What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Hindmarsh

Springs

First Grade
Don't deny he deserves a proper send off.

But I'm also sick of playing 5 on 6 in the forward battles. My loyalty is to the club, not to my all time favourite Eels player.

I don't want to see us come last just so we can give Hindy an appropriate send-off. If he's going to play good footy - great! Otherwise I'd rather have Maitua, Ryan and Paulo playing 80 minutes with Hindy on the bench in case of emergency....

What exactly is the club? Is it the board? The coach? The fans?
At this moment in time Hindmarsh is more Parramatta than anyone.

I would like to know, when you support a club but turn against everyone (the board, the coach, the players) like some fans have, what exactly are you supporting?
I don't support the coach really, but that's because I think he is a Melbourne coach and player who was imported into the club over a good coach and then has ran the side into the ground.
The reason I came to support this club was because of players like Hindmarsh and Cayless and others who have done the club's history proud. At this moment in time there are still a few players who typify the attitude and spirit of the club's history and those players are still Hindmarsh, Burt, Smith, Moi Moi, Hayne and others that have been around for a long time, while juniors like Blair and Sio look to continue that. Those who call for a player who must be in the top 3 or 4 players to ever pull on an Eels jersey to retire early in his final year even when he gives his all every week not only disrespects that player, but disrespects the club he has given his life to for the last 15 or so years.

To force a living legend into early retirement is to lose our integrity as a club, and that's worse than coming last. Just like playing with pride and honour is more important than winning or losing. We must be gracious and honourable in defeat, and calling for our captain's head isn't doing that.

lingard

Coach
Spot on.. Thats exactly what I would love to hindy! Giving younger players the game winning offload. Maybe we have seen the end of the 80min, 70 tackles per game hindmarsh just as we saw the end of his running game earlier in his career.

He has a spot in the team, he has earned that. Maybe his role needs to evolve for 2012...![/QUOTE]

Under Stephen Kearney?

lingard

Coach
Look; we are coming dead last after eight rounds - and we`ll be coming dead last after 26 rounds if Kearney is still here. If Hindmarsh wants to play first grade for the rest of this year, let him. I don`t care if he walks onto the park in a suit and just pretends he`s playing. He`s one of Parramatta`s greatest ever players; he`s announced his retirement, now let him finish the season and stop all this ridiculous talk. No matter how badly he plays, it won`t make a scrap of difference to our season.

Someone

Bench
Nathan Hindmarsh isnt Parramatta. No one player will ever be 'Parramatta', not even Hayne.

alpine eel73

Juniors
Nathan Hindmarsh isnt Parramatta. No one player will ever be 'Parramatta', not even Hayne.

What does this stupid comment evan mean? ^
I was born at the old Parramatta hospital is that Parramatta enough for you.

Here some more Parramatta for you,

Price
Sterlo
Grothe
Kenny
Ella
Cronin
Cayless
Hindmarsh
:roll:

Someone

Bench

Price
Sterlo
Grothe
Kenny
Ella
Cronin
Cayless
Hindmarsh

I dont care where you were born mate, i dont even care that you were born ffs i dont know you.

My point was one player isnt the whole of Parramatta, as good as those players were you mentioned. It takes 17 to tango in this sport buddy.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Price
Sterlo
Grothe
Kenny
Ella
Cronin
Cayless
Hindmarsh

I was born in Port Kembla hospital (centre of Warrawong) down in Wollongong South Coast

and I am TheParrboy :cool:

Maroubra Eel

Coach

Price
Sterlo
Grothe
Kenny
Ella
Cronin
Cayless
Hindmarsh
I was born there too mate. You can't get any more Parramatta than that!

alpine eel73

Juniors
I dont care where you were born mate, i dont even care that you were born ffs i dont know you.

My point was one player isnt the whole of Parramatta, as good as those players were you mentioned. It takes 17 to tango in this sport buddy.
I don't recall asking you to care or not if i was born "ffs" but to say Nathan Hindmarsh is not "Parramatta" is a ridiculous statement . It's like saying meat pies,beer ,Holden and ANZAC day are not Australian.

