What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Cayless comments

drake

First Grade
Over the last few weeks several people have decided to make press statements before their teams played the Saints.
1. Paul Gallen (Sharks): "Dragons forwards are soft." Result Saints win 20-10
2. Luke Ricketson (Easts) :"We're still the team everyone fears" Result Saints win 44-6
3. "Broncos Greats" "Dragons are a bunch of pretty boys." Result Saints win 24-4.

Cayless, please encourage more of your idiot team mates to spout sh*t.
Especially McJudas Riddell and Hillsong Marsh.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
borat said:
I just love it how parra supporters have convinced themselves that Barrett just went off totally unprovoked as Marsh never hit Barrett at all. Maybe Barrett decided he didn't get enough metres on the kick so he may as well throw a few sneaky punches whilst no one was looking.
You forgot that Barrett knew of little PJ's past injuries and was trying break his neck. On the drama queen stakes, it was one of the most hilarious things I've read in ages.

weasel

First Grade
Marsh put his integrity on the line with his comments about Barrett during the weekend following the incident. He should have left it to the Match Review Committee. Then, when he had the opportunity to go to the judiciary to vindicate himself he didn't have the guts to do so, thus proving integrity was something he lacked. Further proof of this came out only two rounds ago, when he made an immature comment during a post-match press conference about laughing at the Warriors following Parramatta's victory in New Zealand.

Willow said:
The funny thing is that I thought Barrett was wrong as well. No doubt in my mind about that. And given his on-field actions since, I'd say he feels he did wrong as well. His retailiation was costly to say the least.

But try and get a Parra supporter to admit any wrong-doing from Marsh is like trying to extract teeth from a feral dog.

Precisely.

Saint 60

Juniors
Nah - he just pleaded guilty because he wanted a weeks holiday --

--------------------
I love it when a plan comes together

Phillips

Referee
Southernsaint said:
Nathan Cayless - a talentless hack with the mobility of a statue.

He can say whatever he wants, it's not as if his opinion is respected anyway...

but lets not ignore the facts

St George Illawarra are our bitches \\\\:D/

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
Nathan Cayless - a talentless hack with the mobility of a statue.

He can say whatever he wants, it's not as if his opinion is respected anyway...

Jason Ryles =
muppet.jpg

Eelementary

Post Whore
borat said:
Of course if Marsh pleaded guilty becuase he was guilty it would mean all the Parra supporters were wrong :shock:

Not all.

I, for one, believe that Marsh hit Barrett high.

But it was CARELESS, not wreckless or deliberate - his arm bounced off Barrett's arm/shoulder onto his chin.

At the time, during the match, I called Baz a cat - you know, it was all part of the fun and games.

But I would have reacted in much the same way.

I think Barrett knows that Marsh didn't hit him high deliberately, but in the heat of the moment in a competitive match, sometimes you just lose it.

And as was mentioned earlier - Nathan Cayless was NOT having a go at your team.

He respects your team - and so he should.

He was merely expressing his frustration at the fact that, even though we have been in seconf place for some time now and played some great football, everyone is talking about the Broncos (rightfully so, as they are in first place) and the Dragons.

I believe it bothers him a bit because you guys, as good as you are, are third, and we're still second.

I know I myself - I rate the Dragons highly, but it still annoys me when people talk up the Dragons and Broncos and ignore the Eels.

Anyway, that was just my two cents.

Cheers.

Good luck Sunday! Should be a corker!

Drew-Sta

Staff member
St George are the media love child. I'm a Saints fan through and through and even I will admit to that. When we go well, it makes front page news. When (mostly) anyone else goes well, it doesn't have the reaction that Saints can gain.

Hence the media hype when we build some momentum.

Cayless should be aware of that. Parramatta would do well to keep their mouths shut and try to stay under the radar in an attempt to avoid media pressure. Brian Smith was attempting to do that when he said whatever he said a few weeks ago; something about them being at odds to win the comp or to beat Saints - whatever it was. Cayless ruined this and opened his mouth.

