What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Hindmarsh - "Old School"

Gronk

Staff member
Jamie Lyon is f**king merkin.

He's also a great player in any team.

Captain BF

Juniors
Hindmarsh is my favourite all time Eel, but for some reason i didn't like the book very much. I appreciate that Hindy went to the trouble of writing the book it just wasn't great IMO. I'm not sure if it was some of the little errors like a couple of names are wrong, some dates are wrong and some of the bits and pieces seem to me to be out of order.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I didn't like the obvious lack of trust throughout the organisation that dates back to Brian Smith's time at the club.

Gronk

Staff member
Hindy is media whore of late. He is all over the TV/radio and doing a great job IMHO. He looks comfortable in front of the camera and has shown he can communicate in an intelligent manner.

Watch him on Matty Johns Monday Night Footy, NRL 360 and tonight he'll make his commentary début on Triple M.

#gohindy

Sphagnum

Coach
Hindy is media whore of late. He is all over the TV/radio and doing a great job IMHO. He looks comfortable in front of the camera and has shown he can communicate in an intelligent manner.

Watch him on Matty Johns Monday Night Footy, NRL 360 and tonight he'll make his commentary début on Triple M.

#gohindy

Who gives a f**k about all that. The big question is; What round will he make his comeback in? I'm tipping round 12.

Kornstar

Coach

#gohindy

Agreed, he is the best out of all of them at the moment, he's honest and not afraid to have an opinion, Tallis and Geyer are the same except sometimes they just don't translate well, Hindy doesn't appear to have that issue.

Gronk

Staff member
Agree on both counts,

Lol at the two Merkins above suggesting that he's only good cause he's in a good team.

Fmd some of you are clueless.

On NRL360 they highlighted Lyon diving a few times when he was run at by a decoy runner. I think he got the penalty 2/3 times.

He's a cat as well as a merkin.

Avenger

Immortal
Hindmarsh is my favourite all time Eel, but for some reason i didn't like the book very much. I appreciate that Hindy went to the trouble of writing the book it just wasn't great IMO. I'm not sure if it was some of the little errors like a couple of names are wrong, some dates are wrong and some of the bits and pieces seem to me to be out of order.

Great player. (Number 2 best forward behind the greatest eel of all - Ray Price)
Shit autobiography. (Probably the worst I've ever read)
Surprisingly engaging League analyst. (He will have a long career in the media)

strider

Post Whore
i remember when he started doing media work - he was woeful - barely said anything ... he's come a long way

Eels Dude

Coach
Hindy's book was dull because he's just an average bloke who was not at all controversial or involved in any scandals. The story of an ordinary bloke doesn't really make a great autobiography, but it's still a worthwhile read as an Eels fan just for the fact you get an inside look at the club and those involved in Hindy's time.

strider

Post Whore
a bizarre personality - tight arse that poured plenty into pokies

i don't think he'd ever be a nrl coach - i just dont see it in him ... maybe coach a bush team tho

Avenger

Immortal
a bizarre personality - tight arse that poured plenty into pokies

i don't think he'd ever be a nrl coach - i just dont see it in him ... maybe coach a bush team tho

I know a bloke that knows him very well. Tight as Garry Jack.