What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Napa sin bin

What should the refs have done?

• Send-off

Votes: 39 36.4%
  • Sin-bin

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • On report and penalty

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • Scrum to roosters

Votes: 33 30.8%

• Total voters

Eion

First Grade
It’s reckless at best. Merkin needs to sort it out before he kills someone. 3-4 weeks to think about it might help.

M2D2

Bench
Highlighting text is fun, but dangerous for beginners. In the next sentence I mention this:

"That's not a head clash, it's reckless and dangerous contact."

Does it hurt looking so foolish?
Doesnt matter what the next sentence says, you made the claims he has made the choice to have his his head make first contact. Which is saying he intended to hit him with his head.
Ill even quote it and bold it again.
He didn't lead with his cheek. He clearly turned his head so that the back of his head would make first contact. Both times. That's not a head clash, it's reckless and dangerous contact.
The only one who looks foolish here is you. Because you are talking out your ass.

Russell Coight

Juniors
Nope not deliberate, but it's not hard to see why some would think it was. It's not out of the realms of possibility.

No. People who think it was deliberate probably think a swinging arm that clips someone's head is also deliberate, despite the player slipping before contact. When it's clear they were aiming for a body shot

Once again those people probably fall under the category of never having played the game before.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Doesnt matter what the next sentence says, you made the claims he has made the choice to have his his head make first contact. Which is saying he intended to hit him with his head.
Ill even quote it and bold it again.

Wrong again. My statement is in reference to him turning his head to protect himself. I even said it in this thread after the original incident.

The only one who looks foolish here is you. Because you are talking out your ass.

Big boy is not only learning about the difference between 'reckless' and 'intentional', he's also learned the "I know you are but what am I?" comeback.

What's next? "I'm rubber and you're glue"?

M2D2

Bench
Wrong again. My statement is in reference to him turning his head to protect himself. I even said it in this thread after the original incident.

Big boy is not only learning about the difference between 'reckless' and 'intentional', he's also learned the "I know you are but what am I?" comeback.

What's next? "I'm rubber and you're glue"?
Oh so hes protecting himself now? Hes not making a tackle and trying to make a tackle, and put on a shot, hes protecting himself.
No matter how many times people say it was, that was not an accidental head clash. That was caused by Napa’s reckless tackling style. And accidental head clash would come about when two players collide with their heads despite the best efforts of both to avoid head on head contact.

Napa was making no effort to avoid head contact.
Refer to my post above. He wasn't concerned if he inadvertently did headbutt someone. That's the difference between head clashes in NRL terms and Napa's actions. But keep trying to conflate the two for whatever strange reason.
Yeah hes protecting himself.
He didn't lead with his cheek. He clearly turned his head so that the back of his head would make first contact. Both times. That's not a head clash, it's reckless and dangerous contact.
And you can f**k off to ignore. Bye!

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Oh so hes protecting himself now? Hes not making a tackle and trying to make a tackle, and put on a shot, hes protecting himself.

Yeah hes protecting himself.

And you can f**k off to ignore. Bye!

LOL you're so upset you're repeating yourself in the same sentence while making absolutely no sense and still showing no ability to understand the difference between reckless and intentional.

I can understand the ignore, I'd feel embarrassed too.

some11

Referee
Now the Roosters have exactly zero props for their premiership tilt.

Probably better off anyway, Napa is a liability out there.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
He knew exactly what he was doing ..
Why would you fire into a tackle with your head aimed directly at the centre of a player.. regardless of what height. Your contact is done with the shoulder and his shoulder was never lined up with the body at any stage.
A cheap way to cause injury and make it look accidental, but atleast it will frowned upon now and punnished accordingly.

M2D2

Bench
He knew exactly what he was doing ..
Why would you fire into a tackle with your head aimed directly at the centre of a player.. regardless of what height. Your contact is done with the shoulder and his shoulder was never lined up with the body at any stage.
A cheap way to cause injury and make it look accidental, but atleast it will frowned upon now and punnished accordingly.
Look we have another idiot who has never played the game who thinks someone has intentionally hit someone with his head.
What a surprise!

Eion

First Grade
I’ll give Napa the benefit of the doubt, but leading with the head deliberately can, and does, happen. It was why Gallen targeted Miles in the SOO.

M2D2

Bench
I’ll give Napa the benefit of the doubt, but leading with the head deliberately can, and does, happen. It was why Gallen targeted Miles in the SOO.
None of nate myles headbutts were EVER on a one on one tackle and myles would even lead with his head doing a hitup.

blaza88z

Coach
It was either going to be a head clash or a shoulder charge, he had zero care what so ever for the bloke he was trying to tackle, no arms at all

That's all you need to know in regard to what his intention was