What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Brown v Wayne Bennett

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nice to see a bit of spice instead of the usual bland and boring player and coach comments.

Exsilium

Coach
Bennett has been taking veiled swipes for years.

He’s a troglodyte and a solid museum piece, a modern day league coach he is not.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
On ther other side of that, I am now reading how Bennett only won a premiership at Saints because of the squad Brown had built up.

It's pinhead delusion at twenty paces.

Noname36

First Grade
You should see the blind devotion that some online Broncos fans have to Bennett.

"He did make the Knights better!"

"Brown had more money to spend!"

"Bennett set up there juniors system!"

FMD, how many wooden spoons and Bennett still takes credit for 2018 wins.

They’re so delusional it’s almost sad.

To be fair on the third point, Bennett’s team did help to get the junior systems back on track a bit after the Brian Smith era wrecked them a bit (great FG coach for us though Smithy) but the junior systems had already been well and truely in place. How anyone could say Bennett had anything to do with setting up a junior system that had already produced the likes of Johns, Buderus, etc. is completely off their rocker.

Canard

Immortal
On ther other side of that, I am now reading how Bennett only won a premiership at Saints because of the squad Brown had built up.

It's pinhead delusion at twenty paces.

Your defence of Bennett ,whilst admirable, I think is not justified and Wayne was being a dick in his efforts to not give Brown any credit.

RedVDragon

Juniors
I haven’t been much of a supporter as a coach of Nathan Brown however the way Browny came out and called old man Wayne out is gold. How true Browny said it if only he focused on coaching.
Now Old Man Wayne go ahead and destroy the Donkeys like you did at the dragons. Go away we have had enough soon you will be walking around with your walking stick in the dressing room. We remember Jack Gibson very well soon Wayne won’t be thought of as one of the best coaches he will be remembered as the coach that destroyed the Knights and soon the Broncos.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Your defence of Bennett ,whilst admirable, I think is not justified and Wayne was being a dick in his efforts to not give Brown any credit.

Not defending Bennett, no dog in this fight mate. Going personal is the issue.

macavity

Referee

In this case the personal is professional.

He spent his time here chasing skirt, not premierships.

Brown is the one cleaning up the mess he made so was quite right to call that out, however “crude” his language.

If Bennett wasn’t a Queenslander he is retired now. Gets a free pass when other coaches wouldn’t. That may just be changing.

I said at the time he should have been walked off premises when he said he was leaving - no idea why he wasn’t.

Spot On

Coach

Indicating that Newcastle was 'unbuilt' as if to say there was no need to do what Brown has done there was the a personal insult. The joint was farked. The cap was absolutely farked. The community support had withered away. The roster was as bad as you'd ever see. The jnr system was farked. And who was in charge of that mess ...... Bennett. As he has preached for 30 years, he's in charge as the head coach.

When he quit he said it would take 5 years to fix the joint. Now he's saying Brown had nothing to fix.

f**k him. He made it personal.