What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Cleary

mxlegend99

Referee
Not on crutches or in a moon boot. May even be good to play SOO 3
If hes not playing on. I doubt its minor. Unless hes not backing himself to be able to compete.

I think its possibly a recurrence of his ankle injury last year. Which was ~7 weeks wasnt it? Time will tell. With Luai as backup its not really a scare for us thought. Both our rep halves seem to be replaceable

franklin2323

Immortal
If hes not playing on. I doubt its minor. Unless hes not backing himself to be able to compete.

I think its possibly a recurrence of his ankle injury last year. Which was ~7 weeks wasnt it? Time will tell. With Luai as backup its not really a scare for us thought. Both our rep halves seem to be replaceable

2-3 weeks is minor for ankle is what I mean. That game he was in crutches. Blake v Parra was on crutches. Luai v Broncs. All major ankles end up with crutches

mxlegend99

Referee
2-3 weeks is minor for ankle is what I mean. That game he was in crutches. Blake v Parra was on crutches. Luai v Broncs. All major ankles end up with crutches
I hope he's sweet. Say what you want about him but he outplayed both QLD halves tonight. Every NSW players destroyed their opposite.

Even the guys out of position. Freddy went for a different approach and it worked. Walker just couldn't do his job the way Jimmy could.

Big side just dominated both sides of the ball. Check out the metres gained

Reactions: Bob

OldPanther

Coach
I hope he's sweet. Say what you want about him but he outplayed both QLD halves tonight. Every NSW players destroyed their opposite.

Even the guys out of position. Freddy went for a different approach and it worked. Walker just couldn't do his job the way Jimmy could.

Big side just dominated both sides of the ball. Check out the metres gained

Everyone giving him shit for Graham having a try assist.

mxlegend99

Referee
Joey has a man crush on Nathan. Raving about his body and how he would never wear a shirt if he had a body like that.

Exactly my feelings too. I got a massive beer gut and typical dad bod and dont wear shirts through summer. If i looked like Nathan i would throw every shirt i owned out.

betcats

Referee
Shame about Nathan. He was solid again, forced a couple errors with his defence.

The form he’s in currently Jimmy is as good as any halfback in the comp so hopefully Penrith can continue rolling.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Shame about Nathan. He was solid again, forced a couple errors with his defence.

The form he’s in currently Jimmy is as good as any halfback in the comp so hopefully Penrith can continue rolling.
The worry is it took missing origin 1 for him to give a f**k. Hopefully he finds something to play for after the 3rd game

OldPanther

Coach
The worry is it took missing origin 1 for him to give a f**k. Hopefully he finds something to play for after the 3rd game

Yeah best half in the comp when on but he can switch off sometimes. Hopefully Cleary being injured makes him feel the need to step up and take responsibility for the team.

Abacus

Juniors
How much of this is due to trying to hand the reins to Nathan at the start of the year and asking Jimmy to play the secondary role? So it looks like he doesn't give a f**k when he's just trying to let Nathan lead. It looks pretty clear Jimmy plays best with the alpha role (last night and while Cleary was injured last year).

Hopefully Jimmy can come through game 3 not too banged up and lead the way with Luai until Cleary returns. Might even create some tough decisions depending on form.

mxlegend99

Referee
The difference last night for Jimmy was playing behind a dominant forward pack with a great hooker. Jimmys best form last year came before Wallace was injured. He has played great footy both with and without Nathan. Thats how they were picked for the series last year. He had more space last night then he had had in our jersey all year.

This year Ivan tinkered with the balance of the halves with very little success for Jimmy. Jimmy had a chance as being the dominant half for us and it didnt work. Nothing was working until we brought in some new faces.

chrisD

Coach
I think the biggest difference is Jimmy believes the NSW team can win the series, but doesn't believe this Penrith team can win a premiership.