What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name two players from the Rugby World Cup that you would love to see in the NRL

bondy064

Juniors
Name two players from the Rugby World Cup that you would love to see in the NRL and two players from the NRL to play rugby??

Play NRL
Mitch O'Connor - great skills, quick and tuff
Quade Cooper - see him get smashed every week cause he can't hide

Play Rugby
Justin Hodges - cause im sick of seeing him do grubby things
Steve Matai - The trainer could follow him around easier in Rugby

Matt23

Staff member
Play NRL :
James O'Conner
Digby Ioane

Play Yawnion:
Kris Keating, he'd be a walk up start for the Waratards & Wannabe's
Adrian Purtell, he'd be provide some much needed spark to the Wannabe's backline :sarcasm:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Brian O'Driscoll and Israel Dagg. I only watched tonights game in full, and fleeting glimpses of the rest. But i like Dagg and O'Driscoll is someone i think has always been wasted in Union.

Only player i wouldnt miss is Matai.

simmo1

First Grade
Would only take Ioane and O'Connor from the Wallabies.

I don't watch a lot of the other countries play, but Dagg impressed me tonight.

Butters

Bench
Play League :
Sergio Parisse (Italian captain/ no.8) - Probably the most skilled forward in rugby, pity most of the other italian players are so bad. He'd carve up as a prop/2nd row in league.
Digby Ioane (Wallaby wing) - Breaks tackles all over the place, would be a gun anywhere in a league backline.

Play Union:
Greg Inglis - Play him at outside centre with the amount of space the backline in union get compared to in league and it'd be glorious. It's a shame he's limited to one side of the field in league.
Adam Blair - Apparently he's a bit of a grub according to most on here, he'd have lots of fun playing union if thats the case.

hellteam

First Grade
Most of the All Blacks backs would be good league players, Dagg especially. Would also take Kahui, Nonu, Cruden, Weepu.

from Australia... Kurtley Beale - don't think he would be that great though

aqua_duck

Coach
Toby Feratau (Wales) big, strong young Tongan kid, would make a handy wide running backrower in league.
Cory Jane (NZ) he's a Jason Nightingale type, doesn't look like much but just always seems to beat tackles, quite good under the high ball and an awesome fend

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Would love to get the former Te Atatu Rooster James O'Bieber to the Warriors and then playing for the Kiwis where his league heritage lies

some11

Referee
Wouldn't mind Brad Thorn back to the Broncos alongside Petero for a swansong season.

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Dagg, Ioane, Kahui would all kill it in league. Wouldn't mind getting Berrick Barnes back either. Smart player, composed.

There's a couple of guys I'd love to see in league who weren't at the World Cup, namely Robbie Fruen and Rene Ranger.

hellteam

First Grade
Dagg, Ioane, Kahui would all kill it in league. Wouldn't mind getting Berrick Barnes back either. Smart player, composed.

There's a couple of guys I'd love to see in league who weren't at the World Cup, namely Robbie Fruen and Rene Ranger.

Shit yes, they would be awesome in league. I wonder how much money they make in rugby, can't imagine there would be too much in it for the fringe All Blacks players - could probably make just as much in league here.

Warriors, get on it!

Bazal

Post Whore
O'Driscoll is too old now, sadly. Absolutely awesome player in his prime though.

I'd have to say Francois Steyn, from the Springboks. Massive, fast, skillful unit who could play anywhere from 1-6 and 11-13 in league. And he has a huge boot as well, but that's really secondary to the fact that he's a beast IMO. Also Ioane, he'd be a fantastic league centre.

Big Sam

First Grade
After tonight's effort the Wallabies could've used Billy Slater under the high ball.