What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name two players from the Rugby World Cup that you would love to see in the NRL

Joker's Wild

Coach
Pocock would make a great Gallen style lock

Jamie Roberts (Welsh inside centre). Big, strong, fast and a great defender

Red Bear

Referee
Dagg, that islander bloke from Wales was good, Weepu played league as a youngster and would be good.

Jamie Soward I think would go well in Union.

Squatdog

Juniors
Piri Weepu had expressed interest in being a dual-international before and would be an aggressive runner and distributor at halfback or hooker.

Jamie Roberts for Wales is like a taller version of a prime Scott Gibbs.

The one player League could realistically sign would be Rene Ranger. He's a powerful runner and absolutely wrecks people on defence, but lacks the all-round game to be in All Blacks contention.

cb4

First Grade
Ioane, Jane, O'Connor, in the Sharks backline.

I would love to see Jamie in a ruck, repeatedly.

crocodile

Bench
I reckon Conrad Smith would go alrite, seems a smart handy player..

Would take him in a blink. Doesn't get the recognition he deserves except from the selectors. Very underrated by the media and public because he isn't a barnstorming runner. Dogged defender with a passing game both left and right equal to the best halfbacks around. An exceptional centre.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The goal kickers all seem pretty swell

Interesting point. From long range rugby kickers win hands down. But from the sideline I'd be willing to say that most front line NRL goal kickers are better than their union compatriots.

aqua_duck

Coach
Quade Cooper (Would love to see how he goes, most of his errors are just getting dominated in the ruck every time hes tackled, that wouldn't be a problem in league...)
thats hardly his problem.
His 2 main problems are:
1.He always likes to go for the low percentage high risk plays even when the occasion requires a conservative play, this results in consistency issues and stupid errors. It looks spectacular when it comes off and everyone is proclaiming him the 2nd coming of Andrew Johns, however when it doesn't come off (80% of the time) he looks like a fool
2.His defence is non existent, don't worry about not being a good tackler, the bloke doesn't even try half the time, he's the type of bloke who will not put his body on the line if he sees a rampaging Fui Fui Moi Moi 5m from the line, granted not many would stop Moi Moi one on one 5m out but most would try, Quade isn't in that catergory. It says alot about his defence (and his attitude) when the Wallabies have to move Kurtley Beale (arguably the best fullback in the world) out of position in defence to accomodate Cooper so he doesn't have to defend in the line. Can you imagine QLD moving Slater on to the wing in defence so they can hide Thurston at the back?

Alex28

Coach
Piri Weepu had expressed interest in being a dual-international before and would be an aggressive runner and distributor at halfback or hooker.
Newcastle had him signed a few years ago and let him go...

Bit of a mistake, but not as big as the previous All Black we signed and released - Tana Umaga.

Mr Fourex

Bench
I have to admit to not watching a lot of yawnion, so I don't have a huge stock pile of players to choose from.

I was and still am disappointed that Berrick Barnes chose union over league. I think he could have been huge in League, although in hindsight with Lockyer and Thurston in front of him he may have not got a look in on the rep scene anyway.

I thought Israel Dagg looked impressive last night. Against that patheticly shithouse Aussie defence though, it wasn't hard for him to stand out.

Quade Cooper looked absolutely lost.........the hype around him seems much greater than the reality of him being ordinary.

Stinkler

Juniors
thats hardly his problem.
His 2 main problems are:
1.He always likes to go for the low percentage high risk plays even when the occasion requires a conservative play, this results in consistency issues and stupid errors. It looks spectacular when it comes off and everyone is proclaiming him the 2nd coming of Andrew Johns, however when it doesn't come off (80% of the time) he looks like a fool
2.His defence is non existent, don't worry about not being a good tackler, the bloke doesn't even try half the time, he's the type of bloke who will not put his body on the line if he sees a rampaging Fui Fui Moi Moi 5m from the line, granted not many would stop Moi Moi one on one 5m out but most would try, Quade isn't in that catergory. It says alot about his defence (and his attitude) when the Wallabies have to move Kurtley Beale (arguably the best fullback in the world) out of position in defence to accomodate Cooper so he doesn't have to defend in the line. Can you imagine QLD moving Slater on to the wing in defence so they can hide Thurston at the back?

Kind of like Benji a few years back?

RHCP

Bench
Quade Cooper is the worst defender I've ever seen at any professional level in any code. Just horrific. He would get murdered in League.

Latest posts