The pressure build up of Sunday's game is evenly squared, where it would have been piled onto the Dragons had Cayless kept his mouth shut. A loss on Sunday will see humble pie spread across his face and do no good for your team morale.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Drew-Sta said:
St George are the media love child. I'm a Saints fan through and through and even I will admit to that. When we go well, it makes front page news. When (mostly) anyone else goes well, it doesn't have the reaction that Saints can gain.

Hence the media hype when we build some momentum.

Cayless should be aware of that. Parramatta would do well to keep their mouths shut and try to stay under the radar in an attempt to avoid media pressure. Brian Smith was attempting to do that when he said whatever he said a few weeks ago; something about them being at odds to win the comp or to beat Saints - whatever it was. Cayless ruined this and opened his mouth.

The pressure build up of Sunday's game is evenly squared, where it would have been piled onto the Dragons had Cayless kept his mouth shut. A loss on Sunday will see humble pie spread across his face and do no good for your team morale.

I myself would have preferred he kept his mouth shut.

We seem to do better when we fly under the radar.

But alsa it happened.

I was merely trying to illustrate that he was in no way dissing the Dragons.

As a Parramatta fan I get frustrated myself when we do well and nobody gives us credit.

parra pete

Referee
If players in the NRL need comments from opposing camps to fire them up for a first grade match, they should not be there!!!!

Nickeel

Juniors
wyvern said:
Over the last few weeks several people have decided to make press statements before their teams played the Saints.
1. Paul Gallen (Sharks): "Dragons forwards are soft." Result Saints win 20-10
2. Luke Ricketson (Easts) :"We're still the team everyone fears" Result Saints win 44-6
3. "Broncos Greats" "Dragons are a bunch of pretty boys." Result Saints win 24-4.

Cayless, please encourage more of your idiot team mates to spout sh*t.
Especially McJudas Riddell and Hillsong Marsh.

Mate, please read the article and not the headline. Can you do that for me?

Nick

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Eelementary said:
I myself would have preferred he kept his mouth shut.

We seem to do better when we fly under the radar.

But alsa it happened.

I was merely trying to illustrate that he was in no way dissing the Dragons.

As a Parramatta fan I get frustrated myself when we do well and nobody gives us credit.

Yeah, I knew Cayless didn't mean much by them, just pointing out the media battles and the blunder he made there.

Most teams do go well when under the radar. Tigers being an excellent example, although now they're starting to emerge a little.

I tended to think that Parra go where they are now from not having any spotlight at all. Then all of a sudden people focussed on Tim Smith, and opposition started to take notice and look at ways to shut him down, hence the reason for your losses against the Raiders and whoever else it was you got beat by, can't remember .

Nickeel

Juniors
Drew-Sta said:
Then all of a sudden people focussed on Tim Smith, and opposition started to take notice and look at ways to shut him down, hence the reason for your losses against the Raiders and whoever else it was you got beat by, can't remember .

Newcastle.

That guy plays for them... you know, what's his name? The greatest player in the world, at the peak of his powers?

You play them in two weeks.

Nick

borat

Bench
Eelementary said:
Not all.

I, for one, believe that Marsh hit Barrett high.

But it was CARELESS, not wreckless or deliberate - his arm bounced off Barrett's arm/shoulder onto his chin.

I think you will find every Dragons suppporter agrees with this statement. But do you realise how many Parra supporters are absolutely adamant that Marsh never connected with Barrett at all and it was all in Barrett's imagination.

gregstar

Referee
borat said:
I think you will find every Dragons suppporter agrees with this statement. But do you realise how many Parra supporters are absolutely adamant that Marsh never connected with Barrett at all and it was all in Barrett's imagination.
they refuse to believe christians could do such a thing!

Lenny_2212

Juniors
The Brisbane connection labelled the Dragons as 'Pretty Boys'. Look what we did to them on their turf.

Cayless is in trouble... :D

Nickeel

Juniors
Lenny_2212 said:
The Brisbane connection labelled the Dragons as 'Pretty Boys'. Look what we did to them on their turf.

Cayless is in trouble... :D

FFS mate - as I've already asked, read the Cayless article and not the headline.

All he says is that we beat you a while back, and people forget that. Obviously all of you have. He wasn't taking you guys the slightest bit lightly - no-one is. You're premiership favourites.

Nick

Latest posts