What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name two players from the Rugby World Cup that you would love to see in the NRL

Digby? :lol:

Nothing like bringing out the Union trolls in a thread in the NRL section.

I've never seen that Digby thing play but I wouldn't swap him for Daniel Fitzhenry, and he doesn't even play for us any more...

super_coach

First Grade
plenty of rugby backs from the major world cup sides would make it in the NRL, but its never going to happen because the money they can get from union is far greater than what the nrl can offer

Many people dont rate most rugby players, I think its the game that makes these players look inferior and given a chance to play in the nrl, where they would get a lot more touches and chances to shine.

Rugby many years ago was free flowing ad lib game of football, now its a stop start,slow boring game marred by a rule book bigger than the bible. Most rugby backs still have good skills, kick off both feet, good hands and can throw a good ball, but the game itself is stifling these skills

Loudstrat

Coach
It's not harder at all. Uate is just not particularly good at it. That kills off any threat he poses to the current wingers. Like it or not, kicking for field position is used more in the 15 man game. League guys tend to use the kick at the end of the tackle count.
What? Uate is no threat? Get off the sauce you fruitloop. :lol::lol:

That's as absurd as whoever reckoned Robinson was an all time great for playing only 19 times for England/GB, ignoring the fact that he scored no tries for them. What a quality winger - even f*cking Keith Galloway can score test tries!

Uate almost scored 3 tries in 10 minutes of test footy. Robinson couldnt score one in 1520 minutes. But he was an all time great in Yawnion. I guess Daniel Wagon could have been as well. :lol:

If the Awl Blicks thought Carter was any good, why are they always throwing money at Benji every time his contract is up??????I love these Union types thinking League players would struggle. Especially in the backs or halves. A slow League play the ball takes 3-4 seconds. A yawnion "Phase" might take 20 to develop. You reckon a talent like Marshall couldnt think a plan in that time? Besides, the 10m rule is no hinderance as his best work is done at the line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oONx6GHQCa8&feature=related

Perth Red

Post Whore
plenty of rugby backs from the major world cup sides would make it in the NRL, but its never going to happen because the money they can get from union is far greater than what the nrl can offer

That is about to change in S15 they are reducing their salary cap and by 2013 it will be $4.1million, when the NRL gets its next TV rights the salary cap is likely to go up to somewhere around $5.5-6million. Aside from FrenchRU it is unlikely any RU club team is going to be able to compete with the NRL salary cap in years to come. If we ever get our Int game sorted out and can pay Int squad players the bonuses they should be getting it will be game set and match and NRL will have its pick of RU players.

Loudstrat

Coach
You'd know wouldnt you. Marshall has never been linked with a Union swap? a few years ago it was the biggest rumour around and ran for months. But of course I just made all of that up. I also paid Benji to say he has considered it in his book, just to make you look stupid.

Actually, you look stupid anyway. :lol:. The awl blicks would have him quicker than Dan Carter would bar up over a cute ewe.

Te Kaha

First Grade
They don't throw money at Benji because Loudstrat is lying?

No they dont throw money at Benji every time he has a contract come up.

You'd know wouldnt you. Marshall has never been linked with a Union swap? a few years ago it was the biggest rumour around and ran for months. But of course I just made all of that up. I also paid Benji to say he has considered it in his book, just to make you look stupid.

Actually, you look stupid anyway. :lol:. The awl blicks would have him quicker than Dan Carter would bar up over a cute ewe.

As usual you are full of shit and you dont know what you are talking about... can you provide any proff that everytime his contract has come up the NZRU has gone after him? no you cant... oh and by the way.. he wouldnt have had Carters place, he would have played full back.

super_coach

First Grade
I would imagine Benji's management team would throw a few things to the press in order to up the demand and his value at contract time. Some could be based on fact and other things could be red herrings.

Iam sure if Benji was serious about a switch the NZRU would make him a generous offer, but Iam not so sure that has happen in the past because he has always indicated the NRL was his go. Its not like they dont have any talent to choose from

Loudstrat

Coach
The NZRU never chased him, but would have him play fullback? Is that what you are saying?

If you reckon Marshall has never been offered $ to play Union in NZ you are nuts. As I said, the Awl Blicks would have him in a flish.

Te Kaha

First Grade
The NZRU never chased him, but would have him play fullback? Is that what you are saying?

If you reckon Marshall has never been offered $ to play Union in NZ you are nuts. As I said, the Awl Blicks would have him in a flish.

No you geniused baboon arse... he was asked if he would like to play Rugby in NZ ONCE to play full back... not "every time his contract came up".. he would add great depth to NZ Rugby, but you would have to be a complete moron to think he would walk into the All Blacks... but then you thought SBW was going to dominate in Rugby and he cant even make the All Blacks starting team.

Loudstrat

Coach
LOL at you Yawnion trolls. Get your arguments straight. Either SBW is a wonder boy proving RWC players could kill it in the NRL, or he is a benchie in a sport that has no problems finding test caps for Origin players.

You ignore what I wrote earlier about marshall - the long and protracted rumour about his defection to Rugby Boring a few years ago that he failed to quash. You know, what super coach reckoned was only his manager looking for more $ :lol: He even puts it out there in his book talking about coping with his profile in League.

Face it, the Bore Blicks would love his talent. And if your best thrill comes from a plodder called Israel Dag, I'm surprised they havent also thrown the cheque book at the likes of Nightingale, Inu, Vatuvei and SKD.

While you are chewing on that, remember there are 2 ex League products in the final tonight - and one's a Queenslander too. When was the last former Awl Blick to play for the Kiwis? Has any former awl blick ever made the grade?

Canard

Immortal
The sooner you guys realise that Rugby Union players are all conquering super heroes, and that League players are hacks the better.

Heck Rugby 7's players "chose" to play that code because its so lucrative, and they are far better athletes than NRL players............

Te Kaha

First Grade
LOL at you Yawnion trolls. Get your arguments straight. Either SBW is a wonder boy proving RWC players could kill it in the NRL, or he is a benchie in a sport that has no problems finding test caps for Origin players.

You ignore what I wrote earlier about marshall - the long and protracted rumour about his defection to Rugby Boring a few years ago that he failed to quash. You know, what super coach reckoned was only his manager looking for more $ :lol: He even puts it out there in his book talking about coping with his profile in League.

Face it, the Bore Blicks would love his talent. And if your best thrill comes from a plodder called Israel Dag, I'm surprised they havent also thrown the cheque book at the likes of Nightingale, Inu, Vatuvei and SKD.

While you are chewing on that, remember there are 2 ex League products in the final tonight - and one's a Queenslander too. When was the last former Awl Blick to play for the Kiwis? Has any former awl blick ever made the grade?

You are truely delusional... but thats not new... as for ex All Blacks who have played for the Kiwis, Ridge, Timu, Ellis, Botica or those who werent good enough to play for the All Blacks but made the kiwis like Hill & Halligan. and thats only in the last 20 odd years

Te Kaha

First Grade
The sooner you guys realise that Rugby Union players are all conquering super heroes, and that League players are hacks the better.

Heck Rugby 7's players "chose" to play that code because its so lucrative, and they are far better athletes than NRL players............

If you believed that you would be dummer than loudstrat... and that takes some doing... neither codes players could cross over and immediatly dominate the other code... anybody who tells you otherwise needs to be submitted for observation in the psyche ward.

Canard

Immortal
Agreed Te Kaha, Union players are super atheletes, League players are just park footy players.

Also Union players are much smarter and better role models.

Latest posts