:lol::lol::lol: Clown!

eel4life

Juniors
After 20 to 25 minutes i would replace hindy and i would play moimoi on the edges just like the Manly game.

Then i would put him on for the last 20 to 25 minutes, his defence can win you games, and i would rotate the rest of them in spurts you have players who can put in a solid 25 minutes.

Remember 3 penatlies were for high shots and they got 3 extra interchanges for free, the diff in the game ended up being the benji penalty from right in front.

First Half was diabolical, but the last 30 minutes we stuck to attacking the right hand side, we created chances and we scored, 3 times out of the 5 and missed 2 tries, Willie should of passed it and if we had some luck Sio might of scored.

There are positives we showed we can score points, we showed that if we compete and we stick to it and we use the skill that we posses we can be a threat.

At 31 points to 0 i was thinking just have a go, have a dig, 6, 12, 18, 24, 30 ... we scored 5 tries in 13 minutes, missed 1 try and could of scored another 2 in that half which means we had 8 scoring opportunities in the 2nd half and scored 5 of them.

Who cares if the tigers clocked off, its about what we do, we could of lost to 0, but we didn't.

I love Hindy for what he has done for us, but to be honest its up to him on how he wants his legacy to be remembered, no shame in reduced minutes, I just remember the Manly Game, he was leading the team in defense for that last 20 to 25 minutes and that's how i want him to be remembered. running up looking exhausted and then WHACK !!! do that 2 times and you will see the young ones want to do the same.

TheParraboy

Staff member
After 20 to 25 minutes i would replace hindy and i would play moimoi on the edges just like the Manly game.

Then i would put him on for the last 20 to 25 minutes, his defence can win you games, and i would rotate the rest of them in spurts you have players who can put in a solid 25 minutes.

Remember 3 penatlies were for high shots and they got 3 extra interchanges for free, the diff in the game ended up being the benji penalty from right in front.

First Half was diabolical, but the last 30 minutes we stuck to attacking the right hand side, we created chances and we scored, 3 times out of the 5 and missed 2 tries, Willie should of passed it and if we had some luck Sio might of scored.

There are positives we showed we can score points, we showed that if we compete and we stick to it and we use the skill that we posses we can be a threat.

At 31 points to 0 i was thinking just have a go, have a dig, 6, 12, 18, 24, 30 ... we scored 5 tries in 13 minutes, missed 1 try and could of scored another 2 in that half which means we had 8 scoring opportunities in the 2nd half and scored 5 of them.

Who cares if the tigers clocked off, its about what we do, we could of lost to 0, but we didn't.

I love Hindy for what he has done for us, but to be honest its up to him on how he wants his legacy to be remembered, no shame in reduced minutes, I just remember the Manly Game, he was leading the team in defense for that last 20 to 25 minutes and that's how i want him to be remembered. running up looking exhausted and then WHACK !!! do that 2 times and you will see the young ones want to do the same.

Remind me what we did in the first 68 mins?

eel4life

Juniors
Moi Moi double movement, Willie Tonga almost scoring, 2 chances if we scored them would of meant we win the game, full stop.

That second half we had 8 scoring opportunities, and we scored 5 times that was for the half if we do that again and defend better that's what you build on.

You want a positive that's it, not saying it was good but that's what happened in the second half.

lingard

Coach

Price
Sterlo
Grothe
Kenny
Ella
Cronin
Cayless
Hindmarsh

Ken Thornett; Dick Thornett; Ron Lynch; Brian Hambley; Bob O`Reilly; Ron Hilditch; Luke Burt; Nathan Cayless; John Baker; John McMartin; etc, etc, etc ............ and John Simon.

Eels Dude

Coach
Moi Moi double movement, Willie Tonga almost scoring, 2 chances if we scored them would of meant we win the game, full stop.

No it doesn't. The game plays out completely differently if we scored tries on those occasions. Who's to say the Tigers wouldn't have clocked off if they didn't have as big a lead. No-one knows what would have happened. We only know what did happen.