What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Cleary

mxlegend99

Referee
I think the biggest difference is Jimmy believes the NSW team can win the series, but doesn't believe this Penrith team can win a premiership.
I didnt think either could win until last night. But After the way we destroyed that QLD pack its our series to lose.

Our 2 prop idea seemed bad. But when QLDs props were Napa, Wallace etc. we really didnt have to worry about them getting go forward.

To think Klemmer is to return to that pack. Graham to 6 hopefully. Klemmer on bench.

TheFrog

Coach
I didnt think either could win until last night. But After the way we destroyed that QLD pack its our series to lose.
In this sport and at this level or even in the NRL, two teams can play a week or two weeks apart and produce a totally different result. We have seen it so many times, it is more the rule than the exception. Yet we had people saying Queensland were past the post, and now they've changed their mind and NSW are past the post.

The third game will be a decider. Queensland were complacent but they won't be next time. Munster will never play that badly again. Same with Ponga, DCE, Chambers, the entire forward pack, all of them really. It's a trap if the NSW side or its supporters think its going to be easy.

The media are already laughable, printing the same rubbish about Qld as they did about NSW up until yesterday. I don't know how intelligent people swallow it.

OldPanther

Coach
In this sport and at this level or even in the NRL, two teams can play a week or two weeks apart and produce a totally different result. We have seen it so many times, it is more the rule than the exception. Yet we had people saying Queensland were past the post, and now they've changed their mind and NSW are past the post.

The third game will be a decider. Queensland were complacent but they won't be next time. Munster will never play that badly again. Same with Ponga, DCE, Chambers, the entire forward pack, all of them really. It's a trap if the NSW side or its supporters think its going to be easy.

The media are already laughable, printing the same rubbish about Qld as they did about NSW up until yesterday. I don't know how intelligent people swallow it.

giphy.gif

mxlegend99

Referee

Queensland barely won game 1. A bad intercept was the difference and we had a few players putting in zero effort. We saw last night why Mitchell was axed. Everyone was supporting around the ball and we turned those half opportunities into tries a few times. In Game 1 we had very few players supporting like that. Everyone makes fun of effort plays. But in Origin it's those moments that win games. Fittler values them a lot and picked a team accordingly.

Every game is a fresh start. But we now have the edge in this series. Walters is going to want to panic and make mass changes too. But Queensland have no one to bring in. The main reason the QLD halves sucked was their pack was smashed for 80 minutes. They ran for 1100 metres. We ran for 1900 metres.

Although if Pearce is the one who replaces Cleary. I will bet my house in Queensland. No way in hell he comes in for a decider and doesn't completely shit the bed.

OldPanther

Coach
Queensland barely won game 1. A bad intercept was the difference and we had a few players putting in zero effort. We saw last night why Mitchell was axed. Everyone was supporting around the ball and we turned those half opportunities into tries a few times. In Game 1 we had very few players supporting like that. Everyone makes fun of effort plays. But in Origin it's those moments that win games. Fittler values them a lot and picked a team accordingly.

Every game is a fresh start. But we now have the edge in this series. Walters is going to want to panic and make mass changes too. But Queensland have no one to bring in. The main reason the QLD halves sucked was their pack was smashed for 80 minutes. They ran for 1100 metres. We ran for 1900 metres.

Although if Pearce is the one who replaces Cleary. I will bet my house in Queensland. No way in hell he comes in for a decider and doesn't completely shit the bed.

The effort that you mention is why Cleary gets picked yet fans can't get their heads around it.

TheFrog

Coach
Hopefully Luai kills it and Nathan to 9 is thought about
I would be thinking very carefully about the wisdom of packing Maloney off to England at season's end. It's been considered fait accompli for some time now but he's a matchwinner if you can keep him healthy. Trouble is if he gets Fittler out of the mess he got himself into, he'll be picked again for NSW next year.

Which might necessitate 9. Cleary unless you're going to allow Luai to leave and become a superstar elsewhere. He has a touch of Ponga this lad.

OldPanther

Coach
I would be thinking very carefully about the wisdom of packing Maloney off to England at season's end. It's been considered fait accompli for some time now but he's a matchwinner if you can keep him healthy. Trouble is if he gets Fittler out of the mess he got himself into, he'll be picked again for NSW next year.

Which might necessitate 9. Cleary unless you're going to allow Luai to leave and become a superstar elsewhere. He has a touch of Ponga this lad.

His age is the issue not his skill.

I always thought of it more as Maloney wanting to go to get the last big pay cheque. He’s chased the money his whole career.

OldPanther

Coach
He is still the best half we have. Possibly the state has.. Age is irrelevant in these cases. Luai can play centre or something next season

No. Over the next 12 months the game will pass him by. It's inevitable at his age. He has at most 1 season of NRL left in him.

OldPanther

Coach
Watching again and the Frizell try just happened. Cleary played it really well. Somehow managed to make the first 3 defenders pause for a second until he hit Maloney with the pass. His halfback/first receiver play goes unnoticed but seems to be improving slowly.

MrBlack

Juniors
Watching again and the Frizell try just happened. Cleary played it really well. Somehow managed to make the first 3 defenders pause for a second until he hit Maloney with the pass. His halfback/first receiver play goes unnoticed but seems to be improving slowly.

Yet he doesn't get any credit with a try assist (by definition).

I really think he cops a bad wrap and is better than most give him credit for in attack.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

I’ve been saying this for weeks, Cleary gets Zero credit for a lot of clever things he does.

Luckily Freddy watches footy games and doesn’t concern himself with stats.