What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Cayless comments

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Anyone read the SMH yesterday? Nathan Cayless was basically saying that Dragons are over hyped as people forget that the Eels beat them 40-14 3 weeks ago and that they are a better team?

Was that before they lost to Newcastle and Canberra or after Bronco's scored 42 points against them in 1 half.

It really showed how impressive that 40-14 win was the following 2 weeks didn't it?

Has Mick Stone got the game ball for that game or Mander?

Godz Illa

Coach
That game is as irrelevant as Nathan Cayless himself, for several reasons.
It was 5 weeks ago - practically a lifetime in a dynamic competition like this - and since then Parra's form has dipped and saints have spiked.
It was 2 days after Origin 3, and we had more in it than they did.
Gasnier was injured.
The video ref ripped us off.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
We need drongo comments like that from opposition captains. They should slap it big letters on the dressing room wall when we next play Parra.

Along with this pic:

2005_18_10fight.jpg

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Throw a post a pic of a stuck pig in there too, and tell them how tasty pork is when it's been tenderised.

Nugby

Juniors
I hope they throw the comment in the paper every day til we play them. Stupid comments from a stupid person.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Nathan Cayless - a talentless hack with the mobility of a statue.

He can say whatever he wants, it's not as if his opinion is respected anyway...

Dragonheart

Juniors
I'm going to go against the grain here.

That was then....

We lost that Eels game through lack of discipline. If someone elbowed me in the throat at full belt I'd do a crapload more than Barrett did, but the fact remains we blew it...bigtime.

We were 6 points up, with a controlling interest in the game.....then came the fight.

Parra had the ball and played the whistle, we didn't. After that the Dragons were somewhere else psychologically, and it cost us.

And this is now....

Cayless, get your hand off your worm, and put away the illusion inducing drugs. That game was the turning point of our season. The Dragons are a more patient, confident, and finely tuned outfit than that night.......we'll see ya next week toss-off!.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Actually...

We were two points down (16-14) when that happened.

Parra did not play to the whistle as well. It was Parra players who were the first to arrive at the fight, Nathan Cayless in particular - this escalated it into a brawl.

The 'try scorer' ran past the brawl which by then had attracted the attention of almost every player on the field.
There was no one in front of him, and no one running in support.

Maybe its just me, but I don't think that's playing football.

drake

First Grade
Willow said:
We need drongo comments like that from opposition captains. They should slap it big letters on the dressing room wall when we next play Parra.

Along with this pic:

2005_18_10fight.jpg

Cayless ought to watch out, Carl Webb was practice for the payback.
C'mon Greeny, the big hit machine!

MrT

Juniors
You guys are all wrong.
Firstly - Barrett wasn't elbowed in the throat at all, he copped the fingertips of PJ's left hand, not the hand that hit him across the chest. HE COPPED NOTHING IN THE THROAT. It was a brush with the fingers and he overreacted and should have been SENT OFF.

Secondly - you weren't INFRONT, but 2 points BEHIND, the score was 16-14 to the Eels at the time, the try made it 22-14.

So why didn't Barrett punch Southern in the back of the head on friday night when he got smashed in a charge down which was 10 times PJ's tackle? because he knows he got away with murder what he did to PJ. He should have got 6 weeks at least for that.

drake

First Grade
MrT said:
You guys are all wrong.
Firstly - Barrett wasn't elbowed in the throat at all, he copped the fingertips of PJ's left hand, not the hand that hit him across the chest. HE COPPED NOTHING IN THE THROAT. It was a brush with the fingers and he overreacted and should have been SENT OFF.

Secondly - you weren't INFRONT, but 2 points BEHIND, the score was 16-14 to the Eels at the time, the try made it 22-14.

So why didn't Barrett punch Southern in the back of the head on friday night when he got smashed in a charge down which was 10 times PJ's tackle? because he knows he got away with murder what he did to PJ. He should have got 6 weeks at least for that.
Oh sod off you stupid pisser.

Take your necrophagic urges and leave. Stop digging up corpses.

Marsh is fast becoming one of the most hated men in league, due to his cat-like nature and bitchy comments.

And Generalísimo Fransisco Franco was a devout christian, so don't pull that one.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
MrT said:
You guys are all wrong.
Thanks for the update.
MrT said:
Firstly - Barrett wasn't elbowed in the throat at all,
He was struck in the chin. Is that near the throat? Does it matter? The tackle was high.
MrT said:
he copped the fingertips of PJ's left hand, not the hand that hit him across the chest. HE COPPED NOTHING IN THE THROAT.
Chin is throat now? Am I missing something? The tackle was high.
MrT said:
It was a brush with the fingers and he overreacted and should have been SENT OFF.
He overeacted, no argument. But to be sent off (sorry, SENT OFF) sound likes you're the one overeacting.

Your PJ Marsh had no right to be airborne with a cocked elbow and heading towards a player who was in the process of putting in a clearing kick.

You may recall that afterwards, Marsh was charged with a high tackle and pleaded guilty.

The Match Review Committee eventually caught your boy out.

Barrett was charged with strikng and pleaded guilty as well. IMO, there is no disputing that Barrett retaliated when he shouldn't have.

MrT said:
We've already established this. Thanks again for the caps.

MrT said:
Don't know, why don't you ask him...? You're asking a dumb question.
And an even dumber comment to follow it up.

Barrett was targetted against the Cowboys but had obviously learnt cop it and play smart.

Dragonheart is right, the last match against Parra may be a turning point. Saints have since galvanised. Meanwhile Parra have been less than impressive... that comes from getting handed an easy win from a crap decision.

Freak

Juniors
I think you guys have taken Cayless comments out of context.

He was simply defending his sides capability of winning the comp VS yours in the betting market!! No big deal really.

Of course he believes his side has as much chance as yours to winning the comp his year.

It's not like he came out and bagged the over-rated Dragons!!

I'm joking you touchy ones!!:D

Willow

Assistant Moderator
That's a noble picture Cozza. But please expand on the meaning... ;-)

The Colonel

Immortal
Willow said:
That's a noble picture Cozza. But please expand on the meaning... ;-)

Sorry mate, moment of madness on my part. It's been a long day.

Yes, I laughing with you, not at you.

I.R Baboon speaks much the way your sentence was structured. I laughing, I R Running etc etc......

Latest posts