint about me to another mod or admin as contrary to belief, I'm open to constuctive critism.

salivor

First Grade
Penelope Pittstop said:
Salivor, everything that 8) has said I back her 150%. We are all here to enjoy each others company and participate in the forum 7's. If you don't like our comments then ignore them, but don't jump down our thoats for our opinions.

:x :x :x

I hate to break it to you but others are here to debate. I know you all want a lovey dovey forum but thats unrealistic.

Latest posts